Trampoline firm jumps to Linux, techTarget.com

Trampoline firm jumps to Linux, techTarget.com

Post by Daero » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 00:44:09

Newsgroups: alt.os.windows-xp

The Wrong Choice: After picking NT, *oline firm leaps to Linux

By Amy Kucharik, SearchEnterpriseLinux.com Assistant Editor
06 Jun 2003, SearchEnterpriseLinux.com

http://www.veryComputer.com/,289142,...

Three years ago, U.K.-based Super * *olines bought a
proprietary application and chose to run it on Microsoft Windows NT
4.0. Both the application and the platform quickly maxed out. So the
company took a "safe" route by upgrading to Windows 2000 Server. Soon,
the truth hit home: Super * had made the wrong choice, twice.

Trampoline firm jumps to Linux, techTarget.com

Post by flatfish++ » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 04:24:47

What happened?

Did you run out of shillings to feed the internet cafe computer with?

Post by Daero » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 20:43:31

> Newsgroups: alt.os.windows-xp

> The Wrong Choice: After picking NT, *oline firm leaps to Linux

> By Amy Kucharik, SearchEnterpriseLinux.com Assistant Editor
> 06 Jun 2003, SearchEnterpriseLinux.com

> http://www.veryComputer.com/,289142,...

> Three years ago, U.K.-based Super * *olines bought a
> proprietary application and chose to run it on Microsoft Windows NT
> 4.0. Both the application and the platform quickly maxed out. So the
> company took a "safe" route by upgrading to Windows 2000 Server. Soon,
> the truth hit home: Super * had made the wrong choice, twice.

 > Subject: Re:you're a week behind and posting articles that have been
posted several times already.

 > Newsgroups: comp.os.linux.advocacy

 > Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2003 02:24:47 GMT

 > What happened?

 > Did you run out of shillings to feed the internet cafe computer with?
-------

Unlike you I have to go and work for a living. Unlike yourself, I don't
get to live on disability benefit.
Unlike you I don't have the  luxury of queuing up for my next methadone
shot up my backside.

ps: You would be the one ignorant *er to pick up on changing the
subject line.
You sad ignorant old dried up sterile old man who has nothing better to
do with his time than hang round UseNet.
Pathetic *ER.

Post by flatfish++ » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 22:44:58

> Unlike you I have to go and work for a living. Unlike yourself, I don't
> get to live on disability benefit.
> Unlike you I don't have the  luxury of queuing up for my next methadone
> shot up my backside.

> ps: You would be the one ignorant *er to pick up on changing the
> subject line.
> You sad ignorant old dried up sterile old man who has nothing better to
> do with his time than hang round UseNet.
> Pathetic *ER.

And unlike YOU I don't have the time to collect x-no-archive posts and put
them on my personal server.
Nor do I have the time to fish the net looking for propaganda articles to
boost an operating system.

Seems like it is YOU that has a lot of time on your hands.

Now feed another coin into that internet cafe computer dumeron because you
are running short on credits.

flatfish+++

P.S I took the archive bit off just to save you a little time.
Wasn't that nice of me?

Post by Daero » Sun, 15 Jun 2003 23:08:29

>>Unlike you I have to go and work for a living. Unlike yourself, I don't
>>get to live on disability benefit.
>>Unlike you I don't have the  luxury of queuing up for my next methadone
>>shot up my backside.
>>ps: You would be the one ignorant *er to pick up on changing the
>>subject line.
>>You sad ignorant old dried up sterile old man who has nothing better to
>>do with his time than hang round UseNet.
>>Pathetic *ER.
> And unlike YOU I don't have the time to collect x-no-archive posts and put
> them on my personal server.
> Nor do I have the time to fish the net looking for propaganda articles to
> boost an operating system.
> Seems like it is YOU that has a lot of time on your hands.
> Now feed another coin into that internet cafe computer dumeron because you
> are running short on credits.
> flatfish+++
> P.S I took the archive bit off just to save you a little time.
> Wasn't that nice of me?

how about taking up this hobby flattie ?
---

http://www.veryComputer.com/
Ananova:
Telephone sex script writer wins book award

A man who writes scripts for telephone sex operators has won a new
national book award in Brazil.

Santiago Nazarian, 25, has won the first Conrado Wessel literature prize
and will see his book Oblivious published.

Nazarian told Estado de Sao Paulo newspaper that his former job was an
influence on his book which features the words '*' and '*' in
the first paragraph.

Nazarian has also worked in a nightclub, where one floor was exclusive
for couples who wanted to have sex, and has taken part in
self-* performances.

He said: "I've always liked this kind of stuff, pain is not something
that bothers me. I don't plan to stop writing the sex scripts, I write
15 per week. I don't intend to make a living out of writing books."
-------
http://www.veryComputer.com/
---

ps: I thought you'de stuck to your google personas to abuse people fron
now on ?

What's the matter couldn't make corky shut up, couldn't we ?

ps: you're still the * bastard it's ever been my misfortune to come
across on the Internet. Ever !
___

yagidya yagidya yagidiyaa yaa ....
-------

Post by flatfish++ » Mon, 16 Jun 2003 04:27:11

> how about taking up this hobby flattie ?

Why?

Quote:> ps: you're still the * bastard it's ever been my misfortune to come
> across on the Internet. Ever !
> ___

> yagidya yagidya yagidiyaa yaa ....
> -------

And you are without a doubt one of the STRANGEST!

1. The Wrong Choice: After picking NT, Trampoline firm leaps to Linux

http://searchenterpriselinux.techtarget.com/originalContent/0,289142,...

 By Amy Kucharik, SearchEnterpriseLinux.com Assistant Editor
06 Jun 2003, SearchEnterpriseLinux.com

Three years ago, U.K.-based Super Tramp Trampolines bought a proprietary
application and chose to run it on Microsoft Windows NT 4.0. Both the
application and the platform quickly maxed out. So the company took a
"safe" route by upgrading to Windows 2000 Server. Soon, the truth hit
home: Super Tramp had made the wrong choice, twice.

Timmis' plan was to pull out everything proprietary and give Super Tramp
greater stability with a Linux-based network. "There certainly was some
obvious concern," he said, because he needed to be certain all the
necessary applications would be available on Linux. Timmis embarked on a
three-month research project.

2. Help with keyboard map in X (XFree86)

3. Vesa Local Bus SCSI adapter

4. Polish Linux firms ask SCO to stop 'unfair practices', theAGE.com.au

5. ldconfig - can't unlink /usr/X11R6/lib and other X problems...

6. Linux vs. Windows (A response to techtarget.net)

7. Virus problem

8. java/43949: Port java/jump should install jump.jar in shared jars dir

9. $$ Domain sale: meetLINUX.com,LinuxCares.com, softwares4linux.com And more $$

10. How to do com ? com : com in unix...

11. $$ Domain sale: meetLINUX.com,LinuxCares.com, softwares4linux.com And more $$

12. jlg058@home.com, tlg62@home.com, egglectric@home.com