Lincity

Post by Pierre de Ferma » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 05:00:10

I'm not a big game player (I think I've bought 1
game my entire life and downloaded 0), but I ran
this little exec called Lincity. I wouldn't really
compare it to Simcity though the object of the game
is similar. But for a FREE game that loads with the
OS, I think it is fantastic and the authors deserve
praise for the effort. The only bad part about it is
that I'm somewhat *ed to it and am wearing out
my mouse by clicking on all those roads and railroads and
towns. What a blast for a time killer!

Lincity

Post by wjbel » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 05:17:47

> I'm not a big game player (I think I've bought 1
> game my entire life and downloaded 0), but I ran
> this little exec called Lincity. I wouldn't really
> compare it to Simcity though the object of the game
> is similar. But for a FREE game that loads with the
> OS, I think it is fantastic and the authors deserve
> praise for the effort. The only bad part about it is
> that I'm somewhat *ed to it and am wearing out
> my mouse by clicking on all those roads and railroads and
> towns. What a blast for a time killer!

That's what linux is good for, a time killer.  Fortunatly, I value
my time too much to use linux.

Lincity

Post by rickma » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 05:58:09

> > I'm not a big game player (I think I've bought 1
> > game my entire life and downloaded 0), but I ran
> > this little exec called Lincity. I wouldn't really
> > compare it to Simcity though the object of the game
> > is similar. But for a FREE game that loads with the
> > OS, I think it is fantastic and the authors deserve
> > praise for the effort. The only bad part about it is
> > that I'm somewhat *ed to it and am wearing out
> > my mouse by clicking on all those roads and railroads and
> > towns. What a blast for a time killer!

> That's what linux is good for, a time killer.  Fortunatly, I value
> my time too much to use linux.

Yes, I can see that your time is very valuable.  That is why you read
the Linux newsgroups and post about how you don't like it.  That must be
*quality* time to you...  LOL

--

Rick "rickman" Collins

removed.

Specializing in DSP and FPGA design      URL http://www.veryComputer.com/
4 King Ave                               301-682-7772 Voice
Frederick, MD 21701-3110                 301-682-7666 FAX

Lincity

Post by Mark » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 06:08:10

>>I'm not a big game player (I think I've bought 1
>>game my entire life and downloaded 0), but I ran
>>this little exec called Lincity. I wouldn't really
>>compare it to Simcity though the object of the game
>>is similar. But for a FREE game that loads with the
>>OS, I think it is fantastic and the authors deserve
>>praise for the effort. The only bad part about it is
>>that I'm somewhat *ed to it and am wearing out
>>my mouse by clicking on all those roads and railroads and
>>towns. What a blast for a time killer!

> That's what linux is good for, a time killer.  Fortunatly, I value
> my time too much to use linux.

Can't be too valuable if you waste it here hah.

Lincity

Post by wjbel » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 07:02:12

>>>I'm not a big game player (I think I've bought 1
>>>game my entire life and downloaded 0), but I ran
>>>this little exec called Lincity. I wouldn't really
>>>compare it to Simcity though the object of the game
>>>is similar. But for a FREE game that loads with the
>>>OS, I think it is fantastic and the authors deserve
>>>praise for the effort. The only bad part about it is
>>>that I'm somewhat *ed to it and am wearing out
>>>my mouse by clicking on all those roads and railroads and
>>>towns. What a blast for a time killer!

>> That's what linux is good for, a time killer.  Fortunatly, I value
>> my time too much to use linux.

> Can't be too valuable if you waste it here hah.

Consider it a public service.

Lincity

Post by Mark » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 07:09:46

>>>That's what linux is good for, a time killer.  Fortunatly, I value
>>>my time too much to use linux.

>>Can't be too valuable if you waste it here hah.

> Consider it a public service.

Whose puplic?

Lincity

Post by rapska » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 07:36:04

Error log for Sat, 12 Apr 2003 05:02:12 +0000: segfault in module wjbell -
dump details are as follows...

Quote:>> Can't be too valuable if you waste it here hah.

> Consider it a public service.

So are the toilets in gas stations.  Figures you have so much in common
with them.

--
rapskat -  00:34:48 up 2 days, 13:27,  4 users,  load average: 0.33, 0.83, 0.68
Gentoo Base System version 1.4.3.5 kernel 2.5.67 on a Pentium III (Coppermine)

Lincity

Post by Roy Cull » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 07:49:47

Quote:

> That's what linux is good for, a time killer.  Fortunatly, I value
> my time too much to use linux.

We know already. That's why you plagiarise the work of others and
lie:

http://snipurl.com/1tg

Full URL:
<http://groups.google.ch/groups?q=wjbell+the+plagiarist+-+the+proof&hl...>

Lincity

Post by Sinister Midge » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:38:14

>> I'm not a big game player (I think I've bought 1
>> game my entire life and downloaded 0), but I ran
>> this little exec called Lincity. I wouldn't really
>> compare it to Simcity though the object of the game
>> is similar. But for a FREE game that loads with the
>> OS, I think it is fantastic and the authors deserve
>> praise for the effort. The only bad part about it is
>> that I'm somewhat *ed to it and am wearing out
>> my mouse by clicking on all those roads and railroads and
>> towns. What a blast for a time killer!

> That's what linux is good for, a time killer.  Fortunatly, I value
> my time too much to use linux.

It makes a pretty good Windoze killer, too. And a pro-winders argument
killer. And sometimes even a great troll killer.

If your time is so valuable, you should either organize it better by
getting linux or by dumping computers altogether.

I'd prefer the second option myself. And you've shown you can't really
use linux or you probably would've tried to by now. So dumping your PC
is probably best all around.

C'mon. You know you want to! Just do it! I dare ya!

--
If at first you don't succeed, get a job with Microsoft. Why ruin a
perfect record?

Lincity

Post by David Kastru » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 11:44:13

> >> That's what linux is good for, a time killer.  Fortunatly, I value
> >> my time too much to use linux.

Most people complain that there are fewer games for Linux to waste
one's time on than for Windows.

Quote:

> > Can't be too valuable if you waste it here hah.

> Consider it a public service.

Yes, giving the public the "here but for the grace of God go I"
experience from time to time is certainly a service.

Lincity

Post by Pierre de Ferma » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 13:43:55

[snipped]

Wow, I didn't think that such an innocuous post
complimenting a freebie little game would bring out
one of our high-powered trolls.

Linux must really bother you. Oh, wait. Linux
doesn't bother, right? It's those you call linonuts
that bother you. So you like* out with
linonuts. Like the abuse you get. That says a lot
about you.

Lincity

Post by CyberDaemo » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 17:16:50

Pierre de Fermat said (Article

> [snipped]

> Wow, I didn't think that such an innocuous post complimenting a freebie
> little game would bring out one of our high-powered trolls.

Which is why I mostly ignore them.  They just want attention, and not
giving it to them is a good thing in my view.

Besides, you know they sit around and waste time by playing
Solitaire/FreeCell/Minesweeper.  :)

--
Stephen, king of the wicker people
-- Join #cola on irc.oftc.net !  --

Lincity

Post by Rick » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 18:10:20

>>> That's what linux is good for, a time killer.  Fortunatly, I value
>>> my time too much to use linux.

>> Can't be too valuable if you waste it here hah.

> Consider it a public service.

Only your leaving would be a public service.
--
Rick

Lincity

Post by wjbel » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 19:33:09

>>> I'm not a big game player (I think I've bought 1
>>> game my entire life and downloaded 0), but I ran
>>> this little exec called Lincity. I wouldn't really
>>> compare it to Simcity though the object of the game
>>> is similar. But for a FREE game that loads with the
>>> OS, I think it is fantastic and the authors deserve
>>> praise for the effort. The only bad part about it is
>>> that I'm somewhat *ed to it and am wearing out
>>> my mouse by clicking on all those roads and railroads and
>>> towns. What a blast for a time killer!

>> That's what linux is good for, a time killer.  Fortunatly, I value
>> my time too much to use linux.

> It makes a pretty good Windoze killer, too. And a pro-winders argument
> killer. And sometimes even a great troll killer.

> If your time is so valuable, you should either organize it better by
> getting linux or by dumping computers altogether.

> I'd prefer the second option myself. And you've shown you can't really
> use linux or you probably would've tried to by now.

www.belletc.net runs linsux.

Next moronic comment from "Sinister"?

Lincity

Post by Mark » Sun, 13 Apr 2003 22:19:21

> Pierre de Fermat said (Article

>>[snipped]

>>Wow, I didn't think that such an innocuous post complimenting a freebie
>>little game would bring out one of our high-powered trolls.

> Which is why I mostly ignore them.  They just want attention, and not
> giving it to them is a good thing in my view.

> Besides, you know they sit around and waste time by playing
> Solitaire/FreeCell/Minesweeper.  :)

But you can do that on Linux ;)

1. Lincity

Hi, I run the new Susse Linux 6.0
I was playing lincity just fine in the 5.3.2 version.
But when I updated it moved to KDE. and now
when I want to play lincity the screen goes bad
and I have to do alt-cntrl-del once to reboot.

Thanks

John

2. Apache 2.0 Discussion Day on searchWebManagement.com

3. Anyone tried compiling LinCity?

4. **Problems with AZTECH CD-ROM drive! Please HELP me!**