Win95 Shared Installation

Post by Michael Kondrato » Sat, 14 Jun 1997 04:00:00

Hllo,
        Is it possible to use Linux Server to boot Win95 Clients(no hard drive,
only floppy) over the network. I know it is possible with WIndows NT server
or Netware. I hope I can do the same with Linux. (costs alot less :)

1. Samba and Win95 shared installation

        Has anyone been able to get Win95 to use Linux+Samba to act as a
server for a shared installation (ie, one where clients boot from a
floppy only system and start up Win95 from the Linux server)? If so,
please tell me how to do it! Using MS Client 3.0, I can get around the
real mode TCP/IP problem, but then I can't seem to get past SETMDIR on
the boot floppy.

--
---
Ed Schlunder

url:    http://earthvision.asu.edu/~edward/

2. Barebone B&W G3?

3. getting win95 shares on win95 machines to map with a login script with samba and win95

4. 10GB disk and LILO - I tried EVERYTHING!

5. can't see Win95 shares through Linux to Win95 network

6. dumb newbie question, sorry :)

7. SAMBA & Win95 files sharing

8. Continued: Use *sed* to do this "REPLACEMENT"

9. Win95 Sharing via Linux PPP link?

10. Share harddisk among Win95, Solarix 2.5.1

11. Linux/Win95 Sharing Dynamic PPP connection?

12. Can't see Win95-shares with smbmountc

13. ??: Samba and Mounting Win95 Shares?