Colatroll Advicory: Facedancer the anti-Linux poster exposed

Colatroll Advicory: Facedancer the anti-Linux poster exposed

Post by Terry Por.. » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 05:02:02

What a supprise ;-)

21 Apr 2002 04:47:38 -0700 # 0 file: 10774

3 Apr 2002 04:28:20 -0800 # 1 file: 1276

26 Apr 2002 06:06:32 -0700 # 2 file: 13280

Mon, 01 Apr 2002 12:00:25 GMT # 3 file: 302

--
              Kind Regards from Terry
My Desktop is powered by GNU/LinuX, Sorcerer kernel 2.4.17

Post by Mark Ken » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 08:49:07

--
            |  Mark Kent   --   Take out the ham to mail me.  |
Life is to you a dashing and bold adventure.

Post by wjbel » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 17:31:43

> >>What a supprise ;-)

> >>21 Apr 2002 04:47:38 -0700 # 0 file: 10774

> >>3 Apr 2002 04:28:20 -0800 # 1 file: 1276

> >>26 Apr 2002 06:06:32 -0700 # 2 file: 13280

> >>Mon, 01 Apr 2002 12:00:25 GMT # 3 file: 302

> > How in the world can you claim that based upon what you posted above?

> > I think you left something out of the message, or maybe you're just
> > ignorant, or both.

> There is something missing from the message, the criteria used to
> search his archives. But that's quite OK. Since Mark Bilk says Terry
> is an expert at this stuff, he doesn't have to back his claims up
> with any proof.

An expert!?  HAHAHA  From what I've seem of porter in this group he
just posts guesswork that's usually wrong and all you lap it up like a
bunch of faithful followers.  The fact is, it's complete nonsense.  He
probably does a whios or a dig -x but beyond that he's lost.

Post by wjbel » Sun, 28 Apr 2002 19:02:37

> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:55:11 -0500, The TROLL's next target is wjbell:

> >> An expert!?  HAHAHA  From what I've seem of porter in this group he
> >> just posts guesswork that's usually wrong and all you lap it up like a
> >> bunch of faithful followers.  The fact is, it's complete nonsense.  He
> >> probably does a whios or a dig -x but beyond that he's lost.

> You're obviously talking about your pitiful Porter impersonation

Believe me, I wouldn't want to impersonate anyone in here, ESPECIALLY
porter.

Quote:> ....So
> basically you are saying that you "just post guesswork that's usually
> wrong and you lap it up like a braindead follower.  The fact is, you are
> complete nonsense.  You certainly wouldn't have a clue as to what whois or
> dig -x is, and you are always lost." -- to paraphase your words into
> something truthful.

Uh huh.....

Quote:

> The real Terry Porter, OTOH, is an expert with Linux.

Haha, not from what I've seen in here.  Most real linux users have
forgotton more than he'll ever know....

Post by Peter K?hlman » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 01:46:18

> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 17:06:52 -0500, The TROLL

>>On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:35:04 -0500, The TROLL's next target is SubZero:

>>> SPLORF!

>>> You're just kidding around, right Spicerun?

>>Based on what I dug up on Google Groups, with just one of the few links
>>listed here:

>>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=pan.2002.03.04.11.56.00...

>>I'd venture to say that Terry is more of an expert than you are on Linux.
>>(BTW:  Nice Work by KillDarren in the above link).  Terry is definitely
>>more of an expert on Linux than his impersonator.

> Are you kidding?

> Just a couple of months ago he was asking how to use
> grep...............

Are you kidding?
That SubZero (IQ that is) has never made any worthwile contribution to
linux.advocacy.
Terry, on the other hand...

Peter
--
Microsoft's Guide To System Design:
        The greatest productivity aid since typhoid.

Colatroll Advicory: Facedancer the anti-Linux poster exposed

Post by Terry Por.. » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 04:36:27

The TROLL threw some tea leaves on the floor and this is what

> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 10:55:11 -0500, The TROLL's next target is
> wjbell:

>>> An expert!?  HAHAHA From what I've seem of porter in this
>>> group he just posts guesswork that's usually wrong and all
>>> you lap it up like a bunch of faithful followers.  The fact
>>> is, it's complete nonsense.  He probably does a whios or a
>>> dig -x but beyond that he's lost.

> You're obviously talking about your pitiful Porter
> impersonation....So basically you are saying that you "just
> post guesswork that's usually wrong and you lap it up like a
> braindead follower.  The fact is, you are complete nonsense.
> You certainly wouldn't have a clue as to what whois or dig -x
> is, and you are always lost." -- to paraphase your words into
> something truthful.

Bell is a clueless anti-Linux spammer.

Quote:> The real Terry Porter, OTOH, is an expert with Linux.

Ouch, no I'm not, I'm an ex DOS/Windows user who started using
Linux full time for the desktop in August 1997 in order to use
the cool Linux tools that existed for my business of embedded
design.

I've learnt a lot in that time, written a few Linux apps, (see
sig), but many here have far more Linux knowledge than I.

Many also lack some of the knowledge I have, but I lack some of
the knowledge they have as Linux is a *huge* field.

P.S. Those people don't include flathead, goodwin, bell,
ubertroll etc.

--
              Kind Regards from Terry
My Desktop is powered by GNU/LinuX, Sorcerer kernel 2.4.17
Free Micro burner: http://w3w.arafuraconnect.com.au/~tp/burn.html
 ** Linux Registration Number: 103931,  http://counter.li.org **

Colatroll Advicory: Facedancer the anti-Linux poster exposed

Post by Terry Por.. » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 04:44:13

Peter K?hlmann threw some tea leaves on the floor and this is

>>>I'd venture to say that Terry is more of an expert than you
>>>are on Linux.  (BTW:  Nice Work by KillDarren in the above
>>>link).  Terry is definitely more of an expert on Linux than
>>>his impersonator.

>> Are you kidding?

>> Just a couple of months ago he was asking how to use
>> grep...............

There are many ways to use grep, and many questions an inquiring
mind would ask regarding its use and application.

Why doesnt flathead post the evidence of his claim here, for us
all to see ?

Its all on Google, unlike flathead I don't hide my posts incase theyre
used against me.

Quote:

> Are you kidding?  That SubZero (IQ that is) has never made any
> worthwile contribution to linux.advocacy.  Terry, on the other
> hand...

:) Thanks Pete.

--
              Kind Regards from Terry
My Desktop is powered by GNU/LinuX, Sorcerer kernel 2.4.17
Free Micro burner: http://w3w.arafuraconnect.com.au/~tp/burn.html
 ** Linux Registration Number: 103931,  http://counter.li.org **

Colatroll Advicory: Facedancer the anti-Linux poster exposed

Post by Peter K?hlman » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 08:50:36

< nothing >

You are wrong. As usual

Peter
--
99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

Post by Peter K?hlman » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 17:21:51

>> < nothing >

>> You are wrong. As usual

> No she's not. She's dead nuts accurate and you know it. I know you know
> it, because unlike Porter, you've got a brain and aren't afraid to use
> it.

Nope, Flatliner is totally wrong.
Even if Terry makes a mistake now and then (and who does not?)
he is a polite poster who is actually using linux doing his normal day to
day chores, he needs it to do his job.
Based on what he posted he think he is a decent, honest person.
All this is something the bottomfeeder still would have to prove.
So, if I should ever take flatfish any serious it is after he/she/it stops
posting this font-crap, this linux can't do this - linux can't do that
crap. And removes the X-No-Archive. And has a valid, reachable email addy.
Then I *might* consider taking flatty as a person.
Until then, he/she/it is just full of it. Anything posted by flatty is
automatically invalid, even if true, which it mostly is not

Peter
--
No trees were destroyed in the sending of this message, however, a
significant number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Post by Terry Por.. » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 10:32:09

The TROLL threw some tea leaves on the floor

> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:35:04 -0500, The TROLL's next target is SubZero:

>>> The real Terry Porter, OTOH, is an expert with Linux.

>> SPLORF!

>> You're just kidding around, right Spicerun?

> Based on what I dug up on Google Groups, with just one of the few links
> listed here:

> http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=pan.2002.03.04.11.56.00.

60550.16602%40killfile.com&rnum=5&prev=/groups%3Fq%3DSubzero%2BAdvocacy
%26hl%3Den

Quote:

> I'd venture to say that Terry is more of an expert than you are on Linux.
> (BTW:  Nice Work by KillDarren in the above link).  Terry is definitely
> more of an expert on Linux than his impersonator.

:)

Quote:

> I guess I should say congrats for finding my satirical alter-ego identity,
> although since it was an obvious 'joke' and I didn't do anything to really
> mask my identity....So, I'm not that impressed that you can read headers.
> You did notice the X-No-Archive:No in the headers didn't you?  You
> probably thought I did that by mistake...

Naturally I just used "Colatroll" when I searched for your identity a
while back and got a result like this:-

Start time is: 12 : 56 : 1

Searching_for:   -- The Troll --
Newsreader search criteria 1: User-Agent: Pan/0.11.90 (Unix)
Org search criteria 1: Organization: http://extra.newsguy.com

| Yes I'm now running, if you don't believe me check your CPU usage !

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:34:25 -0500 # 0 file: 10842

Sun, 21 Apr 2002 10:43:42 -0500 # 1 file: 10843

Mon, 22 Apr 2002 12:55:56 -0500 # 2 file: 11439

Wed, 24 Apr 2002 09:52:51 -0500 # 3 file: 12370

** FINISHED **

Finish time is: 12 : 59 : 14

Quote:

> My question is still, can the Trolls stand being trolled?

Judging by the way they spit the dummy when hassled, I doubt it :)

--
              Kind Regards from Terry
My Desktop is powered by GNU/LinuX, Sorcerer kernel 2.4.17
Free Micro burner: http://w3w.arafuraconnect.com.au/~tp/burn.html
 ** Linux Registration Number: 103931,  http://counter.li.org **

Colatroll Advicory: Facedancer the anti-Linux poster exposed

Post by mjt » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:18:22

[snip]

Quote:> Based on what I dug up on Google Groups, with just one of the few links

one word:  www.makeashorterlink.com/

--
+==================================
+==================================

Post by Terry Por.. » Mon, 29 Apr 2002 22:57:39

Peter K?hlmann threw some tea leaves on the floor and this is

>>> < nothing >

>>> You are wrong. As usual

>> No she's not. She's dead nuts accurate and you know it. I know
>> you know

                 ^^^ He! flathead is a *he*!

Quote:>> it, because unlike Porter, you've got a brain and aren't
>> afraid to use it.

> Nope, Flatliner is totally wrong.  Even if Terry makes a
> mistake now and then (and who does not?) he is a polite poster
> who is actually using linux doing his normal day to day chores,
> he needs it to do his job.  Based on what he posted he think
> he is a decent, honest person.  All this is something the
> bottomfeeder still would have to prove.  So, if I should ever
> take flatfish any serious it is after he/she/it stops posting
> this font-crap, this linux can't do this - linux can't do that
> crap. And removes the X-No-Archive. And has a valid, reachable
> email addy.  Then I *might* consider taking flatty as a person.
> Until then, he/she/it is just full of it. Anything posted by
> flatty is automatically invalid, even if true, which it mostly
> is not

Thanks Pete. Flathead is the most consistantly *anti* Linux
poster I have ever seen on usenet.

To me he is wrong until proven right.

--

Post by Donn Mille » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 10:21:38

> An expert!?  HAHAHA  From what I've seem of porter in this group he
> just posts guesswork that's usually wrong and all you lap it up like a
> bunch of faithful followers.  The fact is, it's complete nonsense.  He
> probably does a whios or a dig -x but beyond that he's lost.

Don't forget about "host" and "nslookup".  Er, you did know about those,
didn't you?  What about traceroute?  Those 3 aforementioned commands are
standard on FreeBSD.  Of course, since you're Mr. FreeBSD Expert, I took
it for granted that you knew this already.

Colatroll Advicory: Facedancer the anti-Linux poster exposed

Post by rapska » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 13:40:18

Error Log for Sat, 27 Apr 2002 23:07:16 +0000: segfault in module
"flatfish+++" - dump details are as follows...

> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 17:06:52 -0500, The TROLL

>>On Sat, 27 Apr 2002 14:35:04 -0500, The TROLL's next target is SubZero:

>>> SPLORF!

>>> You're just kidding around, right Spicerun?

>>Based on what I dug up on Google Groups, with just one of the few links
>>listed here:

>>http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&threadm=pan.2002.03.04.11.56.00...

>>I'd venture to say that Terry is more of an expert than you are on
>>Linux. (BTW:  Nice Work by KillDarren in the above link).  Terry is
>>definitely more of an expert on Linux than his impersonator.

> Are you kidding?

> Just a couple of months ago he was asking how to use grep...............

> Then of course we have his famous "telnet How-to" where he describes how
> he manages all of his clients using telnet.

> Even the Linonuts had to clue him in on the security risks of doing
> such,

> This from a yo-yo who has been using Linux since 1997?

> Porter is an idiot, who asks idiotic questions over and over again and
> when he tries to post something technical he looks like an ass every
> time.

> Maybe Porter has baffled you, but I've been here just as along as he
> has, and I know the guy is an idiot.

> You don't have to take my word for it, just go and do the research.

> flatfish+++

I don't think you are being fair.  Unlike Windows, in Linux there are many
many ways to accomplish pretty much the same task.

In this, noone can become an expert on every aspect of doing something,
and this applies to pretty much anything in life.

Just because a person may not be particularly versed in a certain way of
accomplishing a task using a certain tool in Linux does not mean that they
are in any way incompetant.

You may know something that I don't about Linux and probably do, and then
I probably know some things that you don't as well.  This doesn't make
either of us idiots, it just means we still have a lot to learn and always
will.

That said, I don't think that there is such a thing as a Linux "expert",
and anyone that claims to be has missed the whole point.

--
rapskat  -  7:30am  up 4 days, 17:14,  4 users,  load average: 0.17, 0.10, 0.08
drop the hot to mail me

A poet is born, not made. -- Anonymous

Post by Donn Mille » Tue, 30 Apr 2002 14:10:42

> It's already been done.

> In fact I used to have it as part of my sig at one time.

> Sop wasting my time.

Heh.  Since you're so smart, how come you keep saying *like "Linux
fonts look like shit" when Linux is a kernel, and even then, stuff like
fonts have nothing to do with Linux, but pertain rather to XFree86?
When KDE crashes, you say "Linux is unstable".  Wow.  Apparently, you've
shown that you don't know the differences between a kernel, windowing
system, window manager, and desktop environment.  Yet you slam on
someone who asks questions about grep.

How many times have YOU used grep?  From what I gather about your posts,
you're hopelessly lost without KDE and GNOME's GUI hand-holding toys.
In fact, YOU'VE NEVER USED A COMMAND-LINE TOOL IN YOUR LIFE.  I'll bet
you need and require KDE just to look at "file properties" (how you
would put it).

So stop making fun of Mr. Porter.  Oh, and it's MR. Porter to you, sir.
Show some respect for once.

http://www.veryComputer.com/ - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!