NEW: Micro$oft Announcement Template

Post by Scot E. Wilcox » Wed, 22 Mar 1995 06:34:29

The preceding article should not have been posted to the net.  It contains
copyright protected information and possible trade secrets involving
ENIAC and DOS.

This article should not have been posted to the net.  It contains copyright
protected information and possible trade secrets involving
USENET and NNTP.

The following article should not be posted to the net.  It contains
copyright protected information and possible trade secrets involving
England and the American language.

--

        1. Laws are society's common sense, written down for the stupid.
        2. The stupid refuse to read.  Thank you for choosing to read.

Post by Dave Gardn » Thu, 23 Mar 1995 03:01:11

: The preceding article should not have been posted to the net.  It contains
: copyright protected information and possible trade secrets involving
: ENIAC and DOS.

I suppose that next comes the announcements of the establishment of a
'cancelrhino', followed shortly by questionable search and seizures.

|   Dave Gardner       |   Everybody's looking for the answers;            |

1. Micro$oft sound card problems.

Hi all,
        I have a microsoft sound card (says microsoft right on it) that I have
used successfully for the last year with 1.2.13 and the sound drivers
that came with it at the time.  (I believe it was still voxware in those
days.)  These came from RedHat 3.0.3 from their Running Linux companion
disks.
        I recently upgrade to 2.1.16 (and subsequently .17) to correct some net
problems, but now I am having sound card difficulties.  It still plays
to be sure, but the volume is so incredibly low that even with my stereo
cranked all the way up it is a strain to hear anything.
        Here is a copy of my /dev/sndstat, I have the OPL's configured (despite
that I don't know if they work) only because they have no effect on the
output.  I'm sure they are not the problem.

        I've tried every mixer program that exists on sunsite and while they do
have an effect on the volume it is still not enought to be of value.  I
am a music composition major and use my computer extensively for my
music and need badly to get this problem solved.

Thank you in advance for your help.  If you can think of any suggestions
I would appreciate it if you could mail them to me also just so I don't
miss them.

Thanks again,
Mike

--
``Work for something because it is good,
  not just because it has a chance to succeed.''

Michael Litherland

http://129.22.250.154/

2. setgroups: Operation not permitted

3. Boycott Micro$oft pages

4. Problem with users changing passwords

5. Micro$oft bloatware proved (Re: GCC/G++ vs Other guys)

6. Advanced routing in solaris8?

7. Is there an application group like Micro$oft Office for Linux???

8. Can't find bootstrap.conf

9. Micro$oft exec says all os's insecure ... forgets about VMS!

10. Micro$oft Netmeeting thru linux router

11. demonstrating linux in a micro$oft oriented world

12. Caldera releases DOS source code and sues Micro$oft.

13. Using Micro$oft Access Files?