support scanner vendors that support Linux

support scanner vendors that support Linux

Post by Eric Wilhel » Wed, 02 Apr 2003 16:28:32

Who are they?  I have been looking at the Sane supported lists and I don't
see any vendors who don't make some scanner that isn't working.  I looked
at HP's page and could not find anything linking scanners to Linux.

I would like to find a scanner with an automatic document feeder which is
well supported BY THE VENDOR under Linux.  I'm not looking for anything
super-cheap, but I won't be using it enough and don't have room for
anything on the really high-end.  Somewhere around 200-500 seems fair.

I have a Visioneer (read: junk) which I bought in the week that I used
WindowsME (a week of all-around bad decisions).  But the vendor seems
oblivious to Linux and I have lost all of my leverage with them by giving
them money.

Thanks,
Eric

Post by ray » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 02:00:52

> Who are they?  I have been looking at the Sane supported lists and I don't
> see any vendors who don't make some scanner that isn't working.  I looked
> at HP's page and could not find anything linking scanners to Linux.

> I would like to find a scanner with an automatic document feeder which is
> well supported BY THE VENDOR under Linux.  I'm not looking for anything
> super-cheap, but I won't be using it enough and don't have room for
> anything on the really high-end.  Somewhere around 200-500 seems fair.

> I have a Visioneer (read: junk) which I bought in the week that I used
> WindowsME (a week of all-around bad decisions).  But the vendor seems
> oblivious to Linux and I have lost all of my leverage with them by giving
> them money.

> Thanks,
> Eric

I do. I bought an Epson. I also downloaded iscan from their web site.

Post by Rick » Thu, 03 Apr 2003 05:20:25

> Who are they?  I have been looking at the Sane supported lists and I
> don't see any vendors who don't make some scanner that isn't working.  I
> looked at HP's page and could not find anything linking scanners to
> Linux.

> I would like to find a scanner with an automatic document feeder which
> is well supported BY THE VENDOR under Linux.  I'm not looking for
> anything super-cheap, but I won't be using it enough and don't have room
> for anything on the really high-end.  Somewhere around 200-500 seems
> fair.

> I have a Visioneer (read: junk) which I bought in the week that I used
> WindowsME (a week of all-around bad decisions).  But the vendor seems
> oblivious to Linux and I have lost all of my leverage with them by
> giving them money.

> Thanks,
> Eric

Check Epson. They have put out Image Scan, but Im not sure which of their
scanners it supports.

--
Rick

1. ocr linux scanner: ocr support for linux scanners?

 I'm looking for a scanner/OCR combination for linux.

I don't want to spend a bundle.
http://www.buzzard.org.uk/jonathan/scanners-usb.html

I know that vividata ocr shop can be used with linux.
http://www.vividata.com/scanshop.html

But the scanners they support seem only to be high end, and most of
them I can't even find prices for. (maybe they are out of date).

Does anyone have experiences with running ocr shop on linux? Are there
any open source ocr attempts? rj

--

Technical Writer
Austin, TX 78758

Sent via Deja.com
http://www.deja.com/

2. you are scum

3. Mustek 600II scsi scanner - supported in Linux or any application in Linux / X windows?

4. Translate "Macintosh Write" to some usable form

5. Ask this vendor for Linux support

6. Is there a dynamic WWW security script?

7. Notebook vendor support for Linux?

8. list files in order of mtime, when all created at same time

9. Linux "vendor" support

10. Any good hardware vendor Linux support?

11. ATTENTION LINUX SUPPORT VENDORS

12. UMAX 1220U flatbed scanner linux support?

13. DOES LINUX SUPPORT ANY SCANNER DEVICES