On MS website

Post by Yann-Ber Message » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

What are they speaking about ? BTW wich company is Linux
suposed to be ??

Another thing on another MS page (front page server side
support) :

        Linux 3.0.3
        (Red Hat Software)

Have I missed the release of Linux 3.0 ??? ;-)

----------
Fact #2: Contrary to the governments assertions, the integration of
Internet Explorer technologies into Windows
98 provides major benefits to consumers and
independent software developers.

          1.The Appeals Court decision clearly
          affirmed the fact that consumers do
          benefit directly from the
          integration of Internet technologies
          in the Windows operating system. The
          Appeals Court stated that, "Microsoft
          has clearly met the burden of ascribing
          *ly plausible benefits to its
          integrated design as compared to
          an operating system combined with a
          stand-alone browser such as Netscapes
          Navigator."
          2.It is public knowledge that Microsofts
          operating system competitors - including
          IBM, Sun, Linux -all offer similar Internet
                    ^^^^^
------------------------|
          functionality with their operating
          systems; clearly, these companies see
                                  ---------?
          the benefits of this technology for
          their operating system customers.
          3.The Internet Explorer technologies
          in Windows 98 provide key operating
          system functionality
          beyond Web browsing, such as an
          improved user interface, HTML-based
          "Help" features and support for multiple
          video monitors, which provide important
          benefits to consumers.
          4.Software developers see clear and
          important benefits from the integrated
          Internet technologies,
          because they use this functionality to
          enhance their own applications without
          having to write the code themselves.
          5.Computer manufacturers want Internet
          technologies included as part of any
          operating system
          because their customers expect and
          demand this.

On MS website

Post by Michael McConnel » Thu, 10 Sep 1998 04:00:00

> What are they speaking about ? BTW wich company is Linux
> suposed to be ??

> Another thing on another MS page (front page server side
> support) :

>    Linux 3.0.3
>    (Red Hat Software)

> Have I missed the release of Linux 3.0 ??? ;-)

Maybe. RedHat Linux 3.0.3 is quite an old one.... (they're on 5.1 now).
They're talking RedHat release, not kernel version :)

-- Michael McConnell
The opinions expressed in this post do not (necessarily) agree with the
opinions of my employer.
To obtain my personal email address, issue the UNIX command:

WWW: http://www.eridani.demon.co.uk          http://www.amush.ml.org

1. MS propoganda website dead deceased exists no more assumed room temp...

What a joke!

Just read a piece on Yahoo about the Anti-Linux/Unix website.  First
it is found out it was running on Free BSD and now it just plain
doesn't work!  With enemies like that who needs friend!  I guess they
were reporting 403 errors and now it reports that directory access if
forbidden.

Yahoo mentioned that a part of the site said something like Unix
expertise is rare & expensive however it appears that MS expertise is
worthless!

http://www.wehavethewayout.com/

Anyway happy that I am preaching to the choir rather than trying to
fight with the penguninistas.

Anyway
KA

2. exec login root does not work as (I) expected.

3. Website Hosting and Website Design for Businesses and Professionals

4. Can't install further software on slackware 2.1.0 - help!

5. MS mouse not compatible with MS?

6. Help with ppp on 2.6 supplied from ppp server via annex

7. correction: 20 ms not 20000 ms

8. can someone explain Apache's .htaccess file

9. Corel + MS $$ = MS.Net for Linux

10. Firewalling a Local Area Network with routers, MS Exchange, MS Proxy and LINUX.........

11. MSnbc calls MS on MS's FUD campain!

12. Wake-up call: Fearfull MS users can't see beyond the MS walls around them...

13. Pci Mach 64 (Ati MS-440i Ms-4408) help