Linux strikes the trousers away from the Windows

Linux strikes the trousers away from the Windows

Post by Dr P Squa » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 03:29:54

I have an announcement over linux, which must hear the world.  Many
people think that Windows is polished, improve somehow.  It is not
applicable!  I have the proof, so that all understand.

Windows is a piece crap.  Linux lets operators and still excellent
workstation run, without even striking an eye.  Windows abort and fire
in blue screen death with heavy load.

Use LINUX!!!  Destroy Windows!

Linux strikes the trousers away from the Windows

Post by Luser - short for linux use » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 05:07:26

Quote:> I have an announcement over linux, which must hear the world.  Many
> people think that Windows is polished, improve somehow.  It is not
> applicable!  I have the proof, so that all understand.

Better try again. Those of us with EFL (english as a first language) are
having some trouble.

Quote:

> Windows is a piece crap.  Linux lets operators and still excellent
> workstation run, without even striking an eye.  Windows abort and fire
> in blue screen death with heavy load.

> Use LINUX!!!  Destroy Windows!

Again you use words, but don't say anything.  You'll make a hell of a linux
zealot.

Linux strikes the trousers away from the Windows

Post by rapska » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 05:42:11

begin  Error log for Fri, 07 Feb 2003 17:29:54 -0800, segfault in module
Dr P Square: dump details are as follows...

Quote:> I have an announcement over linux, which must hear the world.  Many
> people think that Windows is polished, improve somehow.  It is not
> applicable!  I have the proof, so that all understand.

> Windows is a piece crap.  Linux lets operators and still excellent
> workstation run, without even striking an eye.  Windows abort and fire
> in blue screen death with heavy load.

> Use LINUX!!!  Destroy Windows!

Shutup troll.

<*plonk*>

--
rapskat -  22:41:49  up 1 day,  2:37,  1 user,  load average: 0.13, 0.41, 0.33
Running LGX - Linux + GNU + XFree86: Gentoo flavored

Genius is ten percent inspiration and fifty percent capital gains.

Post by bill shin » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 05:52:32

>> I have an announcement over linux, which must hear the world.  Many
>> people think that Windows is polished, improve somehow.  It is not
>> applicable!  I have the proof, so that all understand.

> Better try again. Those of us with EFL (english as a first language) are
> having some trouble.

>> Windows is a piece crap.  Linux lets operators and still excellent
>> workstation run, without even striking an eye.  Windows abort and fire
>> in blue screen death with heavy load.

>> Use LINUX!!!  Destroy Windows!

> Again you use words, but don't say anything.  You'll make a hell of a linux
> zealot.

Like you are any better?  I bet you've never compared linux to windows
side by side, feature for feature, dollar for dollar.  To get the
functionality of the software that I have on my linux box on windows would
cost me over five thousand dollars, and I'd still be short a few
apps.

      <><><><><><><>   The Worlds Uncensored News Source   <><><><><><><><>

Post by Luser - short for linux use » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 06:20:44

> >> I have an announcement over linux, which must hear the world.  Many
> >> people think that Windows is polished, improve somehow.  It is not
> >> applicable!  I have the proof, so that all understand.

> > Better try again. Those of us with EFL (english as a first language) are
> > having some trouble.

> >> Windows is a piece crap.  Linux lets operators and still excellent
> >> workstation run, without even striking an eye.  Windows abort and fire
> >> in blue screen death with heavy load.

> >> Use LINUX!!!  Destroy Windows!

> > Again you use words, but don't say anything.  You'll make a hell of a
linux
> > zealot.
> Like you are any better?  I bet you've never compared linux to windows
> side by side, feature for feature, dollar for dollar.  To get the
> functionality of the software that I have on my linux box on windows would
> cost me over five thousand dollars, and I'd still be short a few
> apps.

Find me replacements for
Project, Visio, and Act.

Post by Luser - short for linux use » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 08:41:10

Quote:> Use LINUX!!!  Destroy Windows!

Use LINUX!!!  wish you had Windows!

But thanks for making a good operating system to save me money on my Windows
purchases.

Linux strikes the trousers away from the Windows

Post by Peter Jense » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 14:01:05

Quote:>> Find me replacements for
>> Project, Visio, and Act.

> MrProject and Dia, respectively, and what the hell is "Act"?

                ^^^

Thanks for the info! I was just about to ask for a replacement for that.
Visio was one of the few programs I needed to fully convert my brother to
Linux. Can it also read and write Visio files? That would speed up the
conversion.

end
--
PeKaJe

Linux strikes the trousers away from the Windows

Post by Lin?nu » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 16:36:23

While watching the eternal hourglass, Luser - short for linux user assayed this pronouncement:

Quote:> Find me replacements for
> Project, Visio, and Act.

I'd rather find a replacement for you.

I don't know about Act, but I use the other two quite a bit, and they
have some very stinky aspects to them.

I would hope that any pending open source programs offering similar
functionality would be much leaner, less buggy, and easier to use than
these two products.

By the way, do these products run on Windows 98, the most prevalent
desktop OS out there?

Chris

--
Living large and loving Linux!

Post by Conor Turto » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 18:59:44

> > Use LINUX!!!  Destroy Windows!

> Use LINUX!!!  wish you had Windows!

Use Linux, go for several nights out with the money you've saved..

--
_________________________
Conor Turton

ICQ:31909763
_________________________

Post by Xyer » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 20:27:40

> > Use LINUX!!!  Destroy Windows!

> Use LINUX!!!  wish you had Windows!

> But thanks for making a good operating system to save me money on my Windows
> purchases.

Has anyone got a Linux replacement for the Windows BSOD?

Linux strikes the trousers away from the Windows

Post by [H]ome » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 22:00:36

blueagen sung like fatboy Pavarotti, the following jingle:

Quote:>> Find me replacements for
>> Project, Visio, and Act.
> MrProject and Dia, respectively, and what the hell is "Act"?

"Act!" = Contact Management, or for the *really* pretentious, Customer
Relationship Management (CRM).

Want a Linux equivalent? Try:

http://www.databasesystemscorp.com/pstelemation.htm
http://www.compiere.org/
http://www.thekompany.com/projects/aethera/
http://treshna.com/~andru/circulation/
http://www.ximian.com/products/evolution/
http://www.kingpinlinux.co.uk/manage.shtml

An interesting future development:
http://www.ibm-jdedwards.com/us/news_plans_to_deliver.html

Then again, businesses may be reevaluating the importance of CRM/CM on
their lists of priorities anyway:

http://news.com.com/2100-1001-956496.html

[H]omer

Linux strikes the trousers away from the Windows

Post by [H]ome » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 23:05:22

Xyerp sung like fatboy Pavarotti, the following jingle:

>> > Use LINUX!!!  Destroy Windows!

>> Use LINUX!!!  wish you had Windows!

>> But thanks for making a good operating system to save me money on my Windows
>> purchases.

> Has anyone got a Linux replacement for the Windows BSOD?

No, but I hear you can emulate it using WineX.

[H]omer

Post by Andres Soo » Sun, 09 Feb 2003 22:27:00

> Has anyone got a Linux replacement for the Windows BSOD?

http://www.ibiblio.org/pub/Linux/system/emulators/bsod.tar.gz

Of course, as the randomly-selected Savage's Law of Expediency states,
it needs some slight fixing to compile.

--

Savage's Law of Expediency:
        You want it bad, you'll get it bad.

Post by Dr P Squa » Mon, 10 Feb 2003 01:01:16

> Shutup troll.

> <*plonk*>

This means much from pig dog man:

http://image1ex.villagephotos.com/pubimage.asp?id_=1530048

It is too bad RAPSKAT is the pig dog person. Rapskat knows too stupidly the friend.
Me stop and can it has not the meaning everything?

Power.... Linux is this best way does all. If only RAPSKAT runs in linux.

Post by Jim Richardso » Mon, 10 Feb 2003 00:18:46

--
Jim Richardson         http://www.eskimo.com/~warlock
A bad day, is when aliens attack, the dog bites you, and your boss tells

1. upgrading windows without blowing away Linux ?

I currently have Caldera's e.Desktop and windows
98 installed using Boot Magic as the loader.  I'm
planning to install a win 2000 upgrade but am
afraid that I may hose Linux.  I'm assuming that
I have to uninstall boot magic, run the windows
upgrade, and then user the windows 2000 boot
loader.  According to Caldera Boot magic does not
support windows 2000.

Thanks
Bruce

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. HELP! trying to adjust X window...

3. Linux blows away Windows for same-machine TCP

4. info on Sun OS 5.8 [Serengeti]

5. Windows HDD performance blowing away my Linux.

6. DNS Question: /etc/resolv.conf

7. webhosting.com - stay away... far far away

8. test1 unix: NOTICE: authdes_create: unable to get client's netname, rpc status 16

9. Linux Strikes Again!

10. X-window desktop away with xdmconf command

11. Linux strikes again

12. SDFishin is giving away Microsoft Windows XP