0.24%? Linux rules and rocks while Windows sucks

0.24%? Linux rules and rocks while Windows sucks

Post by mjcr » Wed, 30 Jan 2002 02:33:08

As of late we have been treated to a barage of invalid, unsupportable, and
just plain fantasy statistics, by the Windows supporters how are
tresspassing in COLA. They have all been posted for the same reason, to
discredit Linux.  It is time now for a reality check with some real
statistics generated by an impartial method.

These statistics are published as the Operating System Sucks-Rules-O-Meter
you can find it here: http://www.veryComputer.com/

It presents that fact that *positive* comments about Linux exist on-line
in a 8065:1319 ratio while, *negative* comments about Windows exist in a
8530:361 ratio.

Restating this as the percentage of positive comments about these two
operating systems: 86% of comments about Linux are positive about it while
only 4% of comments about all versions of Windows are positive about it.

Within the population that is used to generate those statistics Linux is
prefered 21.5 times more than Windows.

--
I run Linux, no *y RedHat, Debian, Slackware, or Corel, just Linux.
May all that you wish upon me and mine be visited upon you ten fold.

Post by Kenneth Down » Thu, 31 Jan 2002 19:47:25

> As of late we have been treated to a barage of invalid, unsupportable, and
> just plain fantasy statistics, by the Windows supporters how are
> tresspassing in COLA. They have all been posted for the same reason, to
> discredit Linux.  It is time now for a reality check with some real
> statistics generated by an impartial method.

> These statistics are published as the Operating System Sucks-Rules-O-Meter
> you can find it here: http://srom.zgp.org/

> It presents that fact that *positive* comments about Linux exist on-line
> in a 8065:1319 ratio while, *negative* comments about Windows exist in a
> 8530:361 ratio.

> Restating this as the percentage of positive comments about these two
> operating systems: 86% of comments about Linux are positive about it while
> only 4% of comments about all versions of Windows are positive about it.

> Within the population that is used to generate those statistics Linux is
> prefered 21.5 times more than Windows.

MJ: Thanks for going to the effort.  Too often we let the trespassers get
away with promoting their faulty numbers.

What, no hijackers?  No Trolls?  Nobody has an answer for this?

Ken

After 13,000+ hours of tube-time in front of Win, I have opened
a new source for my OS and app needs.

Post by Mark Ke » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 02:04:19

>> As of late we have been treated to a barage of invalid, unsupportable, and
>> just plain fantasy statistics, by the Windows supporters how are
>> tresspassing in COLA. They have all been posted for the same reason, to
>> discredit Linux.  It is time now for a reality check with some real
>> statistics generated by an impartial method.

>> These statistics are published as the Operating System Sucks-Rules-O-Meter
>> you can find it here: http://srom.zgp.org/

>> It presents that fact that *positive* comments about Linux exist on-line
>> in a 8065:1319 ratio while, *negative* comments about Windows exist in a
>> 8530:361 ratio.

>> Restating this as the percentage of positive comments about these two
>> operating systems: 86% of comments about Linux are positive about it while
>> only 4% of comments about all versions of Windows are positive about it.

>> Within the population that is used to generate those statistics Linux is
>> prefered 21.5 times more than Windows.

>MJ: Thanks for going to the effort.  Too often we let the trespassers get
>away with promoting their faulty numbers.

>What, no hijackers?  No Trolls?  Nobody has an answer for this?

That's because there is no answer.  Faced with some irrefutable proof,
our Microsoft funded friends have run far, far away.

Incidentally, this suggests that in spite of the herculean efforts of
the trolls here, they're not even coming /remotely/ close to affecting
the real body of documented opinion on the net by posting all the
FUD that they do.  Wonder just how much that depresses them?

--
Mark Kent
                                               Take out the ham to mail me.

Post by mjcr » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 03:08:04

>> As of late we have been treated to a barage of invalid, unsupportable,
>> and just plain fantasy statistics, by the Windows supporters how are
>> tresspassing in COLA. They have all been posted for the same reason, to
>> discredit Linux.  It is time now for a reality check with some real
>> statistics generated by an impartial method.

>> These statistics are published as the Operating System
>> Sucks-Rules-O-Meter you can find it here: http://www.veryComputer.com/

>> It presents that fact that *positive* comments about Linux exist
>> on-line in a 8065:1319 ratio while, *negative* comments about Windows
>> exist in a 8530:361 ratio.

>> Restating this as the percentage of positive comments about these two
>> operating systems: 86% of comments about Linux are positive about it
>> while only 4% of comments about all versions of Windows are positive
>> about it.

>> Within the population that is used to generate those statistics Linux
>> is prefered 21.5 times more than Windows.

> MJ: Thanks for going to the effort.  Too often we let the trespassers
> get away with promoting their faulty numbers.

Welcome

Quote:> What, no hijackers?  No Trolls?  Nobody has an answer for this?

Their silence is so lound!

--

Post by Paolo Ciambott » Fri, 01 Feb 2002 04:54:11

>> As of late we have been treated to a barage of invalid, unsupportable,
>> and just plain fantasy statistics, by the Windows supporters how are
>> tresspassing in COLA. They have all been posted for the same reason, to
>> discredit Linux.  It is time now for a reality check with some real
>> statistics generated by an impartial method.

>> These statistics are published as the Operating System
>> Sucks-Rules-O-Meter you can find it here: http://srom.zgp.org/

That bar-graph on their homepage pretty much says it all.  If you haven't
seen it, you should take a look.

Post by Tim Palme » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 05:30:11

>>> As of late we have been treated to a barage of invalid, unsupportable,
>>> and just plain fantasy statistics, by the Windows supporters how are
>>> tresspassing in COLA. They have all been posted for the same reason, to
>>> discredit Linux.  It is time now for a reality check with some real
>>> statistics generated by an impartial method.

>>> These statistics are published as the Operating System
>>> Sucks-Rules-O-Meter you can find it here: http://srom.zgp.org/

>That bar-graph on their homepage pretty much says it all.  If you haven't
>seen it, you should take a look.

Its only becuz Lienyux nut's are ubsessed abot Lienux and alwase half to say "Windo's suks!!" Windos bairly neads diffence beczue everybdy noes its the best!

0.24%? Linux rules and rocks while Windows sucks

Post by Linon » Fri, 15 Feb 2002 05:55:30

After takin' a swig o' grog, Tim Palmer belched out this bit o' wisdom:

Quote:> Its only becuz Lienyux nut's are ubsessed abot Lienux and alwase half to say "Windo's suks!!" Windos bairly neads diffence beczue everybdy noes its the best!

Bill Gates whined "Make it like the Maaaaaac!"

By the way, that pseudo-hacker spelling is best used in encoding
obscenities, d1kHeD!

Post by GreyClou » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 08:24:37

>>That bar-graph on their homepage pretty much says it all.  If you haven't
>>seen it, you should take a look.

> Its only becuz Lienyux nut's are ubsessed abot Lienux and alwase half to
> say "Windo's suks!!" Windos bairly neads diffence beczue everybdy noes its
> the best!

Yep!  Best pile of steaming excrement I ever saw.

0.24%? Linux rules and rocks while Windows sucks

Post by mjcr » Sat, 16 Feb 2002 22:30:38

on Thu, 14 Feb 2002 at 03:30 GMT,

>>That bar-graph on their homepage pretty much says it all.  If you haven't
>>seen it, you should take a look.

> Its only becuz Lienyux nut's are ubsessed abot Lienux and alwase half to
> say "Windo's suks!!" Windos bairly neads diffence beczue everybdy noes its
> the best!

Have you even looked at the source data of the stats?  You will see that
Linux and Windows are the two major mindshare operating systems based on the
on-line comments.  No wonder shills like you are posting scared.

--
I run Linux, no *y RedHat, Debian, Slackware, or Corel, just Linux.
May all that you wish upon me and mine be visited upon you ten fold.

0.24%? Linux rules and rocks while Windows sucks

Post by T. Max Devli » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 02:28:08

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, I heard mjcr say:

>on Thu, 14 Feb 2002 at 03:30 GMT,

   [...]
>Have you even looked at the source data of the stats?  [...]

You lame moron.  It's Tim Palmer.  Guffaw.

--
T. Max Devlin
  *** The best way to convince another is

0.24%? Linux rules and rocks while Windows sucks

Post by mjcr » Thu, 21 Feb 2002 01:17:33

on Wed, 20 Feb 2002 at 00:28 GMT,

> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, I heard mjcr say:

>>on Thu, 14 Feb 2002 at 03:30 GMT,

>    [...]
>>Have you even looked at the source data of the stats?  [...]

> You lame moron.  It's Tim Palmer.  Guffaw.

Added to the list.

Your use of the "Using apparent idiocy as and excuse for disinformation"
trespasser disinformation tactic is noted.

--

Post by T. Max Devli » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 04:03:56

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, I heard mjcr say:

>on Wed, 20 Feb 2002 at 00:28 GMT,

>> In comp.os.linux.advocacy, I heard mjcr say:

>>>on Thu, 14 Feb 2002 at 03:30 GMT,

>>    [...]
>>>Have you even looked at the source data of the stats?  [...]

>> You lame moron.  It's Tim Palmer.  Guffaw.

>Added to the list.

Roger, meet morrie.  Morrie; Roger.

Quote:>Your use of the "Using apparent idiocy as and excuse for disinformation"
>trespasser disinformation tactic is noted.

You become more ludicrous every day.  One would think you'd want to reverse
that trend sooner or later.

--

Post by Tim Palme » Fri, 22 Feb 2002 05:40:04

>>> As of late we have been treated to a barage of invalid, unsupportable,
>>> and just plain fantasy statistics, by the Windows supporters how are
>>> tresspassing in COLA. They have all been posted for the same reason, to
>>> discredit Linux.  It is time now for a reality check with some real
>>> statistics generated by an impartial method.

>>> These statistics are published as the Operating System
>>> Sucks-Rules-O-Meter you can find it here: http://srom.zgp.org/

>That bar-graph on their homepage pretty much says it all.  If you haven't
>seen it, you should take a look.

--
Tim Palmer
Systems Enginer

Date: 20 Feb 2002 22:39:59 -0500

Hoo neads DATA! Data is for LINux GEEX hoo dittal around with text fials and recompial thair karnle and right on clipbords all the time!

Quote:

Post by GreyClou » Sat, 23 Feb 2002 00:52:50

> Hoo neads DATA! Data is for LINux GEEX hoo dittal around with text fials and recompial thair karnle and right on clipbords all the time!

> >--
> >I run Linux, no *y RedHat, Debian, Slackware, or Corel, just Linux.
> >May all that you wish upon me and mine be visited upon you ten fold.

> --
> Tim Palmer
> Sewage Plant Operator

1. Operating System Sucks-Rules-O-Meter - Linux Rules,Rocks

See
http://srom.zgp.org/
Updated Wed Oct 2 08:04:19 2002 GMT.

Sucks:Rules,Rocks over time
http://home.earthlink.net/~mrob/pub/data.html#os_stats

              19980720           20000512      hitgrowth
Windows  1298:185 = 7.0:1   4225:514 = 8.2:1    3.2
Linux     205:952 = 1:4.6   470:2903 = 1:6.2    2.9
MacOS      40:364 = 1:9.1      48:80 = 1:1.7    0.32
FreeBSD     3:78  = 1:26       7:598 = 1:85     7.5
Unix      228:278 = 1:1.2   160:332  =   1:2.1  1.0
VMS        21:39  = 1:1.9    24:50   =   1:2.1  1.2

            20021002         hitgrowth since 20000512
Windows  2807:608 = 4.62:1     0.72
Linux    1472:7065= 1:4.8      2.53
MacOS     222:71  = 3.1:1      2.28
MacOSX     32:95  = 1:3
FreeBSD    23:603 = 1:26.2     1.03
Unix      469:1956= 1:4.17     4.93
VMS         0:284 = out

Even with all the asistance of the wintrolls
**** Linux ROCKS more than Windows SUCKS ****

David Mohring - And "Unix" goes from strength to strength.

2. I found bios32.h It is in the wrong place for me can I just move it?

3. LINUX ROCKS AND WINDOWS SUCKS

4. AT1700 setup problem...

5. Sawmill 0.24 window resize not working

6. How to reset console display

7. X-windows sucks..sucks...sucks!!!!

8. Linux instalation

9. LINUX AND NETBSD SUCKS ROCKS!!!

10. Help make it 0.24% plus 1

11. It's 4%, not 0.24% or 1%

12. BlackMail 0.24: Anti-Spam Mailer Proxy

13. KLocate 0.24 and 0.24.2 available