1. comp.sys.mac.misc comp.sys.mac.system comp.sys.mac.apps
We're looking for input on a decent Mac with ethernet to Unix file transfer
utility. At present we're using the gatorbox, but the Appletalk speed is
clearly unsuited for our pruposes, that is transferring large sounds files
from the Mac to our Unix servers. We have some Macs with Ethernet Cards,
and have tried uShare and InterCon's Mac NFS. A quick summary of these two:
uShare runs on the Sun 4, and fires up some atp daemons that allow the Macs
on Ethernet to mount Unix disks. However, it seems pretty buggy, prone to
crash and isn't all that easy to configure or use. But it's just one piece
of costly software that runs on the Sun.
Mac NFS lives on the mac, takes a bit of configuring to get running, but once
in place it seems to work. However, it's over $200/pop, and that could get
pretty pricey, given the number of Mac at our site.
Does anybody have any experience with these products or their competitors?
this is YOUR CHANCE to contribute your wisdom for the good of all. Your
responses are very much appreciated.
2. Redhat 8 incorrectly sets hostname
3. Windoze 95 ( Want a Mac Interface..?..get a Mac)
4. Adding serial ports 3 and 4
5. Multiple MACs from same Interface OR MAC/VLAN NATting
6. Best/Latest POP daemon?
7. Windoze 95 ( Want a Mac Interface..?..get a Mac.)
8. Append string to each line if it matches a pattern
9. Windoze 95 ( Want a Mac Interface..?..get a Mac...!)
10. getting interface mac address
11. How do I mount a Mac volume or export a partition to a Mac?
12. MAC OS 9, MAC OS X and linuxppc 2000
13. Mac/Unix shell needed (no, I dont have a mac...)