Help a poor student!

Post by Martin Ozolin » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Here's a site that has it all.
ftp://ftp.cdrom.com/pub/linux

Good Luck

Quote:>         Hello!
>I am a student from Romania, who wants to learn linux, but  I don't have
>the financial resources to buy a distribution. If someone would send me
some
>linux cdroms, or at least an adress where I could find FREE cds, I would be
>very
>grateful.
>    Thanks in advance,
>Catalin

Help a poor student!

Post by Chris Hansso » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Well if you had included a valid email address, I could have sent you a CD set
that I am no longer using.,... but seeing that you did not, I cannot :-)
Quote:>          Hello!
> I am a student from Romania, who wants to learn linux, but  I don't have
> the financial resources to buy a distribution. If someone would send me some
> linux cdroms, or at least an adress where I could find FREE cds, I would be
> very
> grateful.
>     Thanks in advance,
> Catalin

Help a poor student!

Post by Jacek Pop3aws » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>I am a student from Romania, who wants to learn linux, but  I don't have
>the financial resources to buy a distribution.

i REALLY don't understand
Linux is free
if you have Internet access - just download small distribution (heh...
Pocket Linux is just one floppy) or all RedHat 5.2 for example

Top

Help a poor student!

Post by FoulDrag » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>i REALLY don't understand
>Linux is free
>if you have Internet access - just download small distribution (heh...
>Pocket Linux is just one floppy) or all RedHat 5.2 for example

In some areas, net or phone access still is timed.  Also, didn't there used to
be a CD giveaway programme?
--
Marada Coeurfuege Shra'drakaii Dra'torrinah(Clan Nightwings)
members.xoom.com/marada   Colony name not needed in address.

Help a poor student!

:
:i REALLY don't understand
:Linux is free
:if you have Internet access - just download small distribution (heh...
:Pocket Linux is just one floppy) or all RedHat 5.2 for example

Till then reading the many How-To's will help prepare you for
installing/using linux. Even reading the linux help groups would be
great.

Top

Help a poor student!

Post by Jacek Pop3aws » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>In some areas, net or phone access still is timed.  Also, didn't there used to
>be a CD giveaway programme?

heh.. I live in Poland, I pay 2-3$/hour for phone or Internet Access, but
as a student I can use Net in my school for free

1. Looking for Linux CDs --- poor college student

Hello,

I am  currently a college student at Shippensburg University in Pennsylvania.   As such, I             do not have much much money, if any at all.

I was wondering if maybe someone has some Linux distribution CDs that they could give, lend, or sell very cheaply to me.

Unfortunately, I cannot afford the prices I see at Wlanut Creek CDROM and other.
Downloading from an ftp site is not feasible, as i only have a 2-3MB quota on the schools system, and cannot download direct to my pc.

Thank you for any and all help!

Please e-mail me if you can help:

Joe

(this message was written in vi)

DO NOT SEND ME SPAM!!!!

THERE IS NO TELLING WHAT MIGHT HAPPEN IF YOU SEND
ME SPAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Gimp 0.60 and plug-ins...

3. Poor brainwashed young scamed male linuxer students

4. Free Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP polling and test utility for Linux

5. OSPF routing process for AIX 3.2.0 available?

6. Computers for students, by students.

7. putting history event in bashrc

8. OpenLinux Standard: student to student

9. Student having a problem booting Linux Red Hat 7.0 Please Help

10. Help! HS student on CD-ROM Linux installation

11. COMMERCIAL: Caldera Seeking Student Help

12. student neds help ???