Preaching While Black

Post by obiwa » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Recently Y posted the story of some friends of hers who
were detained by police for  DWB -- driving
while black.  Yesterday, an  minister was
handcuffed by police for preaching while black.

          Filed at 1:17 a.m. EST

          By The Associated Press

          LOS ANGELES (AP) -- The Episcopal bishop of
          Los Angeles expressed frustration with police
          after a priest in full vestments was
          handcuffed and detained just yards away from
          his church.

          The incident happened Jan. 7 as police
          pursued two black men after reports that
          someone was wielding a gun on a street
          corner.

          The Rev. Donald Culmer, who is black, stepped
          out of his church after morning services and
          confronted one of the men. Four police
          officers surrounded both Culmer and the
          suspect.

          Culmer said he was ordered to drop to his
          knees and handcuffed in front of his
          parishioners.

          ``It is stunning to me that the police were
          evidently not able to recognize the full
          priestly vestments in which this priest was
          dressed,'' Bishop Frederick Borsch said
          Wednesday.

          Culmer said he was released about two minutes
          after he was handcuffed, after parishioners
          and the church secretary told police they had
          the wrong man. One officer was Asian, two
          were Hispanic and one was American Indian.

          ``They dusted him off and sent him on his
          way,'' said Los Angeles police Cmdr. David
          Kalish. ``This does not appear to be a racial
          incident, it was a police incident. But we
          apologize for any misunderstandings or
          embarrassments.''

          The officers were operating under the
          assumption that the suspect may have had time
          to put the robes on, Kalish said.

          ``They didn't know who was who,'' Kalish
          said.

Preaching While Black

Post by Paul Dwerryhou » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Recently Y posted the story of some friends of hers who
>were detained by police for  DWB -- driving
>while black.  Yesterday, an  minister was
>handcuffed by police for preaching while black.

...and I assume this guy was arrested for being overly zealous about
Linux, yes?

--

"The growing use of e-mail, not to mention Web-page publishing, threatens to
reverse the trend towards illiteracy among the supposedly educated without at

Preaching While Black

Post by dsteph » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>>Recently Y posted the story of some friends of hers who
>>were detained by police for  DWB -- driving
>>while black.  Yesterday, an  minister was
>>handcuffed by police for preaching while black.

>...and I assume this guy was arrested for being overly zealous about
>Linux, yes?

no, its relevant because he had the worlds smallest
web server, running linux, under his priestly vestements!

tee hee

--
Dave

Preaching While Black

Post by Tim Hans » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>>Recently Y posted the story of some friends of hers who
>>were detained by police for  DWB -- driving
>>while black.  Yesterday, an  minister was
>>handcuffed by police for preaching while black.

>...and I assume this guy was arrested for being overly zealous about
>Linux, yes?

Dressed like a penguin, no doubt, and likely on his way to a Microsoft refund
day rally, in broad daylight.

Preaching While Black

Post by link » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> >>Recently Y posted the story of some friends of hers who
> >>were detained by police for  DWB -- driving
> >>while black.  Yesterday, an  minister was
> >>handcuffed by police for preaching while black.

> >...and I assume this guy was arrested for being overly zealous about
> >Linux, yes?

> Dressed like a penguin, no doubt, and likely on his way to a Microsoft refund
> day rally, in broad daylight.

 Oh yes. And he was walking out of the Cathedral & towards the bazaar!

1. Press Ctrl-D whiling inputting

I write a program:

#include <stdio.h>
main()
{
   char str[81];
   while(1)
   {
      gets(str);
      printf("You input: %s\n",str);
   }

My question is why it causes infinitely loop after I press Ctrl-D.
Is there any solution about this?  Thanks.

    / \   Trying to maintain a good friendship with all people   / \
   /   + - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -/ - +

+------------------------------------------------------------+   /
 \ /Home Page: http://susis.ust.hk/~enoch                     \ /

2. STARTTLS SMTP server without STARTTLS support in client?

3. Weird problem with Red Hat & Storm setup - text displays black on black background

4. Java Service on Linux - !! No clue !!

5. Sol9: CDE: how to flip dtterm to white on black, yellow on black, ...?

6. CNet PRO110b NIC driver?

7. terminal: black text on black background. Please help...

8. SCSI devices

9. Exiting X -> nice black-on-black text on all VC

10. XFree86 Menus are Black on Black

11. Netscape 3.0 menu text ok, 4.07 is black on black

12. Soln: Mouse pointer lacks white border (black pointer on black background)

13. XFree86 Menus are Black on Black