Research - Please help

Post by Mark Rall » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

To whom it may concern,

    Hi, I am a University of Texas student and I recently read Neal
Stephenson's essay, "In the beginning..."
He convinced me that I should give linux a try and so I purchased Bill
McCarty's book and am in the process of becoming a linux user!  At the
same time, I have a tech writing project this semester where we have to
write on a technical topic, etc.  So, I am writing on the significance
Linux will have on the future of software development.  That is just a
rough subject, I just want to do something to do with Linux.  Anyway, I
was wondering if any of you have links to technical articles about Linux
and what it will mean in the future.  Any help will be much
appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

Mark Ralls

Research - Please help

Post by Christopher Brow » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Centuries ago, Nostradamus foresaw a time when Mark Ralls would say:

Quote:>    Hi, I am a University of Texas student and I recently read Neal
>Stephenson's essay, "In the beginning..."
>He convinced me that I should give linux a try and so I purchased Bill
>McCarty's book and am in the process of becoming a linux user!  At the
>same time, I have a tech writing project this semester where we have to
>write on a technical topic, etc.  So, I am writing on the significance
>Linux will have on the future of software development.  That is just a
>rough subject, I just want to do something to do with Linux.  Anyway, I
>was wondering if any of you have links to technical articles about Linux
>and what it will mean in the future.  Any help will be much
>appreciated.  Thanks in advance!

A useful question is which part of Texas you're in.

If you're at Arlington or Dallas, you may want to take a visit to
<http://www.ntlug.org/>, which is the web site of the Linux user group
in the DFW area.

If you're at Austin, <http://www.ctlug.org/> may be useful to you.

NTLUG has a discussion list involving some many locals that may be a
useful resource; see the web site for subscription details.
--
How much deeper would the ocean be if sponges didn't live there?