Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by Charlie Ebe » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 01:17:05

Why is is that everytime the subject of Linux comes up in an
office, about 25 middle aged fat asses fly into the conversation
to profess the advocacy of using Windows powered boxes.

Windows boxes are so easy to install.  I tried to install Linux
and it was SOO DIFFICULT!  Every PC crashes, so why pick the OS
which is hardest to install!  Oh my!

They are so concerned about install and setup they forgot the
REASON this BECAME IMPORTANT!  It BECAME IMPORTANT BECAUSE,,,,
MIDDDLE AGGGED FATTTASS MAN ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME HERE,,,,
IT BECAME IMPORTANT BECAUSE WINDOWS IS AN UNRELIABLE PEICE
OF SHIT OPERATING SYSTEM WHICH ISN'T CAPABLE OF UPTIMES EXCEEDING
A WEEK!  IT'S THE *ING OPERATING SYSTEM WHICH HAS MADE THIS
RE-INSTALLATION ISSUE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO YOU!

The next concern MIDDLE AGED FAT ASS MAN has is that Linux
doesn't have Microsoft Office.  MAFAM can't use a computer unless
it has his favorite!  MAFAM, use Star Office or Gnome or KDE office.
Use Evolution!    Do not rely on MAFAM products from Micro-crash anymore.

There must be a device which uses centrifical force or some other means
which will transfer MAFAM's brain from this lower extremeties back
up to his cranium where it belongs.

MAFAM also has this terrible difficulty in understanding why it's important
to know LINUX is ready for business when you refer to the largest
super computer clusters being built from Linux.  MAFAM thinks that's
GEEK BRAINS STUFF and that doesn't APPLY TO MAFAM WORLD!

Nothing in MAFAM's world needs to have GEEK BRAINS stuff as long as
you have a GOOD PLAN!

MAFAM lives by the GOOD PLAN philosophy.

See you all on the wide track MAFAM'S!

Charlie

Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by mlw » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 02:57:04

What age is a Middle aged man?

--
I'm not offering myself as an example; every life evolves by its own laws.
------------------------

Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by John Smit » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:06:27

Quote:

>     [Snip a lot of *from soon-to-be middle aged fat-ass man

It must be a * being perfect.

Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by Flacc » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:08:01

They're so adorable at that age, aren't they?

> Why is is that everytime the subject of Linux comes up in an office,
> about 25 middle aged fat asses fly into the conversation to profess the
> advocacy of using Windows powered boxes.

> Windows boxes are so easy to install.  I tried to install Linux and it
> was SOO DIFFICULT!  Every PC crashes, so why pick the OS which is
> hardest to install!  Oh my!

> They are so concerned about install and setup they forgot the REASON
> this BECAME IMPORTANT!  It BECAME IMPORTANT BECAUSE,,,, MIDDDLE AGGGED
> FATTTASS MAN ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME HERE,,,, IT BECAME IMPORTANT
> BECAUSE WINDOWS IS AN UNRELIABLE PEICE OF SHIT OPERATING SYSTEM WHICH
> ISN'T CAPABLE OF UPTIMES EXCEEDING A WEEK!  IT'S THE *ING OPERATING
> SYSTEM WHICH HAS MADE THIS RE-INSTALLATION ISSUE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO
> YOU!

> The next concern MIDDLE AGED FAT ASS MAN has is that Linux doesn't have
> Microsoft Office.  MAFAM can't use a computer unless it has his
> favorite!  MAFAM, use Star Office or Gnome or KDE office. Use Evolution!
>    Do not rely on MAFAM products from Micro-crash anymore.

> There must be a device which uses centrifical force or some other means
> which will transfer MAFAM's brain from this lower extremeties back up to
> his cranium where it belongs.

> MAFAM also has this terrible difficulty in understanding why it's
> important to know LINUX is ready for business when you refer to the
> largest  super computer clusters being built from Linux.  MAFAM thinks
> that's GEEK BRAINS STUFF and that doesn't APPLY TO MAFAM WORLD!

> Nothing in MAFAM's world needs to have GEEK BRAINS stuff as long as you
> have a GOOD PLAN!

> MAFAM lives by the GOOD PLAN philosophy.

> See you all on the wide track MAFAM'S!

> Charlie

Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by Edward Roste » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:39:47

Quote:> What age is a Middle aged man?

It's not an age, it's a state of mind :-)

-Ed

--
Did you know that the oldest known rock is the famous |u98ejr

old?                                                  |eng.ox
                -The Hackenthorpe Book of Lies        |.ac.uk

Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by GreyClou » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 04:49:33

> They're so adorable at that age, aren't they?

> > Why is is that everytime the subject of Linux comes up in an office,
> > about 25 middle aged fat asses fly into the conversation to profess the
> > advocacy of using Windows powered boxes.

> > Windows boxes are so easy to install.  I tried to install Linux and it
> > was SOO DIFFICULT!  Every PC crashes, so why pick the OS which is
> > hardest to install!  Oh my!

> > They are so concerned about install and setup they forgot the REASON
> > this BECAME IMPORTANT!  It BECAME IMPORTANT BECAUSE,,,, MIDDDLE AGGGED
> > FATTTASS MAN ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME HERE,,,, IT BECAME IMPORTANT
> > BECAUSE WINDOWS IS AN UNRELIABLE PEICE OF SHIT OPERATING SYSTEM WHICH
> > ISN'T CAPABLE OF UPTIMES EXCEEDING A WEEK!  IT'S THE *ING OPERATING
> > SYSTEM WHICH HAS MADE THIS RE-INSTALLATION ISSUE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO
> > YOU!

> > The next concern MIDDLE AGED FAT ASS MAN has is that Linux doesn't have
> > Microsoft Office.  MAFAM can't use a computer unless it has his
> > favorite!  MAFAM, use Star Office or Gnome or KDE office. Use Evolution!
> >    Do not rely on MAFAM products from Micro-crash anymore.

> > There must be a device which uses centrifical force or some other means
> > which will transfer MAFAM's brain from this lower extremeties back up to
> > his cranium where it belongs.

> > MAFAM also has this terrible difficulty in understanding why it's
> > important to know LINUX is ready for business when you refer to the
> > largest  super computer clusters being built from Linux.  MAFAM thinks
> > that's GEEK BRAINS STUFF and that doesn't APPLY TO MAFAM WORLD!

> > Nothing in MAFAM's world needs to have GEEK BRAINS stuff as long as you
> > have a GOOD PLAN!

> > MAFAM lives by the GOOD PLAN philosophy.

> > See you all on the wide track MAFAM'S!

> > Charlie

Well, it doesn't take much of a hammer to drive a tack!  (Couldn't resist!)
But I'm not fond of windows either.  I used to manage some big iron and then
my pointy haired boss
said we're moving to windows.... I retired.

Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by Joseph T. Adam » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 05:08:37

Some of us use, like, and advocate Linux in spite of being neither
young nor thin.  :)

Post by Donn Mille » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 06:07:25

> Why is is that everytime the subject of Linux comes up in an
> office, about 25 middle aged fat asses fly into the conversation
> to profess the advocacy of using Windows powered boxes.

Had I been a king from the middle ages, I'd have people sent to the rack
for advocating Windows.  Or, maybe I could have them hung upside-down in
the dungeon. 8-)

Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by David Steinbe » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 08:46:49

: Some of us use, like, and advocate Linux in spite of being neither
: young nor thin.  :)

And many of us use, like, and advocate Linux, are young and thin, and
are still incredibly offended by Charlie's posts.

And I think he reached a new low with the one that started this thread.

--
David Steinberg                             -o)
Computer Engineering Undergrad, UBC         / \

Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by mmnno » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 10:19:15

No offense, Charlie, but you're starting to scare me a little.
The large numbers of separate posts with links and no
comment.... on another day, ranting... all caps...
and now 'MAFAM's?

> Why is is that everytime the subject of Linux comes up in an office,
> about 25 middle aged fat asses fly into the conversation to profess the
> advocacy of using Windows powered boxes.

> Windows boxes are so easy to install.  I tried to install Linux and it
> was SOO DIFFICULT!  Every PC crashes, so why pick the OS which is
> hardest to install!  Oh my!

> They are so concerned about install and setup they forgot the REASON
> this BECAME IMPORTANT!  It BECAME IMPORTANT BECAUSE,,,, MIDDDLE AGGGED
> FATTTASS MAN ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME HERE,,,, IT BECAME IMPORTANT
> BECAUSE WINDOWS IS AN UNRELIABLE PEICE OF SHIT OPERATING SYSTEM WHICH
> ISN'T CAPABLE OF UPTIMES EXCEEDING A WEEK!  IT'S THE *ING OPERATING
> SYSTEM WHICH HAS MADE THIS RE-INSTALLATION ISSUE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO
> YOU!

> The next concern MIDDLE AGED FAT ASS MAN has is that Linux doesn't have
> Microsoft Office.  MAFAM can't use a computer unless it has his
> favorite!  MAFAM, use Star Office or Gnome or KDE office. Use Evolution!
>    Do not rely on MAFAM products from Micro-crash anymore.

> There must be a device which uses centrifical force or some other means
> which will transfer MAFAM's brain from this lower extremeties back up to
> his cranium where it belongs.

> MAFAM also has this terrible difficulty in understanding why it's
> important to know LINUX is ready for business when you refer to the
> largest  super computer clusters being built from Linux.  MAFAM thinks
> that's GEEK BRAINS STUFF and that doesn't APPLY TO MAFAM WORLD!

> Nothing in MAFAM's world needs to have GEEK BRAINS stuff as long as you
> have a GOOD PLAN!

> MAFAM lives by the GOOD PLAN philosophy.

> See you all on the wide track MAFAM'S!

> Charlie

Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by Brent » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:15:55

> Why is is that everytime the subject of Linux comes up in an
> office, about 25 middle aged fat asses fly into the conversation
> to profess the advocacy of using Windows powered boxes.

> Windows boxes are so easy to install.  I tried to install Linux
> and it was SOO DIFFICULT!  Every PC crashes, so why pick the OS
> which is hardest to install!  Oh my!

> They are so concerned about install and setup they forgot the
> REASON this BECAME IMPORTANT!  It BECAME IMPORTANT BECAUSE,,,,
> MIDDDLE AGGGED FATTTASS MAN ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME HERE,,,,
> IT BECAME IMPORTANT BECAUSE WINDOWS IS AN UNRELIABLE PEICE
> OF SHIT OPERATING SYSTEM WHICH ISN'T CAPABLE OF UPTIMES EXCEEDING
> A WEEK!  IT'S THE *ING OPERATING SYSTEM WHICH HAS MADE THIS
> RE-INSTALLATION ISSUE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO YOU!

> The next concern MIDDLE AGED FAT ASS MAN has is that Linux
> doesn't have Microsoft Office.  MAFAM can't use a computer unless
> it has his favorite!  MAFAM, use Star Office or Gnome or KDE office.
> Use Evolution!    Do not rely on MAFAM products from Micro-crash anymore.

> There must be a device which uses centrifical force or some other means
> which will transfer MAFAM's brain from this lower extremeties back
> up to his cranium where it belongs.

> MAFAM also has this terrible difficulty in understanding why it's important
> to know LINUX is ready for business when you refer to the largest
> super computer clusters being built from Linux.  MAFAM thinks that's
> GEEK BRAINS STUFF and that doesn't APPLY TO MAFAM WORLD!

> Nothing in MAFAM's world needs to have GEEK BRAINS stuff as long as
> you have a GOOD PLAN!

> MAFAM lives by the GOOD PLAN philosophy.

> See you all on the wide track MAFAM'S!

> Charlie

I've never noticed the phenomenon. Mostly 'middle-aged fat asses' just
sit around talking about sports or something.

I wondered if Linus put a comment in the source code about 'middle-age
fat asses' that was deemed offensive.

Scenario:
#define "some header file"

/* What's funny is that I'm purposefully including this function just so
that 'middle-aged fat-asses' can't install easily! Because if there's
one thing I can't stand, it's 'middle-age fat-asses' - Linus */

void Anti_Fat_Ass (int& weight, int& Age)
{
        if ((weight >= fat) && (Age >= Middle))
                fubar_install();

Quote:}

Sounds like a potential Oliver Stone movie if you ask me, which I'm sure
you won't.

--
Happy Trails!

-Brent

http://www.veryComputer.com/

Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by Charlie Ebe » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:18:30

>No offense, Charlie, but you're starting to scare me a little.
>The large numbers of separate posts with links and no
>comment.... on another day, ranting... all caps...
>and now 'MAFAM's?

I read all posts despite what you might think.

The internet and especially newsgroups are not scary.
I am not scary.

You can just as easily NOT read me messages as you can
just as easily BUD list me on your local computer.

I do not feel compelled to adopt to your philosophy of
life and I personally have not called you a middle
aged fat ass man.

Now that covers posting with type.

And I see you have a problem with me posting without type.

* OFF!!!

I think it about covers it.

Go home to mommy and just * OFF.

Thanks

Charlie

Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by Brent » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 12:46:32

> >No offense, Charlie, but you're starting to scare me a little.
> >The large numbers of separate posts with links and no
> >comment.... on another day, ranting... all caps...
> >and now 'MAFAM's?

> I read all posts despite what you might think.

> The internet and especially newsgroups are not scary.
> I am not scary.

> You can just as easily NOT read me messages as you can
> just as easily BUD list me on your local computer.

> I do not feel compelled to adopt to your philosophy of
> life and I personally have not called you a middle
> aged fat ass man.

> Now that covers posting with type.

> And I see you have a problem with me posting without type.

> * OFF!!!

> I think it about covers it.

> Go home to mommy and just * OFF.

> Thanks

> Charlie

It's called decaf man, you should give it a try, along with
anger-management counseling and LOTS of medication.

--
Happy Trails!

-Brent

http://www.veryComputer.com/

Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by Tim Hanso » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 15:37:32

> Why is is that everytime the subject of Linux comes up in an
> office, about 25 middle aged fat asses fly into the conversation
> to profess the advocacy of using Windows powered boxes.

You threaten office gurudom.  Every MAFAM who is otherwise unproductive
because he surfs the net all day at his desk is redeemed because he
knows how to Unlock Windows, do Mail Merges, install a new printer, and
all those dopey things the totally clueless ask him to do.  By
mentioning Linux you threaten his hegemony as office computer guru.

Quote:> Windows boxes are so easy to install.  I tried to install Linux
> and it was SOO DIFFICULT!  Every PC crashes, so why pick the OS
> which is hardest to install!  Oh my!

He's just repeating what he heard on the Win2000 website last night.  As
to the reality?  He doesn't have a clue.  Humor him.

Quote:> They are so concerned about install and setup they forgot the
> REASON this BECAME IMPORTANT!  It BECAME IMPORTANT BECAUSE,,,,
> MIDDDLE AGGGED FATTTASS MAN ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME HERE,,,,
> IT BECAME IMPORTANT BECAUSE WINDOWS IS AN UNRELIABLE PEICE
> OF SHIT OPERATING SYSTEM WHICH ISN'T CAPABLE OF UPTIMES EXCEEDING
> A WEEK!  IT'S THE *ING OPERATING SYSTEM WHICH HAS MADE THIS
> RE-INSTALLATION ISSUE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO YOU!

> The next concern MIDDLE AGED FAT ASS MAN has is that Linux
> doesn't have Microsoft Office.  MAFAM can't use a computer unless
> it has his favorite!  MAFAM, use Star Office or Gnome or KDE office.
> Use Evolution!    Do not rely on MAFAM products from Micro-crash anymore.

It's taken him two years just to learn this piece of junk.  You're
taking his reason to come to work every day.

Quote:> There must be a device which uses centrifical force or some other means
> which will transfer MAFAM's brain from this lower extremeties back
> up to his cranium where it belongs.

Good luck.  It moved down there during the Windows 3.1 rollout and
hasn't been heard from since.

Quote:> MAFAM also has this terrible difficulty in understanding why it's important
> to know LINUX is ready for business when you refer to the largest
> super computer clusters being built from Linux.  MAFAM thinks that's
> GEEK BRAINS STUFF and that doesn't APPLY TO MAFAM WORLD!

He doesn't care.  His only business is monkey business, and has been for
years.

Quote:> Nothing in MAFAM's world needs to have GEEK BRAINS stuff as long as

--
What is worth doing is worth the trouble of asking somebody to do.

Middle Aged Fat Asses

Post by Charlie Ebe » Tue, 13 Mar 2001 21:44:11

>> Why is is that everytime the subject of Linux comes up in an
>> office, about 25 middle aged fat asses fly into the conversation
>> to profess the advocacy of using Windows powered boxes.

>You threaten office gurudom.  Every MAFAM who is otherwise unproductive
>because he surfs the net all day at his desk is redeemed because he
>knows how to Unlock Windows, do Mail Merges, install a new printer, and
>all those dopey things the totally clueless ask him to do.  By
>mentioning Linux you threaten his hegemony as office computer guru.

>> Windows boxes are so easy to install.  I tried to install Linux
>> and it was SOO DIFFICULT!  Every PC crashes, so why pick the OS
>> which is hardest to install!  Oh my!

>He's just repeating what he heard on the Win2000 website last night.  As
>to the reality?  He doesn't have a clue.  Humor him.

>> They are so concerned about install and setup they forgot the
>> REASON this BECAME IMPORTANT!  It BECAME IMPORTANT BECAUSE,,,,
>> MIDDDLE AGGGED FATTTASS MAN ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME HERE,,,,
>> IT BECAME IMPORTANT BECAUSE WINDOWS IS AN UNRELIABLE PEICE
>> OF SHIT OPERATING SYSTEM WHICH ISN'T CAPABLE OF UPTIMES EXCEEDING
>> A WEEK!  IT'S THE *ING OPERATING SYSTEM WHICH HAS MADE THIS
>> RE-INSTALLATION ISSUE EXTREMELY IMPORTANT TO YOU!

>> The next concern MIDDLE AGED FAT ASS MAN has is that Linux
>> doesn't have Microsoft Office.  MAFAM can't use a computer unless
>> it has his favorite!  MAFAM, use Star Office or Gnome or KDE office.
>> Use Evolution!    Do not rely on MAFAM products from Micro-crash anymore.

>It's taken him two years just to learn this piece of junk.  You're
>taking his reason to come to work every day.

>> There must be a device which uses centrifical force or some other means
>> which will transfer MAFAM's brain from this lower extremeties back
>> up to his cranium where it belongs.

>Good luck.  It moved down there during the Windows 3.1 rollout and
>hasn't been heard from since.

>> MAFAM also has this terrible difficulty in understanding why it's important
>> to know LINUX is ready for business when you refer to the largest
>> super computer clusters being built from Linux.  MAFAM thinks that's
>> GEEK BRAINS STUFF and that doesn't APPLY TO MAFAM WORLD!

>He doesn't care.  His only business is monkey business, and has been for
>years.

>> Nothing in MAFAM's world needs to have GEEK BRAINS stuff as long as
>> you have a GOOD PLAN!

>> MAFAM lives by the GOOD PLAN philosophy.

>> See you all on the wide track MAFAM'S!

>> Charlie

>--
>What is worth doing is worth the trouble of asking somebody to do.

MAFAM is indeed unskilled labor.

So those of you who think your MAFAM yet using Linux were indeed wrong.
MAFAM is definitely WINTROLL ONLY, so quit turning yourselves into me.

Thanks for your honesty however.

Charlie

1. Passwd Aging - What determines "age"??

I have a question regarding password aging (specifically, with HPUX 9.05).
When aging is enabled, what "time base" is looked at to decide how much time
has gone by?  That is, if aging is set to, say, 2 weeks...what decides that two
weeks have gone by?  The date stamp of the passwd file?  The "salt" of the
encrypted password string in the passwd file?  Something else?  I've been
RTFM'ing but haven't found a reference!

---

"I like work; it fascinates me; I can sit and look at it for hours!"

2. Nonstandard /proc? (Re: /proc directory, dosemu, and boot questions)

3. 12-bit FAT or 16-bit FAT for Mtools?

4. hpt374 / BUG();

5. Poor fat people are fat...because they EAT TOO MUCH

6. signal fault in critical section

7. The Table PC will simply kick ASS

8. Intel V2740 AGP and Red Hat linux 5.1 ???

9. LINUX Kicking my ASS

10. Geeeeez debian kicks ass

11. X Kicks 95's ass, but I need a little help

12. Win95 is a bloody pain in th ass(after I installed linux)!!

13. austria -ass-holes