Flatfish's career as an AIX admin: the story of a wanker.

Post by Edward Roste » Tue, 29 Jan 2002 03:52:52

> So, there you have it:  Flatfish really WAS an AIX admin.

This makes it more believable!

-Ed

--

/d{def}def/f{/Times findfont s scalefont setfont}d/s{10}d/r{roll}d f 5/m
{moveto}d -1 r 230 350 m 0 1 179{1 index show 88 rotate 4 mul 0 rmoveto}

Post by GreyClou » Tue, 29 Jan 2002 08:27:15

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 00:09:36 -0500, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

>>FlatGary was a real loser.  His dad owned this one company that had a
>>bunch of AIX boxes.  So, he hired Gary Jr. to admin some of his boxes.
>>I should also point out that Gary Sr. had a bunch of Bill Gates posters.

>>One day, Flatfish's dad heard this repetitive flubbing noise.  It was
>>about 1 Hz in frequency.  It had the muffled sound of someone whacking
>>the donkey.  Flatfish Sr. thought, "sure, my son is a damned loser, but
>>surely he's not a *er!".  Just to be sure, Flatfish Sr. opened up the
>>door, and said:

>>GARRRRRRRRRRYYYYYYYY!!!! (Sob sob sob!)

> Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a *er.

Not as good as getting a good woman tho.

Flatfish's career as an AIX admin: the story of a wanker.

Post by freefa » Tue, 29 Jan 2002 12:14:44

[Mildly disgusting father and son story snipped]

Ever considered you may be suffering from some mild form of mental
illness or dementia?  Isolation will only aggravate your condition.
You should perhaps consider that the above was generated by your mind
and says much more about your worldview rather than that of the
intended target.

Or perhaps you've just been reading too many Stephen King novels.

Post by GreyClou » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 06:58:07

> On Sun, 27 Jan 2002 23:27:15 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

>>> Hey, there's nothing wrong with being a *er.

>>Not as good as getting a good woman tho.

> But then you might get STDs or you might get her pregnant, then you're in
> trouble.

Not me.  I look around for those that had histerectomies... can't get em
pregnant then.

Post by Blip » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 07:06:57

--

> [Mildly disgusting father and son story snipped]
<snip>
> Or perhaps you've just been reading too many Stephen King novels.

That could explain the AIX reference ;-)

-Blip!

Post by Jerry Na » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 08:35:48

>> Or you could just sterilise yourself with some radiation and various *.

>Or, you could just put on a *.  I'm dying to hear what people in
>the UK call these.  Probably boot, or something like that.

Don't know about people in the UK, but drsquare calls them
shot glasses.

Post by Paolo Ciambott » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 11:52:41

>> So, there you have it:  Flatfish really WAS an AIX admin.

> This makes it more believable!

> -Ed

I haven't seen any evidence that flatty could admin anything more complex
than an analog wristwatch.  And he'd need help with the watch.

Flatfish's career as an AIX admin: the story of a wanker.

Post by Terry Port » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 14:49:37

On Mon, 28 Jan 2002 19:52:41 -0700, Paolo Ciambotti in article

Quote:>I haven't seen any evidence that flatty could admin anything more complex
>than an analog wristwatch.  And he'd need help with the watch.

Flatty would even need some "timely instruction" with that!

Terry
--
                 _
               .' `.              Free Micro Burner
               |a_a|   http://w3w.arafuraconnect.com.au/~tp/burn.html
  Debian       \ V /
  2.2.20      /(   )\      Linux Registration Number: 103931
             |\`> < /\           http://counter.li.org
             \_|=='|_/
* OSS is long-term credible ... FUD tactics can not be used to combat it.

Post by GreyClou » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 16:11:17

>> Or you could just sterilise yourself with some radiation and various
>> *.

> Or, you could just put on a *.  I'm dying to hear what people in
> the UK call these.  Probably boot, or something like that.

I'd love to hear Robin Williams versions of these. :-))

Like 'put a sock over your puppet'.

1. flatfish is a wanker.

I can't explain it, and I didn't believe it, until I tried it last
night.

My MP3s really do sound marginally better with XMMS, and they
certainly don't skip as much (in fact not at all so far).

Not only that, but I now have an MP3 alarm clock to wake me up in the
mornings with a random MP3.

2. Where is the xtank for linux?

3. Is a career in AIX Unix a good career move?

4. 3c515

5. dosemu 0.52

6. admin user can't admin non-admin groups

7. windows 98 , ftp and linux

8. Admin - How do I change the parameter 'MAXAGE' for AIX v4.x

9. Unix Admin/ Career Position/ Exceptional Opp/ ILL

10. SOLARIS/Admin/Career Position/ILL

11. CAREER: Admin experience

12. What are the Stages in a Sys Admin Career?