This is the most ignorant anti-linux article I have ever seen

This is the most ignorant anti-linux article I have ever seen

Post by Tarquin Hoyle » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 02:05:05

http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

Who are these idiots ? If they just spent 5 minutes on a google search
they would realise Linux has been around much much longer than 5
years. And what is all this about Linux competing with NT ? Linux
kicks NT's ass.

Whoever wrote this must have been on crack!

Post by Peter K?hlman » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 02:20:48

> http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

> Who are these idiots ? If they just spent 5 minutes on a google search
> they would realise Linux has been around much much longer than 5
> years. And what is all this about Linux competing with NT ? Linux
> kicks NT's ass.

> Whoever wrote this must have been on crack!

From the sound of it (dumbest thing I've read in a long time) it could
have been flatmind or wjbell, perhaps Todd who wrote that crap.
Naturally those idiots come by the dozen, so it will probably have been
someone else. But we for sure get a healthy dose of that stuff here in
cola also

Peter
--
Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, For thou art crunchy,
and good with ketchup!

Post by Richard Thripplet » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 02:37:55

>http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

>Who are these idiots ? If they just spent 5 minutes on a google search
>they would realise Linux has been around much much longer than 5
>years. And what is all this about Linux competing with NT ? Linux
>kicks NT's ass.

>Whoever wrote this must have been on crack!

        No, no, no... *sigh*, not another one ;)
        Adequacy is a _troll_ site, it's designed to draw reactions like
this one! When you see their other articles on open source and linux you'll
realise this. Titles like "RMS: Profile of a criminal pirate hacker", or
something like that give it away.
        It's actually a rather entertaining site once you realise what's
going on. Search for their Linux Zealot cartoons, you'll love them!

Richard
--
Richard 'aj' Thrippleton
"handsome, charming and genuinely good at bringing in the money"

Homepage:http://www.srcf.ucam.org/~ret28

Post by timeOda » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:34:14

>>http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

>>Who are these idiots ? If they just spent 5 minutes on a google search
>>they would realise Linux has been around much much longer than 5
>>years. And what is all this about Linux competing with NT ? Linux
>>kicks NT's ass.

>>Whoever wrote this must have been on crack!
> No, no, no... *sigh*, not another one ;)
> Adequacy is a _troll_ site, it's designed to draw reactions like
> this one! When you see their other articles on open source and linux
> you'll realise this. Titles like "RMS: Profile of a criminal pirate
> hacker", or something like that give it away.
> It's actually a rather entertaining site once you realise what's
> going on. Search for their Linux Zealot cartoons, you'll love them!

> Richard

Then again, the people who are into adequacy.org are probably those
who would enjoy posting slightly overblown reactionary rants about
adequacy.org articles to usenet...

Post by laserne » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 03:36:26

Quote:> http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

> Who are these idiots ? If they just spent 5 minutes on a google search
> they would realise Linux has been around much much longer than 5
> years. And what is all this about Linux competing with NT ? Linux
> kicks NT's ass.

> Whoever wrote this must have been on crack!

I found it funny but for people to whom it hit home, they might be viewed
differently....

Post by Richard Thripplet » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 05:22:56

>>http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

>>Who are these idiots ? If they just spent 5 minutes on a google search
>>they would realise Linux has been around much much longer than 5
>>years. And what is all this about Linux competing with NT ? Linux
>>kicks NT's ass.

>>Whoever wrote this must have been on crack!

>Looks like a pretty accurate article to me.
>It's quite obvious that the guy is very familiar with Linsux.

>Face it LinOscrews, the rest of the world doesn't think very much of you.

        Wow, the flatfish got trolled... worth a chuckle.

Richard
--

Post by Tim Smi » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 13:31:49

> http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

> Who are these idiots ? If they just spent 5 minutes on a google search

Try clicking on the "Mission Statement" link on their page.

--Tim Smith

Post by Bill Bake » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 14:32:20

Quote:> http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

> Who are these idiots ? If they just spent 5 minutes on a google search
> they would realise Linux has been around much much longer than 5
> years. And what is all this about Linux competing with NT ? Linux
> kicks NT's ass.

> Whoever wrote this must have been on crack!

Hmm....adequacy.org.....isn't that the same site that said that Linux was
written by a Russian hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, and that your son may
be a hacker if he reads stuff like "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" and asks
you to buy a faster graphics card?

I think these guys are along the lines of theonion.com.

--Bill

Post by Amaz » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 14:42:57

> http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

> Who are these idiots ? If they just spent 5 minutes on a google search
> they would realise Linux has been around much much longer than 5
> years. And what is all this about Linux competing with NT ? Linux
> kicks NT's ass.

> Whoever wrote this must have been on crack!

LOL!!!  Get a sense of humor guy.  These guys are like satirewire.com or
theonion.com.  The whole site is one big troll.  I don't know what's
funnier the stupid articles that they write or the stupid people who
actuall *agree* with what they're saying.

You ought to read the one about "Is Your Son A Computer Hacker".  Written
by a conservative father of six children...one of his sons is named Peter,
one of his daughters is named Cindy and his wife's name is Carol.
Hmmm...sound familiar?
--
The breakfast of champions is opposition

Post by Amaz » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 14:52:56

>>http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

>>Who are these idiots ? If they just spent 5 minutes on a google search
>>they would realise Linux has been around much much longer than 5
>>years. And what is all this about Linux competing with NT ? Linux
>>kicks NT's ass.

>>Whoever wrote this must have been on crack!

> Looks like a pretty accurate article to me.
> It's quite obvious that the guy is very familiar with Linsux.

> Face it LinOscrews, the rest of the world doesn't think very much of you.

Face it flatty, you've just been trolled.  Even *you* of all people know
that Linus was *never* a Russian hacker.
--

Post by Amaz » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 15:01:18

>> http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

>> Who are these idiots ? If they just spent 5 minutes on a google search
>> they would realise Linux has been around much much longer than 5
>> years. And what is all this about Linux competing with NT ? Linux
>> kicks NT's ass.

>> Whoever wrote this must have been on crack!

> From the sound of it (dumbest thing I've read in a long time) it could
> have been flatmind or wjbell, perhaps Todd who wrote that crap.
> Naturally those idiots come by the dozen, so it will probably have been
> someone else. But we for sure get a healthy dose of that stuff here in
> cola also

> Peter

Actually the site is a _troll_ and the guys who created it have a sick
sense of humor.

Kind of like this...http://www.satirewire.com/news/0101/linux_quit.shtml
but more subtle.
--

Post by Jerry Na » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 17:05:23

>>> http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

>>> Who are these idiots ? If they just spent 5 minutes on a google search
>>> they would realise Linux has been around much much longer than 5
>>> years. And what is all this about Linux competing with NT ? Linux
>>> kicks NT's ass.

>>> Whoever wrote this must have been on crack!

>>Hmm....adequacy.org.....isn't that the same site that said that Linux was
>>written by a Russian hacker named Linyos Torovoltos, and that your son may
>>be a hacker if he reads stuff like "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" and asks
>>you to buy a faster graphics card?

>>I think these guys are along the lines of theonion.com.

>>--Bill

>It's a satire site, but there is a lot of truth in what they say.
>--

Flatfish gets all his technical facts from Comedy Central.

Quote:>flatfish+++

Post by Joe Potte » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 17:29:42

> On Sat, 02 Mar 2002 12:59:05 GMT,

>>On Sat, 02 Mar 2002 12:32:20 GMT, Bill Baker

>>>On Friday 01 March 2002 19:05 pm, Tarquin Hoylett

http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

Quote:

>>>Hmm....adequacy.org.....isn't that the same site that
>>>said that Linux was written by a Russian hacker named
>>>Linyos Torovoltos, and that your son may be a hacker if
>>>he reads stuff like "The Cathedral and the Bazaar" and
>>>asks you to buy a faster graphics card?

>>>I think these guys are along the lines of theonion.com.

>>>--Bill

>>It's a satire site, but there is a lot of truth in what
>>they say. --

> Flatfish gets all his technical facts from Comedy Central.

I demand you write an apology to Comedy Central. The news
on the Daily Show is far more correct that Flat-dead-fish
ever was about computers. :-)

--
Regards, Joe

This is the most ignorant anti-linux article I have ever seen

Post by Ian Pege » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 18:10:27

flatfish+++ spluttered:

>>http://www.adequacy.org/?op=displaystory;sid=2002/2/28/112557/148

>>Who are these idiots ? If they just spent 5 minutes on a google search
>>they would realise Linux has been around much much longer than 5 years.
>>And what is all this about Linux competing with NT ? Linux kicks NT's
>>ass.

>>Whoever wrote this must have been on crack!

> Looks like a pretty accurate article to me. It's quite obvious that the
> guy is very familiar with Linsux.

> Face it LinOscrews, the rest of the world doesn't think very much of
> you.

What's not to love about a cute cuddly penguin?

--

Ian - looking through a glass onion

This is the most ignorant anti-linux article I have ever seen

Post by Darre » Sun, 03 Mar 2002 19:38:08

[obvious troll for page hits snipped]

looks to me that you're trying to drum up page hits for your website ..