New Source for Open Source Applications - Easy Install

New Source for Open Source Applications - Easy Install

Post by Open Countr » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 03:03:21

Hey, new Linux desktop application installer is available.  Check it
out and let us know what you think.  http://www.opencountry.net

Our company helps the less technical to use and enjoy Linux by
repackaging open-source software in an easy install, QwikClick(tm),
format.  The base application remains unchanged.  It's like putting
the application on a CD for distribution, except that it will be
downloaded and installed over the internet.  A user will be able to
subscribe to the store, and as a subscriber obtain and install a
variety of common applications or games with only one click.  A
nominal fee is charged for the install convenience and a part of the
revenue obtained is sent back to the open-source developer or his
designated charity.

Consider this an open-source effort, check out our web site,
http://www.opencountry.net, and tell us your reactions.  If you have
authored an open-source product that you'd like us to consider for
non-exclusive redistribution, send us e-mail at

Post by yt.. » Thu, 08 Mar 2001 05:11:04

> Hey, new Linux desktop application installer is available.  Check it
> out and let us know what you think.  http://www.opencountry.net

Neat!

Quote:> Our company helps the less technical to use and enjoy Linux by
> repackaging open-source software in an easy install, QwikClick(tm),
> format.  The base application remains unchanged.  It's like putting
> the application on a CD for distribution, except that it will be
> downloaded and installed over the internet.  A user will be able to
> subscribe to the store, and as a subscriber obtain and install a
> variety of common applications or games with only one click.  A
> nominal fee is charged for the install convenience and a part of the
> revenue obtained is sent back to the open-source developer or his
> designated charity.

Ah, it was too good to be true.  I knew you were selling something.

I went to your website, and its a piece of shit.  All the images
are broken, the links lead to nowhere, and for somereason you found
it nessesary to (incorrectly) use PHP.

Also, your diminutive software lists are useless and lame.  Everything
you list on your site is included on EVERY linux distribution disk
there is.  You offer nothing.

> Consider this an open-source effort, check out our web site,
> http://www.opencountry.net, and tell us your reactions.  If you have
> authored an open-source product that you'd like us to consider for
> non-exclusive redistribution, send us e-mail at

Why dont you do something impressive and attempt to redistribute
video driver packages?  I know a few tens of thousands of linux users
who would pay to get their NVDIA drivers working.

-----.

--
"It's natural to expect there might be people doing stupid things
with computers"

---Michael Vatis, director of the FBI's national infrastructure
protection center commenting on Y2K concerns about hacker attacks