A small bit of good news

Post by Kenneth Down » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 02:34:49

Dateline: Real Life.

Normally I do not talk about Real Life here, because I do not post
anonymously, but today I was able to generate my first project proposal
that I can truthfully say would never have happened except for my
involvement with Linux.

Whipped out the markers and erased the white board and my boss and I were
on fire pretty quick.  Wish us luck!

--
Ken
oSigBlock = createobject("sigblock")

A small bit of good news

Post by rapska » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 06:49:41

Error Log for Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:34:49 -0500: segfault in module "Kenneth
Downs" - dump details are as follows...

Quote:> Dateline: Real Life.

> Normally I do not talk about Real Life here, because I do not post
> anonymously, but today I was able to generate my first project proposal
> that I can truthfully say would never have happened except for my
> involvement with Linux.

> Whipped out the markers and erased the white board and my boss and I
> were on fire pretty quick.  Wish us luck!

Best of luck to you Ken!  I for one hope you get your whole company
migrated by 2003!  ;-)
--
rapskat  - 11:50pm  up 2 days, 12:39,  6 users,  load average: 1.30, 1.16, 0.82

God Almighty hates a quitter.--  General Samuel Fessenden.

A small bit of good news

Post by Terry Port » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 07:28:13

Kenneth Downs went insane and wrote the following
on his bedroom wall with an old crayon:

Quote:>Dateline: Real Life.

>Normally I do not talk about Real Life here, because I do not post
>anonymously, but today I was able to generate my first project proposal
>that I can truthfully say would never have happened except for my
>involvement with Linux.

So many things Ive done would *not* have been possible without Linux
either, I know exactly what you mean.

Quote:

>Whipped out the markers and erased the white board and my boss and I were
>on fire pretty quick.  Wish us luck!

Luck Ken :)

--
Kind Regards from Terry
My Desktop is powered by GNU/Linux. Debian 2.2 kernel 2.2.20

A small bit of good news

Post by The Ghost In The Machin » Thu, 07 Feb 2002 19:30:50

In comp.os.linux.advocacy, rapskat

 wrote
on Wed, 06 Feb 2002 04:49:41 GMT

Quote:> Error Log for Tue, 05 Feb 2002 19:34:49 -0500: segfault in module "Kenneth
> Downs" - dump details are as follows...

>> Dateline: Real Life.

>> Normally I do not talk about Real Life here, because I do not post
>> anonymously, but today I was able to generate my first project proposal
>> that I can truthfully say would never have happened except for my
>> involvement with Linux.

>> Whipped out the markers and erased the white board and my boss and I
>> were on fire pretty quick.  Wish us luck!

> Best of luck to you Ken!  I for one hope you get your whole company
> migrated by 2003!  ;-)

It takes that long? :-)

But I second the emotion.

--

EAC code #191       38d:02h:02m actually running Linux.
                    This message is way too short to tell you the wonderful ...

A small bit of good news

Post by mjcr » Fri, 08 Feb 2002 08:01:46

on Wed, 06 Feb 2002 at 00:34 GMT,

> Dateline: Real Life.

> Normally I do not talk about Real Life here, because I do not post
> anonymously, but today I was able to generate my first project proposal
> that I can truthfully say would never have happened except for my
> involvement with Linux.

> Whipped out the markers and erased the white board and my boss and I were
> on fire pretty quick.  Wish us luck!

May fortune and the support of the Linux community be with you.

--
I run Linux, no *y RedHat, Debian, Slackware, or Corel, just Linux.
May all that you wish upon me and mine be visited upon you ten fold.

1. good news for small systems regardinging netscape

        As anyone with only 20MB of ram can tell you, running netscape
4.xx on a loaded system is UgLY! swap space gets used and we all know
about the Netscape 4.xx Java crunch. Looking on linuxberg, my local
mirror is http://downcity.linuxberg.com There is two versions of
netscape 3.04 online. the standard and netscape-GOLD. neither comes in
Glibc2 versions however if you want a simple non-hogging netscape that
is simpler to use. grab em! This netscape works fine on my system ever
shrunk down to 320x200!  Netscape 4.08 does Not work that well on
small scrreens. Also its user interface in my opinion reminds me of
netscape on my Windows 3.1 system (it should, its the same version!)
and set up is a snap. the Netscape bin file is the following size

   text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
4163865  762912   57868 4984645  4c0f45 /usr/local/netscape2/netscape
Compare that with Netscape 4.08

   text    data     bss     dec     hex filename
9138573 1008604  279320 10426497         9f1881 /usr/local/netscape/netscape

It also appears that this earlier netscape does not have the java
glitch as far as I can see.
        Plus Netscape 3.04 starts up Immediatly! No long waits. I
ditched Netscape 4.61 recently and switched to 4.08. Now I am
considering wiping out netscape 4.08 and just use netscape 3.04!
        Oh yes, the Netscape 3.04 is Netscape gold, the othe ris
Netscape Communicator 4.08 in the above examples.
        I am placing them on my FTP site which is open from 10pm to
6am 7 days a week Eastern Standard Time. ftp://pinkrose.dhis.org
look in the /pub/DLOAD for
either one. Both are the Libc5 ONLY versions. these are the Export
netscapes. for the strong encryption versions. you are on your own ad
I don't use the domestic only versions here.
        I also would like some help setting up my web page. I also can
provide some shell accounts but Remember, I only have a 14,400 modem
so speed might be tight. Apache is up with the stock apache page at
http://pinkrose.dhis.org. if you want a free shell account and are
local to Willimantic Connecticut. email me at (yep you guessed it

--
                A pearl of wisdom from the y2K newsgroups:
Y2K appears to be the Baby Boomers mid-life crisis, and it has the

                        B'ichela
                        N O T E
                ---------------------

2. LICQ - Err Unable to allocate TCP...

3. 2.4.18-pre8 - Good news and bad news...

4. Access Control with NCSA httpd 1.4

5. Netscape 1.12 (No NEWS is not necessarily good news!)

6. ASUS doesn't support Linux?

7. No News is Good News

8. FS:Quad XEON Intel Server that runs Linux

9. Netscape 1.12 (No NEWS is not necessarily good news)

10. Good news, bad news

11. Good Times / Good News Virus

12. C News vs. INN on Small System?

13. TCP, Small Packets, PSH bit, TCP_NODELAY