I am looking for a simple answer - CompTIA, LPI or Red Hat Certification?

I am looking for a simple answer - CompTIA, LPI or Red Hat Certification?

Post by Chri » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:34:07

I have industry experience and a couple of certs under my belt for
non-Linux os's.  I agree with every techie, or should I say
knowledgeable techie, certs don't mean anything... Except to an
employer!!  So, should I take CompTIA Linux+, LPI (Linux Professional
Institute) or the Red Hat Certification (RHCT then RHCE)?  I live in
Canada and the availability for the Red Hat certs are limited but not
impossible...  What do you Think?

I am looking for a simple answer - CompTIA, LPI or Red Hat Certification?

Post by Robert Foste » Tue, 25 Feb 2003 19:44:09

Quote:> I have industry experience and a couple of certs under my belt for
> non-Linux os's.  I agree with every techie, or should I say
> knowledgeable techie, certs don't mean anything... Except to an
> employer!!  So, should I take CompTIA Linux+, LPI (Linux Professional
> Institute) or the Red Hat Certification (RHCT then RHCE)?  I live in
> Canada and the availability for the Red Hat certs are limited but not
> impossible...  What do you Think?

   Forget about CERTS, just publish some GPL stuff in a magazine.