Linux comes to cell phones!

Post by Steve Barkt » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 10:52:20

http://www.wirelesssoftware.info/show1news.php/842.html

 This is no longer speculation anymore, no longer just a rumor! It is
a fact. Several manufacturers, including NEC, are preparing cellphones
based on Linux and first Linux phones are expected to come out yet in
2003.

Linux comes to cell phones!

Post by sqr » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:29:50

Hey Steve Farktoes

Please stop your killing me!!!

Bwahahahaha!!!!!.......hand me a tissue, I can not see!!!!!
Bwahahahaha!!!!!

Oh by the way * OFF.

--
Sqr
Overseer: alt.os.windows-xp

Quote:> http://www.veryComputer.com/

>  This is no longer speculation anymore, no longer just a rumor! It is
> a fact. Several manufacturers, including NEC, are preparing cellphones
> based on Linux and first Linux phones are expected to come out yet in
> 2003.

Linux comes to cell phones!

Post by Peter K?hlman » Mon, 13 Jan 2003 19:51:18

< snip drivel >
end
--
begin  LOVE-LETTER-FOR-YOU.TXT.VBS
I am an email virus. ILOVEYOU. Download me

Linux comes to cell phones!

Post by Lin?nu » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 03:33:30

While watching the eternal hourglass, sqr assayed this pronouncement:

Quote:> Please stop your killing me!!!
> Bwahahahaha!!!!!.......hand me a tissue, I can not see!!!!!
> Bwahahahaha!!!!!

You don't believe Linux can be embedded in a phone nowadays?

Linux comes to cell phones!

Post by Mart van de Weg » Tue, 14 Jan 2003 12:15:02

> >http://www.veryComputer.com/

> > This is no longer speculation anymore, no longer just a rumor! It is
> >a fact. Several manufacturers, including NEC, are preparing cellphones
> >based on Linux and first Linux phones are expected to come out yet in
> >2003.

> Where have I heard that name b4?

In your 'Sent' folder in Agent?

Notice that the 'Barkto' posts come through an Optimum Online news
server in New York?

*And* you profess to be a former OS/2 user, so you should be familiar
 with the 'Barkto Incident.'

*And* you are well known to switch IDs to troll.

I say it is you.

Mart

--
"It is not funny that a man should be killed,
but it is sometimes funny that he should be killed for so little,

Linux comes to cell phones!

Post by Alex » Wed, 15 Jan 2003 03:06:02

> >While watching the eternal hourglass, sqr assayed this pronouncement:

> >> Please stop your killing me!!!
> >> Bwahahahaha!!!!!.......hand me a tissue, I can not see!!!!!
> >> Bwahahahaha!!!!!

> >You don't believe Linux can be embedded in a phone nowadays?

> Sure it can, but it will set back user friendliness of Cell phones 10
> years.

> I'll bet the keypad is in Octal.

Wake up man....any system can be embeded anywhere....everything can be
re-designed...
Just for the fun of it...i've seen linux running on a 386 and controlling
lignts, a toaster, a coffee machine, and a microwave oven (by radio).

Ok i admit it ...the guy who did that SHOULD get a life....but it works

Linux comes to cell phones!

Post by The Ghost In The Machin » Thu, 16 Jan 2003 16:51:44

 wrote
on Mon, 13 Jan 2003 03:28:14 GMT

>>While watching the eternal hourglass, sqr assayed this pronouncement:

>>> Please stop your killing me!!!
>>> Bwahahahaha!!!!!.......hand me a tissue, I can not see!!!!!
>>> Bwahahahaha!!!!!

>>You don't believe Linux can be embedded in a phone nowadays?

> Sure it can, but it will set back user friendliness of Cell phones 10
> years.

> I'll bet the keypad is in Octal.

Actually, there are two keys, 1 and 0.  The input of all data uses
Manchester encoding -- this includes the "OFF" command.

The output is a single green flashing LED.

:-)

--

It's still legal to go .sigless.

1. ANN: cell phone samsung sgh-e720 with linux experience

Here's what I managed to do ( not much ) with my Samsung SGH-E720 ,
a usb bluetooth dongle Trendnet TB-102UB and my mandriva 2006.

http://linux-is-sexy.blogspot.com/2006/01/samsung-sgh-e720-with-linux...

keywords : samsung sgh-e720 linux ubuntu mandriva bluetooth obex
file transfer kde-bluetooth gnome-bluetooth

2. Serial protocol analyzer?

3. Connecting w/Samsung A500 cell phone to laptop (LINUX)

4. error while trying to make lilo.conf work

5. reading a cell phone "sim card" from linux?

6. How to create a formatted timestamp and use it in filename in a script?

7. Linux and cell phone

8. Announcing: The Linux Quarterly CDROM

9. cell phone with digital camera compatible with linux

10. Linux on the cell phone...

11. Linux laptop<->cell phone<->internet connection.

12. source code for Linux Motorola A760 cell phone?