Access dB's to Linux

Post by Iain » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Can this be done??

I have developed a few M$ Access dB's and am in the process of _trying_
to move over to Linux. Albeit with numerous problems inherent with
learning a new OS. One of my conerns hewver, is that I don't want to
lose access to a large amount of information I have stored in several
databases.

I keep hearing that Lotus is going to port Notes and Domino to Linux. I
have even heard someone say they managed to get the UNIX version of R4
running on Linux, although I haven't tried that myself.

Can anyone shed any light on this dilema??

Many thanks.

Iain.

       my employer, Merck & Co., Inc.  All responsibility for the statements
       sender.

1. Accessing an Oracle DB from Linux

I need to access an Oracle data base that (unfortunately) resides on an
NT server. I have set up sqlplus on Linux (from Oracle 8i for Linux). I
can get to the windows network (using smbclient and smbmount). I have an
NT logon id and password that work (I tested them on an NT box and I use
them with smbclient and smbmount) and can get to the data base by typing

Unfortunately I cannot get this to work from the Linux box. Somehow I
need to login to the windows network (so that windows sees my id and
password). I think I need to install Samba to set up the login but am
not sure. (I have smbclient and smbmount without having installed
Samba.)

I can ping the server (using it's name) and everything else seems to be
working just fine.

Rick

--

2. PLZ HELP! Airport & LinuxPPC (wireless, 802.11)

3. DB access (ODBC?) from Linux client

4. help with bootp

5. Accessing ORACLE DB from Linux with TCL

6. Samba, file date

7. Apache/Linux CGI: 'Forbidden' execution after restricting Linux access

8. ghostview problem

9. GPL'd DBS Telephony Server released today for Linux, FreeBSD, etc...

10. NIS: ypserv does not accept 'clear' during (re-)make of db

11. 'locate' with db error?

12. Cannot use 'custom' (shared.db corrupt)

13. 2 DB's X-connected to 2 DMP A5200 arrays? or 1 standby DB+ 1 hot DB