Help: Linux crashed and won't recover

Post by Silicon Avat » Sat, 28 Sep 1996 04:00:00

My Linux (slackware 96- Linux 2.0) has crashed and won't recover.
The system crashed completely during an X-windows session.  I had to
do a cold-reboot and upon restarting the system complains, "unable to
execute /bin/sh" and stops!
The recovery boot disk brings the same results.  Is there any way to
recover the system?

Thanx in advance
<> Silicon Avatar <>

1. HELP - Linux Crashed & Won't Come Back

Linux crashed and I was forced to do a cold boot. Now when I try to
boot, I get error messages such as "EXT2 - fs error (device 03:02)"
and a mention of "PANIC" followed by a lockup. Apparantly the file
system is now corrupt but I have no desire to reinstall everything
(had some important stuff there that was not backed up.) I am usinng
kernel 2.0.0. If anyone knows how to get things working again without
trashing HD please let me know.

2. ps doesn't work

3. Linux Crashed, Now my HD has errors and linux won't boot

4. How to set MGA Display Card and 17" Monitor in OpenServer5?

5. System disk crash - how to recover other disk's files?

6. Firstclass client installation problems with WINE

7. Help needed - freeBSD crashed, won't boot at all!

8. newbie: 3c509 on isa0 in PnP mode problems

9. Can't recover from X server crash

10. Comments on BRU's CRU (Crash Recover Utility)?

11. AT&T StarServer E Won't load Unix after crash - help!

12. CD won't work, system won't reboot...please help

13. help needed: AWE32 PNP won't work - kernel won't compile - gurus read this!