Damn, Edonkey is pretty cool...

Post by Donn Mille » Sun, 23 Jun 2002 07:50:21

...and it hardly uses any BW at all, compare to Gnutella.

http://users.aber.ac.uk/tpm01/guihome.html

Damn, Edonkey is pretty cool...

Post by Marc Geerling » Sun, 23 Jun 2002 15:05:34

> ...and it hardly uses any BW at all, compare to Gnutella.

> http://users.aber.ac.uk/tpm01/guihome.html

Did you try giFT? It is a open fastrack clone (like
morpheus,kazaa,grokster). Search for it on freshmeat it is really great!

Regards Marc Geerlings

Damn, Edonkey is pretty cool...

Post by Johan Lindquis » Mon, 24 Jun 2002 19:39:10

Sat, 22 Jun 2002 at 15:05 GMT, peering quizzically at his shoes,

Quote:> Did you try giFT? It is a open fastrack clone (like
> morpheus,kazaa,grokster). Search for it on freshmeat it is really
> great!

How did you persuade it to actually compile? I happily installed
it with gentoo, but I'd prefer to have the server part on
the, well, server, as it were. However, both the tarball from
sourceforge and the one that gentoo uses produces an error when
running the configure script ("syntax error near unexpected token
`AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE(giFT,'").

Seems I'm missing some other stuff as well, running aclocal tells
me "macro 'AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library". Sigh. Give me rpm
dependancies any day rather than this crap. :)

I'd appreciate it if anyone with a clue had a hint for me. Since it's
getting rather off topic, perhaps an email would be appropriate..

tia.

--
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.      Perth ---> *
  7:30pm  up 4 days, 20:48,  2 users,  load average: 2.66, 1.58, 1.45

Damn, Edonkey is pretty cool...

Post by Johan Lindquis » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 12:10:26

Sun, 23 Jun 2002 at 19:39 GMT, peering quizzically at his shoes,

> Sat, 22 Jun 2002 at 15:05 GMT, peering quizzically at his shoes,

>> Did you try giFT? It is a open fastrack clone (like
>> morpheus,kazaa,grokster). Search for it on freshmeat it is really
>> great!

<snip "gift won't compile, waaaah, I want my mommy">

Quote:> Seems I'm missing some other stuff as well, running aclocal tells
> me "macro 'AM_PATH_GTK' not found in library". Sigh. Give me rpm
> dependancies any day rather than this crap. :)

Turns out it was an rpm dependancy. *grin* Re-installed glib-devel
and gtk+-devel which I had previously cleaned out in a splurge of "I
don't need it, so it goes away". Now, as to why an application with
a serious lack of a gui would need a gtk-macro to automake, I do not
know. Developers work in mysterious ways?

Sorry about the interruption, we now return you to the usual
flame^Wnicey-nicey-place that is cola.

--
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.      Perth ---> *
 11:57am  up 5 days, 13:15,  3 users,  load average: 2.37, 2.99, 2.37

Damn, Edonkey is pretty cool...

Post by Donn Mille » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:00:57

>>...and it hardly uses any BW at all, compare to Gnutella.

>>http://users.aber.ac.uk/tpm01/guihome.html
> Did you try giFT? It is a open fastrack clone (like
> morpheus,kazaa,grokster). Search for it on freshmeat it is really great!

It was marked as "broken" in the FreeBSD ports collection.  I think
E-donkey might be very fast-track like.

Damn, Edonkey is pretty cool...

Post by Johan Lindquis » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 13:49:09

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 at 13:00 GMT, peering quizzically at his shoes,

>> Did you try giFT? It is a open fastrack clone (like morpheus,
>> kazaa, grokster). Search for it on freshmeat it is really great!

> It was marked as "broken" in the FreeBSD ports collection. I think
> E-donkey might be very fast-track like.

Edonkey doesn't come with a cli for easy ssh access tho.. Start the
server thingy nohup, start some downloads with giFT-shell, log out.

Too bad there are so many illegal things being shared, it's so hard
finding all the legal content which you're really after with these
things. Shyeah..

--
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.      Perth ---> *
  1:37pm  up  1:10,  4 users,  load average: 0.34, 0.74, 0.77
$ cat /dev/bollocks                      Registered Linux user #261729

Damn, Edonkey is pretty cool...

Post by Mike » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 18:28:33

Quote:> Edonkey doesn't come with a cli for easy ssh access tho.. Start the
> server thingy nohup, start some downloads with giFT-shell, log out.

Well the core itself provides CLI, if you start it without the "- !" to
put it into remote-control mode.   It's not all that pretty though, and
I wouldn't mind an ncurses front-end in addition to the GUI.
--
Mike.  /* remove "-spam" to mail me */

Damn, Edonkey is pretty cool...

Post by Johan Lindquis » Tue, 25 Jun 2002 20:29:05

Mon, 24 Jun 2002 at 18:28 GMT, peering quizzically at his shoes,

>> Edonkey doesn't come with a cli for easy ssh access tho.. Start the
>> server thingy nohup, start some downloads with giFT-shell, log out.

> Well the core itself provides CLI, if you start it without the "- !"
> to put it into remote-control mode.

Perhaps I should look before I speak. ;)

Quote:> It's not all that pretty though, and wouldn't mind an ncurses
> Ifront-end in addition to the GUI.

giFT does have such a front end tho, as you may be aware. Works nice
too, but I haven't figured out how to tell it to download more than
one file at a time.

--
Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.      Perth ---> *
  8:25pm  up  7:59,  2 users,  load average: 0.26, 0.23, 0.23

1. edonkey - Connection-Tool ?hnlich wie edonkey-Bot

Hallo Leute,
ich suche nen Programmiererkollegen mit dem ich ein ?hnliches Projekt wie
den edonkey-Bot fr windows realisieren kann. Es soll erstmal nur eine
Autoconnect-funktion ausfhren damit man nicht immer zu den kleinen servern
connected wird. Also einen Filter, dass er Server >1000 User nicht mehr beim
connecten beachtet oder wieder disconnected.

Meldet euch bitte, vielleicht werden wir auch ein bisschen berhmt, wie
pb33-Pascal (Entwickler von edonkeyBot) schreibt eine Newsgroupkopie an

katmando.toumazou

2. benchmarking network speeds

3. steve chaney is pretty damn stupid

4. I/O error in Sendmail log

5. Pretty damn fancy Mandrake stuff

6. RedHat 7.2 problems (init level 1, X11 lock-up)

7. Need PAP dialup help pretty damn soon

8. Zmodem

9. Funky LAN Weirdness (pretty cool, actually)

10. digital is pretty cool...

11. Pretty cool eh?

12. FTP Slow to Connect - And I am pretty sure my reverse DNS is working

13. DAMN: Why am I getting the message over and over again?