Not Much Fun

Post by Robert Myer » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:32:46

 > Better than a stay in the ' Big House '
 >
 > DISCOUNTED Protection
 >
 > Click Here.
 >
 > http://www.geocities.com/help2342000/now.htm

Given a choice between attbi black boxes and evidence eliminator spam
posts, I think I'll go with the black boxes.

Not Much Fun

Post by Matthew Gardine » Sun, 25 Aug 2002 16:54:27

>  > Better than a stay in the ' Big House '

>  > DISCOUNTED Protection

>  > Click Here.

>  > http://www.geocities.com/help2342000/now.htm

> Given a choice between attbi black boxes and evidence eliminator spam
> posts, I think I'll go with the black boxes.

Or better yet, don't use WIndows at all.

Matthew Gardiner

1. Not so fun problem !

While running a script that was to --> rm /mounted_nfs_dir/*
the script died with an odd error and a nice 'clunk' from the drive.  I
don't recall the ext msg, however when I typed
# ls -1 /monuted_nfs_dir
I got a "cannot find /bin/csh " (something like that)

By now,.....good old -'fight or flight' response had kicked in....I
could not access the drive.
I rebooted......durring the loader:

Mounting root from ufs:/dev/ad0s1a
May  9 11:44:21 init: can't exec /bin/sh for etc/rc: No such file or
directory
Enter full pathname of shell or RETURN for /bin/sh:

So,..I rebooted, this time hitting the [any key] to get a prompt.
ok  lsdev

      disk0:    BIOS drive A:
      disk1:    BIOS drive C:
            disk1s1a: FFS
            disk1s1b: swap
            disk1s1e: FFS
            disk1s1f:   FFS
            disk1s1g: FFS

so.......here's what I'm thinking (and please correct me if I'm
wrong...o please,.....correct me !)
I seem to have blown away my mount point ??  Is this correct?

Please,....anybody have any suggestion on how to recover??

Thanks you much-ly

- j

2. What this mean with X stuff

3. win98-not havin fun

4. how to pronounce "solaris"?

5. Fun fun fun! :)

6. Getting X going again, Gnome not centered

7. fun, fun fun

8. semaphores

9. KIllustrator: fun, fun, fun.

10. Ethernet card fun/APM fun

11. Fun with traceroute, or why do we not???

12. more CD-ROM fun (not)

13. Time Flies and it is not Fun