Voice mail system

Post by David Brow » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

We want to put together a voice mail system, based around a PC with one or
more modems attached (possibly connected via USB, to avoid problems with
several comms ports).

Ideally, I don't want to pay too much money (it does not have to be entirely
free software, but this is a relatively small system so it should not be too
much), and while I expect to do some development, the more complete
off-the-shelf system I can get, the better.

Does anyone have any recommendations?  I can run either Linux or NT-based
solutions.

Voice mail system

Post by pac4.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Search LinuxToday.com.  I seem to recall there was a press release this
week or last about some company offering a Linux-based voicemail
system.  You could also try Freshmeat, since almost everything Linux
eventually ends up there.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. voice mail systems for linux

        Are there any voice mail systems available for linux? Can anyone
point me toward a voice modem that will work under linux? I would hate
to think that dosemu is my only hope here! (ack.)

mugwump:~$ cat television|skull > /dev/null
"Death needs time for what it  | "I'm in the mood to slide to the left
kills to grow in, for Ah Pooks | a hundred feet, mo hey now. Coon dog
sweet sake you stupid, greedy, | ground hog, poop log: one time
ugly american death sucker."   | Gahdammit."
-Bryon Gysin                   | -Dean Ween
Christian, n.:
        One who believes that the New Testament is a divinely inspired
book admirably suited to the spiritual needs of his neighbor.  One who
follows the teachings of Christ in so far as they are not inconsistent
with a life of sin.
-Ambrose Bierce

2. soundblaster card on redhat 5.1

3. Voice mail systems

4. Keyboard trans.

5. malloc failure

6. Linux as a Voice Mail System

7. Modem flags

8. Any voice mail apps for Sportster 28.8 Voice Mail modem?

9. Voice Modem Voice Mail Suggestion

10. how to redirect system mail (particularly, cron mail) to a network mail address?

11. mgetty+voice on a USR Sportster 33.6 Voice Internal?

12. Microsoft game voice, voice over IP?