MS vs Texas Dept of Justice

MS vs Texas Dept of Justice

Post by jyny » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 11:20:32



http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2002/0415.license.html

So, USA justice let Microsoft off the unlawful monopoly rap, but MS isn't
returning any favours.  It wants $$$$$ out of Texas DoJ for any PCs it
can't show licences for.
Actually, I don't think this is about money at all.  It is about showing
who is the boss (and it is not the US government).  MS really think they
are above the law.

Peter

 
 
 

MS vs Texas Dept of Justice

Post by LShapin » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 15:17:39



>http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2002/0415.license.html
>So, USA justice let Microsoft off the unlawful monopoly rap, but MS isn't
>returning any favours.  It wants $$$$$ out of Texas DoJ for any PCs it
>can't show licences for.
>Actually, I don't think this is about money at all.  It is about showing
>who is the boss (and it is not the US government).  MS really think they
>are above the law.
>Peter

That feeling was explicitly expressed by Microsoft executive Steve
Ballmer when he plainly said "No court will stop us from innovating."
Recently, Steve Ballmer said Microsoft will just have to pull Windows
from the market [if things do not go Microsoft's Way].  Microsoft is
oozing contempt for the courts which are Microsoft's foundation (think
copyright/contract law).  
LShaping

--
The keyboard keys Microsoft never told you about.
http://home.satx.rr.com/lfolder/index.html
A very nice picture of Alex Pavloff's mom and dad.  
http://home.satx.rr.com/lfolder/Pavloffs.jpg

 
 
 

MS vs Texas Dept of Justice

Post by Craig Kelle » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 17:35:11



> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> So, USA justice let Microsoft off the unlawful monopoly rap, but MS isn't
> returning any favours.  It wants $$$$$ out of Texas DoJ for any PCs it
> can't show licences for.
> Actually, I don't think this is about money at all.  It is about showing
> who is the boss (and it is not the US government).  MS really think they
> are above the law.

Or [boggle] could it [boggle] possibly be [boggle], that GW Bush and
Bill Gates aren't [boggle] best friends that are [boggle] looking out
for eachother?

No... There *must* be a * here!....?

--

protected from being read by the DMCA and all other WIPO treaty nations.

 
 
 

MS vs Texas Dept of Justice

Post by GreyClou » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 19:19:54




> >http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2002/0415.license.html
> >So, USA justice let Microsoft off the unlawful monopoly rap, but MS isn't
> >returning any favours.  It wants $$$$$ out of Texas DoJ for any PCs it
> >can't show licences for.
> >Actually, I don't think this is about money at all.  It is about showing
> >who is the boss (and it is not the US government).  MS really think they
> >are above the law.
> >Peter

> That feeling was explicitly expressed by Microsoft executive Steve
> Ballmer when he plainly said "No court will stop us from innovating."
> Recently, Steve Ballmer said Microsoft will just have to pull Windows
> from the market [if things do not go Microsoft's Way].  Microsoft is
> oozing contempt for the courts which are Microsoft's foundation (think
> copyright/contract law).
> LShaping

I'd love to see windows yanked from the market place.
 
 
 

MS vs Texas Dept of Justice

Post by Goldenp » Fri, 19 Apr 2002 21:58:27



Quote:

> http://www.linuxworld.com/site-stories/2002/0415.license.html

> So, USA justice let Microsoft off the unlawful monopoly rap, but MS isn't
> returning any favours.  It wants $$$$$ out of Texas DoJ for any PCs it
> can't show licences for.
> Actually, I don't think this is about money at all.  It is about showing
> who is the boss (and it is not the US government).  MS really think they
> are above the law.

> Peter

Microsoft has done this to the texas DOJ in the middle of an antitrust case?
Unfortunatly its non monopoly-related, so not much good.

Im sure a few thousand old PCs were bined somewhere. Those licences might
still be valid.

 
 
 

MS vs Texas Dept of Justice

Post by Paolo Ciambott » Sat, 20 Apr 2002 05:37:22



> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> So, USA justice let Microsoft off the unlawful monopoly rap, but MS
> isn't returning any favours.  It wants $$$$$ out of Texas DoJ for any
> PCs it can't show licences for.

Oh come on, Texas is collectively stupid.  That state is a gimme, a
freebie, for any company that wants to rush in and bilk the state or local
yokels out of a few megabucks.  Typical Microsoft, they're not being
innovative at all with Texas; it's been done before - better.  I wonder
how long it'll take Ellison to find a way to*Texas like he just
screwed the land of fruits and nuts?