Linux freeware substitute for Autocad? (DXF target)

Linux freeware substitute for Autocad? (DXF target)

Post by Dara Parsava » Mon, 03 Feb 1997 04:00:00

I've looked through the redhat (which i currently use) and debian sites
for a 3d drawing program and i haven't found quite what I'm looking
for.  I need to be able to produce a DXF file of a relatively primitive
3d object (a bent piece of sheet metal basically).  I have some brief
experience with xfig and have never used autocad (which i'm hoping to
avoid).  Is there a way to produce these kind of files with a freeware
linux program?

Some readers might not view this as an advocacy topic, but if I ever
hope to abandon my Win95 boot option permanently, I need to find
alternatives to several Windows programs I use (another being a
foreign language translator).  Thanks.

1. AutoCad dwg/dxf programs

Does anyone know of a FreeBSD/UNIX cad program/package/port that can
be used with AutoCad files?
+================================================================+
| In Theory, there is no difference between theory and practice. |
|                                                                |
|                  In Practice, there is.                        |

|                There comes a Time in every Project             |
|               When you've got to Shoot the Engineer            |
|                        And start Production                    |
+================================================================+

2. Not able to build Webapp module from source

3. Is there a .dxf viewer for linux?

4. how do i config x11 ?

5. iptables: rule with RETURN target just after a rule with ACCEPT target

6. HELP compiling Mosaic v2.4 for Linux

7. Target 0: Target not connected

8. Weird performance with K6-2/300 under Linux

9. Drafting and CAM program for Linux -- (Can Autocad run under Linux)

10. linux drawing to dxf???

11. Wanted: DXF viewer for Linux

12. iptables: rule with RETURN target after a rule with the ACCEPT target

13. RedHat GNU freeware or limit freeware...