GNU

Post by Zsoter Andr » Thu, 19 Jan 1995 14:59:41

Once I have posted this not completely Linux specific question and partially
my problem is solved.
I just want to know: If I want to "publish" a program written by me under
the GNU Public Licence do I have to register it with SFS or do any "legal"
action or all I have to do is to publish the program together with the
source code and declare that it is published under GNU licence?

(In other words does anyone else involved in the procedure or I myself can
decide alone that the my program will be GNU.)

Thanks in advance.

Andras

P.S.: Sorry for not being Linux related but this is the only newsgroup I
know about read by people who do write free software.

Andras

GNU

Post by Zsoter Andr » Fri, 20 Jan 1995 18:43:22

> Once I have posted this not completely Linux specific question and partially
> my problem is solved.
> I just want to know: If I want to "publish" a program written by me under
> the GNU Public Licence do I have to register it with SFS or do any "legal"
> action or all I have to do is to publish the program together with the
> source code and declare that it is published under GNU licence?

> (In other words does anyone else involved in the procedure or I myself can
> decide alone that the my program will be GNU.)

> Thanks in advance.

> Andras

> P.S.: Sorry for not being Linux related but this is the only newsgroup I
> know about read by people who do write free software.

> Andras

Thanks to everybody who answered my question.

Andras

1. gnu 3.0 won't work with gnu 2.96 libraries

I was building with GNU bundled on Red 7.3 distrubution (2.96).

Then I moved to Red Hat 8.0 GNU 3.0 and my shared libraries won't work
any more ( libgc.so.6).

Is there any way to tell the compiler to use my old libraries (2.96) since
it appears the stdio libraries have changed in a irreversible way?

thanks for all or any imput.

Javier.

2. Linux doesn't properly reboot

3. GNU GNU

4. Solaris global mutex on shared memory: problem

5. GNU bc and GNU dc version 1.03 released.

6. Difference between Solaris and SunOS?

7. WWW: Third Issue of the "Brave GNU World", the monthly GNU forum

8. DB2, AIX 4.3.3 and pinned shared memory

9. Compiling GNU C+ GNU 77

10. gnu emacs text editor and gnu bash shell for sco5

11. What is the "gnu" hosttype installing gnu-ware?

12. Shared libraries and GNU GCC using gas and gnu ld.

13. GNU bc 1.04 and GNU dc 1.1 released