1. One easy, one less so, one not quite so.....
First the easy one...
All I want is a text string with the time and date in, please.....
I've used sys/time.h, time.h, gettimeofday, time, ctime, asctime,
timeval*, tm* and time_t* which combination do I need ????
The middling one....
I have created a sub process using fork() and now want to use the
sub process to execute "xhost +" I've been using execl("xhost",
"xhost","+") but that don't seem to work. I know that this strictly
ain't a solaris question but the next one is... :-)
The not so easy one...
I have written a couple of xview apps under linux and I now want
to compile them under solaris. I've been using xmkmf with the
same Imakefile but solaris comes up with XView.tmpl and XView.prog
missing. Also it doesn't find ClientXViewLibs or half the libraries.
Is it the set up here or am I missing something ?
2. Welcome to comp.unix.shell [Frequent posting]
3. apache, day one, hour one, minute one, local write permission !?!?!?!?
4. Replacing malloc & free for libc functions?
5. point one and one dns at fast hosts server
6. Changing keyboard shortcuts?
7. Nawk: can I use more than one input file in one script?
9. FS:One Noname, One XL266 --Make me an offer
10. How to setup a secondary mail server in case the first one goes down?
11. one to one user-space thread and lwp
12. Backup: One tape and one floppy disk?!
13. Challenge: 'ln' one liner to merge one directory tree into another?