Vote counting goes remote

Post by Matthew Gardine » Sun, 28 Jul 2002 07:53:51

http://www.veryComputer.com/!o...
nt

"Use of a Unisys ES7000 running Unix, based at the vendor's premises, means
the office gains access to a more powerful machine and one that has already
been "stabilised in a fully established site", says elect*office spokesman
Joe Glover (pictured above)."

What? no dot-net? how can this be so EF? isn't dot-net meant to be "da bomb"
or has it turned out to be just another "bomb".

Matthew Gardiner

Vote counting goes remote

Post by Erik Funkenbusc » Sun, 28 Jul 2002 19:17:20

http://www.veryComputer.com/!o...
me

Quote:> nt

> "Use of a Unisys ES7000 running Unix, based at the vendor's premises,
means
> the office gains access to a more powerful machine and one that has
already
> been "stabilised in a fully established site", says elect*office
spokesman
> Joe Glover (pictured above)."

> What? no dot-net? how can this be so EF? isn't dot-net meant to be "da
bomb"
> or has it turned out to be just another "bomb".

Considering that .NET is only about 6 months old, it has orders of magnitude
more acceptance than Java did after 6 months.  You are aware that developing
software takes this thing called "time" right?

Vote counting goes remote

Post by Matthew Gardine » Mon, 29 Jul 2002 00:08:17

> http://www.veryComputer.com/!o...
> me
> > nt

> > "Use of a Unisys ES7000 running Unix, based at the vendor's premises,
> means
> > the office gains access to a more powerful machine and one that has
> already
> > been "stabilised in a fully established site", says elect*office
> spokesman
> > Joe Glover (pictured above)."

> > What? no dot-net? how can this be so EF? isn't dot-net meant to be "da
> bomb"
> > or has it turned out to be just another "bomb".

> Considering that .NET is only about 6 months old, it has orders of magnitude
> more acceptance than Java did after 6 months.  You are aware that developing
> software takes this thing called "time" right?

No, according to Microsoft, people are right now using .net, and some
"Microsoft evangelists" say that some have saved $$'s by using .net, funny
that I can't locate these "businesses" and "senarios" they are going on about.

Matthew Gardiner