ISP ?'s Linux vs NT

Post by Charles Bas » Mon, 10 Feb 1997 04:00:00

We are a large ISP in a major metro area currently running NT server 4.0
and are seriously thing of leaving the NT platform in favor of Linux as
we cannot get NT to stabilize for more than 6-12 hours under a heavy
load i.e. around 73+ users after a period of 1-2 hours the system
reboots. We would apprciate honest (No Hype) advice from other ISP's or
experieced Linux network users.

ISP ?'s Linux vs NT

Post by Carrer Yuri 341353/ » Tue, 11 Feb 1997 04:00:00

Quote:>We are a large ISP in a major metro area currently running NT server 4.0
>and are seriously thing of leaving the NT platform in favor of Linux as
>we cannot get NT to stabilize for more than 6-12 hours under a heavy

 You are not the first :)

Quote:>load i.e. around 73+ users after a period of 1-2 hours the system
>reboots. We would apprciate honest (No Hype) advice from other ISP's or
>experieced Linux network users.

 You can find many linux ISP administrator at:

--
   ol     Carrer Yuri   Pubblicita': usa \documentstyle{athenaslide}
   |--    Tel: 0421/211239 *new*     e non usare Power Point :-)

1. ISP ?'s Linux vs NT

We are a large ISP in a major metro area currently running NT server 4.0
and are seriously thing of leaving the NT platform in favor of Linux as
we cannot get NT to stabilize for more than 6-12 hours under a heavy
load i.e. around 73+ users after a period of 1-2 hours the system
reboots. We would apprciate honest (No Hype) advice from other ISP's or
experieced Linux network users.

2. Veritas vs. DiskSuite

3. Two video cards/Two monitors

4. Dual Processor MotherBoard

5. Microsoft Elite keyboard

6. Linux vs OS2 vs NT vs Win95 vs Multics vs PDP11 vs BSD geeks

7. Tonight on 'Linux Deathmatch' - hostname vs. FQDN vs. NT network

8. NT vs Linux as ISP

9. Linux Friendly ISP's (spc Free-ISP's)