DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH LINUX!

Post by George Klemer » Mon, 12 May 2003 15:48:45

Quote:> So where is Linux on the desktop?
> The truth is Linux is nowhere.
> Linux may, and I am being generous here, may have 1 percent of the
> desktop market but that is stretching it quite a bit.

And Mac has 2 percent. Sounds like Mac is nowhere too.

Have you tried valium?   Just watch out for the black helicopters.

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH LINUX!

Post by Roodwri.. » Mon, 12 May 2003 19:06:26

That's a true statement, but not in the way you mean. I wasted lots of time
with Windows because of crashes--luckily never with viruses. With Linux I
don't have those problems. I also have programs that allow me to get my
work done easier.

So I'm not wasting my time with Linux at all.

I thank you for your support.

--Rod

--
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at

To reply by e-mail, take the extra "o" out of my e-mail address. It's to
confuse spambots, of course.

Post by Berni » Mon, 12 May 2003 21:52:19

>  The truth is Linux is nowhere.

True. You just set it up and forget about it. It just works and works. Does
need updates, virus scanning, disk defrag,  registry cleanup, etc., etc.,

Post by fishfr » Mon, 12 May 2003 23:40:46

Quote:> > So where is Linux on the desktop?
> > The truth is Linux is nowhere.
> > Linux may, and I am being generous here, may have 1 percent of the
> > desktop market but that is stretching it quite a bit.

> And Mac has 2 percent. Sounds like Mac is nowhere too.

> Have you tried valium?

The Valium, is that the code name for the next Pentium?

DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH LINUX!

Post by The Ghost In The Machin » Wed, 14 May 2003 05:28:53

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, George Klemerr

 wrote
on Sun, 11 May 2003 09:48:45 -0400

Quote:

>> So where is Linux on the desktop?
>> The truth is Linux is nowhere.
>> Linux may, and I am being generous here, may have 1 percent of the
>> desktop market but that is stretching it quite a bit.

> And Mac has 2 percent. Sounds like Mac is nowhere too.

> Have you tried valium?   Just watch out for the black helicopters.

Why, do they like valium too?

:-)

--

It's still legal to go .sigless.

1. Don't waste your time with Mandrake 9.1 Linux.

I've just wasted 2 days trying to get this pile of junk to work
properely and my opinion of Linux is pretty low at the moment.

I summerize below:

Mandrake has troubles dealing with NTFS partitions.
Konqueror just hangs solid when selecting the /mnt directory.

I can't get either mplayer nor xine to play proeperly without locking
up solid.

I have a Soundblaster Audigy and I can't get rear channels nor can I
play an mp3 while browsing without getting static in the audio.

Many of the websites I regularly visit do not work with Linux for some
reason.

I could go on and on for pages, but I will not because just one look
at Linux is all it takes for a person to go running back to Windows.

Windows is overpriced and that is true, but at least it works
correctly and doesn't suck like Linux does.

Shit, that's what Linux is...................

Pure SHIT..........

Nuveen Singh

2. ms mouse problems

3. DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME WITH LINUX!

4. Trouble with LILO (linux & msdos)

5. test, don't waste u'r time

6. libXt compiling problems with 3.2 libs

7. Don't waste your time unless you want to change your life

8. AOpen FM56-H Modem

9. IF IT DIDN'T WORK, WHY WOULD I WASTE MY TIME???

10. waste o' time

11. i'm an idiot and sorry for wasting your time

12. IF IT DIDN'T WORK, WHY WOULD I WASTE MY TIME???