Fawn loves linux (the ferret linux user)

Fawn loves linux (the ferret linux user)

Post by Joe Potte » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:25:40

Well, it is now easy to see why linux will win. One of my ferrets
just started the cd player and got "Jumpin' Jack" by Big Bad Voodo Daddy
out of the cd-rom.

Fawn, the female --- of course.

Hell, she can never would use win98.

She likes the fact that linux allows such use of the keyboard.

She hates to use a mouse!

--
Regards, Joe

Post by Donn Mille » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 01:15:48

> I used to have ferrets..

> They STINK!!!!

> But they are somewhat loveable :)

Just like flatfish...

Fawn loves linux (the ferret linux user)

Post by Jim Richardso » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 00:32:37

On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:25:40 GMT,

Quote:> Well, it is now easy to see why linux will win. One of my ferrets
> just started the cd player and got "Jumpin' Jack" by Big Bad Voodo Daddy
> out of the cd-rom.

> Fawn, the female --- of course.

> Hell, she can never would use win98.

> She likes the fact that linux allows such use of the keyboard.

> She hates to use a mouse!

Our ferrets run accros the kbd from time to time generating compileable
PL/1 code...

--
Jim Richardson
        Anarchist, pagan and proud of it

Post by WarpKa » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 03:11:15

>> I used to have ferrets..

>> They STINK!!!!

>> But they are somewhat loveable :)

> Just like flatfish...

He's not lovable in the slightest.

 From the Linux Box of WarpKat

 Download my public key from:

   or retrieve it from
  http://www.keyserver.net as WarpKat
                             (Public Key expires 01/04/2003)

Post by goug.. » Sat, 02 Feb 2002 22:51:35

> On Tue, 29 Jan 2002 22:25:40 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

> >Well, it is now easy to see why linux will win. One of my ferrets
> >just started the cd player and got "Jumpin' Jack" by Big Bad Voodo Daddy
> >out of the cd-rom.

> >Fawn, the female --- of course.

> >Hell, she can never would use win98.

> >She likes the fact that linux allows such use of the keyboard.

> >She hates to use a mouse!

> What's the point in having ferrets? Surely cats would be better.

Cats are less good for catching rabbits
--
http://www.guild.bham.ac.uk/chess-club

Post by goug.. » Mon, 04 Feb 2002 23:26:14

> On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 20:51:35 +0000, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

> >> What's the point in having ferrets? Surely cats would be better.

> >Cats are less good for catching rabbits

> Ferrets can catch rabbits? That's news to me. Why would you want them to
> catch rabbits anyway?

Catching the rabbit with a ferret means you don't need to pick lead shot
out of it.  The reason to catch them?  Because they taste good of
course!
--
http://www.guild.bham.ac.uk/chess-club

Fawn loves linux (the ferret linux user)

Post by Jim Richardso » Tue, 05 Feb 2002 11:38:07

On Sun, 03 Feb 2002 21:26:14 +0000,

>> On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 20:51:35 +0000, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

>> >Cats are less good for catching rabbits

>> Ferrets can catch rabbits? That's news to me. Why would you want them to
>> catch rabbits anyway?

> Catching the rabbit with a ferret means you don't need to pick lead shot
> out of it.  The reason to catch them?  Because they taste good of
> course!

The ferret doesn't catch the rabbit, the ferret chases the rabbit out of
the warren and into the nets you place over all the bolt holes. In a
days work, you can get 200 rabbits and 10 quid from the farmer for
getting rid off them. Then you flog the rabbits (assuming they aren't
mixi) at the market for 1 pound a half dozen.
 'course, these prices are 20 years old, I expect things have changed a
bit :)

--

Post by goug.. » Wed, 06 Feb 2002 00:33:39

> On Sun, 03 Feb 2002 21:26:14 +0000, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

> >> Ferrets can catch rabbits? That's news to me. Why would you want them to
> >> catch rabbits anyway?

> >Catching the rabbit with a ferret means you don't need to pick lead shot
> >out of it.  The reason to catch them?  Because they taste good of
> >course!

> I'd never thought of that. Do they actually bring them back to you, or do
> they just eat them there and then? I would want to eat a rabbit that had
> teeth marks and ferret drool all over it.

It dawns on me that I wasn't too clear in my orig post when I said
'catch'.
Jim's reply explains the process fully.
Meantime, here's a recipe:

1 rabbit, jointed
1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
1 clove garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
salt, pepper, sugar

mix up the vinegar, mustard oil salt pepper+a little sugar to taste.
Add the garlic, and thickly smear over the rabbit peices.  Barbeque the
rabbit for about 10 mins each side.  Serve with a lightly dressed green
salad and a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc.

If you want any more recipes, just ask!
--

Post by Mark Ke » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 20:01:03

>> On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 20:51:35 +0000, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

>> >Cats are less good for catching rabbits

>> Ferrets can catch rabbits? That's news to me. Why would you want them to
>> catch rabbits anyway?

>Catching the rabbit with a ferret means you don't need to pick lead shot
>out of it.  The reason to catch them?  Because they taste good of
>course!

Must admit I tend to shoot them and dump them in the back field
for the foxes.  My dad likes rabbit, but I find it a bit greasy.

--
Mark Kent
                                               Take out the ham to mail me.

Post by goug.. » Sat, 09 Feb 2002 21:18:43

> >> On Fri, 01 Feb 2002 20:51:35 +0000, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

> >> Ferrets can catch rabbits? That's news to me. Why would you want them to
> >> catch rabbits anyway?

> >Catching the rabbit with a ferret means you don't need to pick lead shot
> >out of it.  The reason to catch them?  Because they taste good of
> >course!

> Must admit I tend to shoot them and dump them in the back field
> for the foxes.  My dad likes rabbit, but I find it a bit greasy.

> --
> Mark Kent
>                                                Take out the ham to mail me.

Good wild rabbit is very lean and not at all greasy.  It is a very
healthy meat, and very tasty
--

Post by goug.. » Tue, 12 Feb 2002 01:27:23

> On Fri, 08 Feb 2002 19:18:43 +0000, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

> >> Must admit I tend to shoot them and dump them in the back field
> >> for the foxes.  My dad likes rabbit, but I find it a bit greasy.

> >Good wild rabbit is very lean and not at all greasy.  It is a very
> >healthy meat, and very tasty

> But unfortuanetly, I've only ever seen rabbit for sale in Tenerife, and
> there are no wild rabbits where I live. I suppose I could always butcher
> and cook my sister's pet rabbit, but I doubt she'd be best pleased.

DO NORT DO THAT!  Pet rabbits have a very sedantry life, so get a bit
fat (rabbit fat is quite unpleasant).  Go and ask your local butcher, he
may be able to help.  Alternatively, if you live near Birmingham, visit
Mr Fish in the indoor market, he sells good wild rabbit and lots of
other great fish and game
--

Post by goug.. » Wed, 13 Feb 2002 00:14:09

> On Sun, 10 Feb 2002 23:27:23 +0000, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

> >> But unfortuanetly, I've only ever seen rabbit for sale in Tenerife, and
> >> there are no wild rabbits where I live. I suppose I could always butcher
> >> and cook my sister's pet rabbit, but I doubt she'd be best pleased.

> >DO NORT DO THAT!

> Too late.

LOL!

Quote:

> >Pet rabbits have a very sedantry life, so get a bit
> >fat (rabbit fat is quite unpleasant).

> Couldn't it be cut off?

Some can, but the meat is also fattier and less pleasant

Quote:

> >Go and ask your local butcher, he
> >may be able to help.  Alternatively, if you live near Birmingham, visit
> >Mr Fish in the indoor market, he sells good wild rabbit and lots of
> >other great fish and game

> Oh dear, Birmingham is over an hour away. How much would it cost for an
> average sized rabbit? And how much meat do you get for your money?

2-3 normally., and you can usually get about 1lb of meat off one if you
butcher it carefully.
What town do you live in btw?
--

Post by goug.. » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 01:45:53

> On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:14:09 +0000, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

> >> Too late.

> >LOL!

> She didn't see it that way.

LOL again

Quote:

> >> Couldn't it be cut off?

> >Some can, but the meat is also fattier and less pleasant

> Oh dear. What if the rabbit is put on a treadmill for a few months?

That would make pretty good rabbit I would think

Quote:

> >> Oh dear, Birmingham is over an hour away. How much would it cost for an
> >> average sized rabbit? And how much meat do you get for your money?

> >2-3 normally., and you can usually get about 1lb of meat off one if you
> >butcher it carefully.

> That doesn't sound too bad. Why isn't rabbit more commonly eaten?

I guess people are just a squeamish, they don't like the idea

Quote:

> >What town do you live in btw?

> Bury.

Bury is a fair sized place, so I guess there will be a butcher selling
rabbit.  Just ask around a bit
--

Post by goug.. » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 02:41:15

> > On Sun, 03 Feb 2002 21:26:14 +0000, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

> > >Catching the rabbit with a ferret means you don't need to pick lead shot
> > >out of it.  The reason to catch them?  Because they taste good of
> > >course!

> > I'd never thought of that. Do they actually bring them back to you, or do
> > they just eat them there and then? I would want to eat a rabbit that had
> > teeth marks and ferret drool all over it.

> It dawns on me that I wasn't too clear in my orig post when I said
> 'catch'.
> Jim's reply explains the process fully.
> Meantime, here's a recipe:

> 1 rabbit, jointed
> 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
> 1 clove garlic, crushed
> 1 tablespoon Dijon Mustard
> 2-3 tablespoons of olive oil
> salt, pepper, sugar

> mix up the vinegar, mustard oil salt pepper+a little sugar to taste.
> Add the garlic, and thickly smear over the rabbit peices.  Barbeque the
> rabbit for about 10 mins each side.  Serve with a lightly dressed green
> salad and a glass of chilled Sauvignon Blanc.

> If you want any more recipes, just ask!
> --
> http://www.guild.bham.ac.uk/chess-club

Has anyone tried this recipe?  Does anybody have ant feedback?
--
http://www.guild.bham.ac.uk/chess-club

Fawn loves linux (the ferret linux user)

Post by Jim Richardso » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 06:15:23

On Wed, 13 Feb 2002 23:45:53 +0000,

>> On Mon, 11 Feb 2002 22:14:09 +0000, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

>> >LOL!

>> She didn't see it that way.

> LOL again

>> >Some can, but the meat is also fattier and less pleasant

>> Oh dear. What if the rabbit is put on a treadmill for a few months?

> That would make pretty good rabbit I would think

>> >2-3 normally., and you can usually get about 1lb of meat off one if you
>> >butcher it carefully.

>> That doesn't sound too bad. Why isn't rabbit more commonly eaten?

> I guess people are just a squeamish, they don't like the idea

>> >What town do you live in btw?

>> Bury.

> Bury is a fair sized place, so I guess there will be a butcher selling
> rabbit.  Just ask around a bit

drsquare lives near Bury St Edmunds? damn, Norfolk and Suffolk have gone
down hill since I left...

--
Jim Richardson
        Anarchist, pagan and proud of it
www.eskimo.com/~warlock
    Linux, for when you need to get work done, Or you could just play UT...

1. New to Linux and LOVING it! :) Was a Windows user :(

Error log for Wed, 06 Nov 2002 02:39:43 +0000, segfault in module "The
Alien": dump details are as follows...

Welcome to freedom!

:-)

--
rapskat -  10:27am  up 4 days,  1:39,  2 users,  load average: 0.01, 0.15, 0.15
Running LGX - Linux + GNU + XFree86: Gentoo flavored

Taxes, n.:
        Of life's two certainties, the only one for which you can get
        an extension.

2. Abort of patch cluster installation

3. Linux DELAYED & LINUX folks, ya gotta love'm!

4. kde beta4

5. Linux haters (wintrolls hate Linux and love FreeBSD)

6. Cirrus 7543 and svgalib

7. LOCAL (TX): Announcing Linux Users Group in Midland/Odessa Texas (Permian Basin Linux Users Group)

8. Wireless networking and the Linux kernel

9. For Unix programmers, who love people and who loves serving them ...

10. Aw or DOOL-Soap love =Real life love

11. User-Mode Linux (Linux inside of Linux)

12. Is Microsoft's Internet plan more about its love of power than about users?

13. I love Linux