Suggest a good, objective networking magazine?

Suggest a good, objective networking magazine?

Post by Tim Litt » Mon, 14 Sep 1998 04:00:00

A kind person has offered to pay for a subscription to any journal I
desire this year. I already receive Linux Journal and ComputerWorld
and am well pleased with both. Ziff-Davis stuff is out of the
question. Can someone tell me if there is a straightforward,
technically oriented paper or mag for networking professionals? Unix
oriented would be great, but I will tolerate mention of other
platforms.  Regards, TL.

Suggest a good, objective networking magazine?

Post by Matthias Wark » Mon, 14 Sep 1998 04:00:00

Tim Little schrieb:

Quote:

> A kind person has offered to pay for a subscription to any journal I
> desire this year. I already receive Linux Journal and ComputerWorld
> and am well pleased with both. Ziff-Davis stuff is out of the
> question. Can someone tell me if there is a straightforward,
> technically oriented paper or mag for networking professionals? Unix
> oriented would be great, but I will tolerate mention of other
> platforms.  Regards, TL.

I had to think immediately of _iX_. But I don't know if there is an
english issue.

mawa
--

Get a Cold Feet Experience... Get Acme Frob Coil Oil! | Barf now...

1. suggest network analyzer for total network newbie?

Developer - know nothing about networking, except that our internet
access provider tells us our traffic occasionally spikes to some very
high level - maxing out our connection - which some people in the
office sometimes notice.  I need to find out which PC/device the
traffic is coming from and stop it.

The machine which I would prefer to run any monitoring software from is
Linux, with a `uname` providing:
Linux [my_hostname] 2.6.1-1.65smp #1 SMP Fri Jan 30 17:50:02 EST 2004
i686 athlon i386 GNU/Linux

Looking for something that will help me figure this out.  Any suggested
tools?

Thanks.

2. Is cc a basic component of a unix system?

3. Can anyone suggest good chat software?

4. building a kernel/inspiron 7500

5. Please suggest good 8MB/12MB/16MB PCI graphics card for RH5.2

6. enemas, love and marriage

7. Please suggest good Linux book!!!

8. last test...i swear

9. Please suggest a GOOD motif dist. for linux

10. Could anyone suggest a good UPS which support Linux

11. Suggest good books...

12. need to suggest a good FS:

13. Suggest good books on Sys/Net Admin