Agenda VR3 review in Pen Computing Magazine

Agenda VR3 review in Pen Computing Magazine

Post by William Kendric » Wed, 11 Apr 2001 10:38:44

The March issue has a review of the Linux-based "Agenda VR3" PDA.
The review is a little dated (it sounds like the wrote it a few months
ago and didn't get around to publishing it until now), but it's pretty good.

The article doesn't seem to be online yet, but if you can find a printed
copy, the article is around page 52 or 53, and is two pages long.

  http://www.pencomputing.com/

FYI, I grabbed a Developers Edition about a month ago (I don't think they're
available any more) and it's a pretty nice machine, especially for the price.

As soon as they get some things ironed out (hand writing recognition is a
little hard, and they're working on ways to drastically increase the system's
general responsiveness), it'll be top notch.

Developing for it is insanely easy, too.  I've already written a small app.,
an arcade game, and have begun porting an emulator to it.  (The emulator
ran pretty out of the box... I'm just working on making the emulator support
PDA resolution, and creating a nice GUI launcher for it.)

If you're into Linux, you _need_ one of these.

If you're not into Linux, keep your eye on it, because it's going places!

-bill!

http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/bill/

1. Agenda VR3 Review @ barga!nPDA.com

The webmaster of bargainPDA.com asked if I'd write a review of the
Agenda VR3 (Linux-based PDA), and so I have...

I don't claim it's excellent, but I try to go over what I think are
key issues:

  1. It's not quite ready for grandma & grandpa to use

  2. It's extremely easy to develop for, and totally Open Source, so
     it's got amazing potential (which is already showing)

Here it is, enjoy:

  http://www.bargainPDA.com/reviews/default.asp?reviewID=34

-bill!

2. Sun loader braindead?

3. ANNC: "Thumbpad" for Agenda VR3

4. OS5 and StorageWorks

5. MailAgent for Agenda VR3

6. Finding .edu names

7. Xtops.DE Offers AGENDA VR3 - The First Dedicated Linux PDA

8. Secure UNIX Programming FAQ

9. FreeBSD and Agenda VR3?

10. Ethernet for Agenda VR3!

12. X11 for pen computing?