Dell enters sub $1000 PC market

Post by David Steube » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Sorry, I don't have a URL to give you.

The newswire (I don't recall which feed) had an article today about
DELL entering the sub $1000 PC market.  DELL will be shipping these
new, inexpensive machines with Linux pre-installed.  I believe it will
be the Red Hat distribution.

I hope DELL has success with this market.

--
David Steuber
http://www.david-steuber.com

Where was it you said you wanted to go today?  Sorry, you can't get
there from here.

Post by C. Costel » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>Sorry, I don't have a URL to give you.

>The newswire (I don't recall which feed) had an article today about
>DELL entering the sub $1000 PC market.  DELL will be shipping these
>new, inexpensive machines with Linux pre-installed.  I believe it will
>be the Red Hat distribution.

>I hope DELL has success with this market.

   If they practice their marketing using the right key buzzwords like
"*space" and "multimedia," everyone will be happy.

Quote:

>--
>David Steuber
>http://www.veryComputer.com/
>s/trashcan/david/ to reply by mail

>Where was it you said you wanted to go today?  Sorry, you can't get
>there from here.

-Chris

--
Hartley's First Law:
        You can lead a horse to water, but if you can get him to float

1. sub $1000 laptops

Hello World,

I am from India, and will be travelling to US shortly and would like to
buy a laptop (Used or New). I will be able to afford only $1000 for it.
Could I get reccomendations for such a thing which linux kernel
compatible? It will be my development machine while on travel.

--
Ramakrishnan M     WWW: http://www.symonds.net/~rkrishnan/

2. Audio

3. FS: Dell PowerEdge 1300 350Mhz Server $1000

4. Samba problem print to windows printer with domain

5. Sub-sub-sub-sub-sub subdomains?

6. Help on function keys configuration

7. $1000 qmail Security Challange

8. process priorities

9. Make $1000's Monthly!

10. Color PostScript printer for < $1000?

11. Q: Good backup solution below $1000 ?

12. Last call: $1000 qmail Security Challenge