PLCash Beta Release

Post by Paul Lutu » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 17:40:47

Dear Newsgroup:

Please try out my new personal financial program, "PLCash." PLCash is
cross-platform (Java), it is easy to use, and it is free (this is not
a come-on, it will always be free). It is now available for download
at http://www.arachnoid.com/PLCash in version 0.92 (beta).

I wrote this program as part of my campaign to move away from (1)
Microsoft Windows and (2) Intuit, both of whom appear to be trying to
turn their clients into serfs. Notwithstanding my goal, PLCash runs
fine on Windows, as well as the various flavors of Linux, and those
Macintoshes running recent versions of OS X.

Some features are not yet complete in this beta release, but the
features of primary interest to the typical user are present:

1. The ability to import and export QIF files.
2. Classic account management features.
3. The three primary flavors of check printing as in Quicken.
4. Account reconciliation.
5. The use of completely transparent data files (tab-separated
database tables), easily imported into other programs.
6. A nice, easy-to-use graphical interface.

Because this is a beta release, I am open to bug reports and
suggestions at http://www.arachnoid.com/messages.

Thanks for taking a look.

p.s. If this message appears more than once within a week, I apologize. I
initially made the mistake of trying to post through Google. Google's
response time is now like trying to ride a glacier to the sea.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com

PLCash Beta Release

Post by Evpuneq Eriv » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:48:54

> Thanks for taking a look.

Although I am not a fan of spam in any form, I did go and have a look, and
it appears quite promising.

Also worth reading is http://vps.arachnoid.com/boycott/index.html

--
Oxymoron: Microsoft Works.
16:47:16  up 2 days, 16:38,  2 users,  load average: 0.16, 0.07, 0.02

PLCash Beta Release

Post by Paul Lutu » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:01:50

>> Thanks for taking a look.

> Although I am not a fan of spam in any form,

Spam? You mean, because my post bears no immediate relation to the
newsgroup's topic? Okay, fair enough. I think that's rather a strict
definition, but that's just my opinion, nothing more. In another situation
I might take (or have taken) your position.

Quote:> I did go and have a look, and
> it appears quite promising.

Thank you.

Quote:

> Also worth reading is http://vps.arachnoid.com/boycott/index.html

I've always thought so.

--
Paul Lutus
http://www.arachnoid.com

PLCash Beta Release

Post by Lin?nu » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:04:03

:

:>
:>> Thanks for taking a look.
:>

Post by Evpuneq Eriv » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 19:25:35

>> Although I am not a fan of spam in any form,

> Spam? You mean, because my post bears no immediate relation to the
> newsgroup's topic? Okay, fair enough. I think that's rather a strict
> definition, but that's just my opinion, nothing more. In another situation
> I might take (or have taken) your position.

It looked rather like a random URL dropped into the group - but its hard
to tell what it spam and what isn't, thanks to the sheer amount of noise
(in this group especially).

Probably it would have been better off as a followup to one of the many
posts asking why Linux has no decent MS Money/Quicken type software, but
then it would have just been autokilled by half of the people here anyway,
so it's a tough call. I'm sure it'll get mentioned the next time one of
the regular trolls starts complaining about it again :o)

--
Oxymoron: Microsoft Works.
17:18:30  up 2 days, 17:09,  2 users,  load average: 0.04, 0.01, 0.00
E-mail address munged to prevent spam.

PLCash Beta Release

Post by Peter K?hlman » Mon, 21 Apr 2003 18:38:01

< snip >

Filed for followup complaint

1. PLCash Beta Release

[...]

2. Can ping TO but not THROUGH - why?

3. how to disable logins

4. where to get lpfilter.c ?

5. PPP does not work after kernel upgrade?

6. lilo version 22 beta release

7. Problems TAMU 1.0A Beta release ....Help ..

8. Apache 1.3 Beta 6 Released

9. Mandrake PPC 9.1 Beta 2 Released

10. ix/MBox BBS for UNIX / New beta release!