India's 'Poor-Friendly' Simputer Set for May Rollout

India's 'Poor-Friendly' Simputer Set for May Rollout

Post by Darre » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 17:37:35

So Linux XF can't be used by normal or techno-illiterate users, eh? I've
given several examples of how this is FUDge, and here is just one more.
This is what being a computer professional is all about - working for the
benefit and betterment of the community and the world.

Unless you're a person like Warren J. Bell, who is one of the WinTrolls
claiming that 'normal' or 'average' people can't use Linux.

http://www.ispworld.com/reuters/030602_gt4.htm

Quote:
"A low-cost handheld computer developed by seven Indian engineers to take
the Internet to rural masses will start rolling out in May, the head of a
firm pioneering the project said."

India's 'Poor-Friendly' Simputer Set for May Rollout

Post by widefis » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 20:31:31

go blow it out your ass

India's 'Poor-Friendly' Simputer Set for May Rollout

Post by Linonu » Sat, 09 Mar 2002 23:11:45

After takin' a swig o' grog, widefish belched out this bit o' wisdom:

Quote:> go blow it out your ass

That'll be enough of that!

Post by Road Menac » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 01:36:06

> go blow it out your ass

Just thought I would change the header for posterity.  :)

Post by Paolo Ciambott » Sun, 10 Mar 2002 05:01:56

> go blow it out your ass

Oh come on, give us a real argument.  And if you can't, just tell us you
can't.  Admit defeat.  Surrender with dignity.  Fall on your sword.  Eat
crow.  Beg for mercy.  Ask for a blindfold.  Kneel down on the white
sepuku linens and light the incense.

But instead all we get is "go blow it out your ass" as a response to a
really good advocacy post?

Eat shit and die, *.

Post by chris » Tue, 12 Mar 2002 17:53:19

>On Fri, 08 Mar 2002 18:31:31 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,

>>go blow it out your ass

>Already there...

Ignore the troll.

1. Scientific American review of 'Simputer' (Linux-based PDA from India)

Linux Devices reports:

This online article frm Scientific American magazine reviews the Simputer,
a Linux-based handheld device designed for rural villagers in the third world.
Fiona Harvey writes . . .

  "It doesn't look like much. A drab, gray piece of plastic, about five
  inches long and three inches wide. A black-and-white screen, three inches
  by two inches, showing a few simple snippets of text. And yet this
  nondescript little computer may hold the key to bringing information
  technology to Third World countries."

The full story is here, at Scientific American's website:

http://www.sciam.com/article.cfm?articleID=000454AE-7675-1D7E-90FB809...

-bill!

2. AIX Performance Tips Papers

3. What's up with 'User Friendly'?

4. Rebuilding KDE Menus?

5. Bash 'umask' builtin doesn't set 'x' permissions?

6. DEC vt320 --> linux boxen

7. dip says 'set HOSTNAME', but it's set

8. Diamond Stealth Problems ???

9. installing 'collect', 'analyze' tools without complete Compiler set

10. is the WindRiver 4.3 CD set 'stable' or 'current' ?

11. INDIA-GOA: Saturday 26.4 * Don't miss today's meeting

12. why can't I set 'rw' permissions to my msdos partition?

13. Any user friendly 'editor like' to edit/generate TERMCAP files ?