Need to make UNIX autoresponder

Post by acunet3.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

I would like to make an autoresponder in Perl on a UNIX server. Any
ideas tips about doing that? I look forward to hearing from you. Thank
you.

--
Auction Booth:
http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/booth/acunet3278

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

Post by Craig Kelle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I would like to make an autoresponder in Perl on a UNIX server. Any
> ideas tips about doing that? I look forward to hearing from you. Thank
> you.

Check out procmail.

Post by QVAF » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> > I would like to make an autoresponder in Perl on a UNIX server. Any
> > ideas tips about doing that? I look forward to hearing from you.

> Check out procmail.

Alternatively, sendmail lets you put a file called
'.forward' in your home directory. In that file,
you can put the following:

|/path/to/foo

'foo' would be your autoresponder, and will
receive your email messages as STDIN.
In either case, procmail or sendmail,
your Perl program can use Mail::Sendmail
or whatever mail module to easily send mail.

Post by Leslie Mikese » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>> I would like to make an autoresponder in Perl on a UNIX server. Any
>> ideas tips about doing that? I look forward to hearing from you. Thank
>> you.

>Check out procmail.

I think he means something like this one:
http://nutria.life.uiuc.edu/igorl/ISL/Programming_projects/Current_pr...

  Les Mikesell

Post by Tim Kelle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> > > I would like to make an autoresponder in Perl on a UNIX server. Any
> > > ideas tips about doing that? I look forward to hearing from you.

> > Check out procmail.

> Alternatively, sendmail lets you put a file called
> '.forward' in your home directory. In that file,
> you can put the following:

> |/path/to/foo

> 'foo' would be your autoresponder, and will
> receive your email messages as STDIN.
> In either case, procmail or sendmail,
> your Perl program can use Mail::Sendmail
> or whatever mail module to easily send mail.

the only problem with that is most mail admins use /bin/false as
the shell for the users account (unless they need a shell);
nothing like the above will work unless you have a valid shell.
how do you get around that?
--

Tim Kelley

Post by Sergei Laska » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I would like to make an autoresponder in Perl on a UNIX server. Any
> ideas tips about doing that? I look forward to hearing from you. Thank
> you.

vacation(1) why Perl?

Post by Rejo Zeng » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>> I would like to make an autoresponder in Perl on a UNIX server. Any
>> ideas tips about doing that? I look forward to hearing from you. Thank
>> you.

>vacation(1) why Perl?

Or procmail.

        -Rejo.

--

= http://mediaport.org/~sister (and my_urls.html)               PGP: see headers

Need to make UNIX autoresponder

Post by Leslie Mikese » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>>having problems posting attachments, try again...

>[snip]

>>#!/bin/sh

>The only problem is that the original poster wants the autoresponder
>to be written in Perl (for whatever reason).

And, of course, it has been done already:
http://nutria.life.uiuc.edu/igorl/ISL/Programming_projects/Current_pr...

  Les Mikesell

1. Need to make UNIX autoresponder

I would like to make an autoresponder in Perl on a UNIX server. Any
ideas tips about doing that? I look forward to hearing from you. Thank
you.

--
Auction Booth:
http://page.auctions.yahoo.com/booth/acunet3278

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. NTFS support

3. Sircam virus autoresponder (Unix)

4. dolphin 8000AT cdrom player

5. Need to produce a list of files that need to be made.

6. M$ Encarta Encyclopedia

7. Running perl script as sendmail autoresponder

8. Help with Authentication (RFC1421)

9. Autoresponder

10. email autoresponder ?

11. Mail Autoresponder for Linux

12. Making changes to env variables and making them stick

13. AutoResponder for Linux-FT