AH HA HA HA! MS FIGHTS SPAM LAW!!!

Post by kd5ob » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:00:46

http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/03/02/25/2057236.shtml?tid=109&tid=111&ti...

--
Even before 9-11 happened, we had this.
http://slashdot.org/article.pl?sid=01/12/13/0249250&mode=thread&tid=172

Charlie

AH HA HA HA! MS FIGHTS SPAM LAW!!!

Post by Jeff » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:40:11

> http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/03/02/25/2057236.shtml?tid=109&tid=111&ti...

"An anonymous reader writes "According to the Seattle Times, Microsoft
(probably their MSN arm) is pushing for a change in at least Washington's
anti-spam law. Some analysts claim that the changes contain holes that
will allow Microsoft to be exempt from the law." Odd that Microsoft is
simultaneously trying to stop spam sent to Hotmail users, and to make sure
that it can send unsolicited commercial email without penalties."

One of the many reasons I fscking hate Winblows. Winblows has turned into a
solicitation platform and an intrusion into peoples homes!! Install
software fscking pees all over your desktop with AOL ads buy this buy
that, fscking spy-ware everywhere, viruses, pop-up ads, messenger ads. What
a fscking joke!

AH HA HA HA! MS FIGHTS SPAM LAW!!!

Post by Mark » Thu, 27 Feb 2003 08:59:23

>>http://yro.slashdot.org/yro/03/02/25/2057236.shtml?tid=109&tid=111&ti...

> "An anonymous reader writes "According to the Seattle Times, Microsoft
> (probably their MSN arm) is pushing for a change in at least Washington's
> anti-spam law. Some analysts claim that the changes contain holes that
> will allow Microsoft to be exempt from the law." Odd that Microsoft is
> simultaneously trying to stop spam sent to Hotmail users, and to make sure
> that it can send unsolicited commercial email without penalties."

> One of the many reasons I fscking hate Winblows. Winblows has turned into a
> solicitation platform and an intrusion into peoples homes!! Install
> software fscking pees all over your desktop with AOL ads buy this buy
> that, fscking spy-ware everywhere, viruses, pop-up ads, messenger ads. What
> a fscking joke!

Use OSS and freely 3rd party utils and those probs mostly disappear.

1. Microsoft suing Lindows!! HA HA HA HA!!!!

http://news.cnet.com/news/0-1003-200-8246647.html?tag=mn_hd

This has got to be the funniest thing I've ever seen!
Mighty Microsoft complaining about some small time
Linux company calling themselves Lindows trying to sell their own version of
Linux with Wine!

It's a very appropriate name though.

L I N U X
L I N D O W S
W I N D O W S

I can suggest an alternative.

L I N D O Z E

It's got the same sound as L I N D O W S
but two letters are different instead of just
one.

They can argue that L-I-N matches with Linux
no conflict there, and the "Z" isn't even
in the word "W-I-N-D-O-W-S" so the majority
of the letters, 4 letters out of 7,
aren't even derived from the the word WINDOWS
at all!

Ha ha ha! Let's see the Microsoft lawyers argue
over that one!
:-)

-----==  Over 80,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers!  ==-----

2. Awk record length limitation question

3. Maximum Linux Magazine Is Going Out Of Business Ha Ha Ha

4. 2.4.19pre7aa3

5. Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

6. Curing LIL_?

7. MORE HA HA HA (and it's no laughing matter)

9. ha ha ha

10. What's all this brew-ha-ha.....(ha-ha-ha....)

11. Ha, Ha...-j MIRROR

12. RedHat 4.2: No gcc or cc. Ha Ha, very funny...

13. are you XP-erienced? ha ha.