Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by d2002x » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 07:29:51



**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****

http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/09/13/microsoft.word.bug.ap/index....

Let's see.how those brainless wintrolls reply this. :))))

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! ***
                      http://www.usenet.com
Unlimited Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by cybea » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 08:29:44



> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****

> http://www.veryComputer.com/

> Let's see.how those brainless wintrolls reply this. :))))

I want to see how many of them try to explain that it is:

A) A feature

B) A user related problem

C) A hardware problem

D) Something made up by a Linux user

E) Part of a vast plot against Microsoft

F) an * on their religious freedome by attacking the Bill Gates Church
of Microsoft.

 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by GeneralP » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 08:58:20


On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 13:29:51 +0800, d2002xx assert()ed:

Quote:> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****

> http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/09/13/microsoft.word.bug.ap/index....

> Let's see.how those brainless wintrolls reply this. :))))

Even the most staunch Wintroll won't defend an Office bug.

What does this have to do with Linux?

--
General Protection Fault

  2:05am  up 3 days,  7:25,  1 user,  load average: 0.00, 0.00, 0.00
Linux nitrogen.ertw.com 2.4.9-34 #1 Sat Jun 1 06:32:14 EDT 2002 i586 unknown

 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by d2002x » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 09:04:29


**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****



>> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****

>> http://www.veryComputer.com/

>> Let's see.how those brainless wintrolls reply this. :))))

> I want to see how many of them try to explain that it is:

> A) A feature

> B) A user related problem

> C) A hardware problem

> D) Something made up by a Linux user

> E) Part of a vast plot against Microsoft

> F) an * on their religious freedome by attacking the Bill Gates Church
> of Microsoft.

Yeah, but it's reported in CNN. Then, I guess they will say CNN
lie. or, maybe the CNN's website hss been hacked by linux advocates.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! ***
                      http://www.veryComputer.com/
Unlimited Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by d2002x » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 09:27:52


**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****


Quote:> On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 13:29:51 +0800, d2002xx assert()ed:
>> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****

>> http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/09/13/microsoft.word.bug.ap/index....

>> Let's see.how those brainless wintrolls reply this. :))))

> Even the most staunch Wintroll won't defend an Office bug.

> What does this have to do with Linux?

Show those wintrolls that what they firmly support is just a crap.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! ***
                      http://www.usenet.com
Unlimited Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by GeneralP » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 09:34:07


On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 15:27:52 +0800, d2002xx assert()ed:

> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****


>> On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 13:29:51 +0800, d2002xx assert()ed:
>>> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****

>>> http://www.veryComputer.com/

>>> Let's see.how those brainless wintrolls reply this. :))))

>> Even the most staunch Wintroll won't defend an Office bug.

>> What does this have to do with Linux?

> Show those wintrolls that what they firmly support is just a crap.

Which Wintrolls support Office?  Are you implying that a Wintroll must
support all Windows software?

And quit saying "%s is a crap".  Say, "%s is crap".  *is one of those
nouns that's never used in the singular, only plural, with the only
exception of, "I'm going to take a crap", which is unusual, since you're
not actually taking anything; instead, you're really leaving one or more
"craps".

That's English for you.

--
General Protection Fault

  2:40am  up 3 days,  8:00,  1 user,  load average: 0.01, 0.02, 0.00
Linux nitrogen.ertw.com 2.4.9-34 #1 Sat Jun 1 06:32:14 EDT 2002 i586 unknown

 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by Paul Robso » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 09:31:57



> And quit saying "%s is a crap".??Say,?"%s?is?crap".??Crap?is?one?of?those
> nouns that's never used in the singular, only plural, with the only
> exception of, "I'm going to take a crap", which is unusual, since you're
> not actually taking anything; instead, you're really leaving one or more
> "craps".

> That's English for you

What a load of crap's.
 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by rapska » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 09:37:07


Error Log for Sat, 14 Sep 2002 06:29:44 +0000: segfault in module "cybear" -
dump details are as follows...

Quote:> I want to see how many of them try to explain that it is:

> A) A feature

> B) A user related problem

> C) A hardware problem

> D) Something made up by a Linux user

> E) Part of a vast plot against Microsoft

> F) an * on their religious freedome by attacking the Bill Gates
> Church of Microsoft.

You forgot the biggest one...

G) Part of a scheme by M$ to deliberetely embed "unfixable" bugs in their
software for the purposes of forcing people to upgrade.

If one thing can't be said about M$, it's that they don't plan for the
future.

Actually, this is a tactic used by many types of businesses in order to
ensure repeat customers.  You can go three ways: provide the best and most
reliable possible product/service and win repeat business, provide half-ass
shoddy product/service and compel repeat business, or deliberately sabotage
a product/service and guarantee repeat business.

Which one do you think M$ would go for?

--
rapskat -   3:30am  up  8:57,  2 users,  load average: 1.25, 1.38, 1.54
75 processes: 70 sleeping, 5 running, 0 zombie, 0 stopped
CPU states:  5.4% user,  5.7% system,  0.0% nice,  8.8% idle
drop the hot to mail me

Is this TERMINAL fun?

 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by rapska » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 09:46:53


Error Log for Sat, 14 Sep 2002 07:34:07 +0000: segfault in module
"GeneralPF" - dump details are as follows...

Quote:> And quit saying "%s is a crap".  Say, "%s is crap".  *is one of those
> nouns that's never used in the singular, only plural, with the only
> exception of, "I'm going to take a crap", which is unusual, since you're
> not actually taking anything; instead, you're really leaving one or more
> "craps".

In this context, I think *would be an adjective wouldn't it?  Like
saying "I had a crappy day" would be the equivalent to "Today was crap".

And wrt taking a crap, that would actually be a verb, since it implies an
action.  Verify with a gerundive, "I'm crapping", or intransitive, "I am
going to crap", past perfect, "I have crapped".

I think you could also qualify it as an adverb as well, "I performed
crappily".

Yes crap, one of those versatile little words that spices up the English
language.  Let us all take time to appreciate it's profound effect on our
communications and...

Ah, crap....forget it.

--
rapskat -   3:38am  up  9:05,  2 users,  load average: 1.29, 1.25, 1.39
80 processes: 74 sleeping, 6 running, 0 zombie, 0 stopped
CPU states:  6.7% user,  5.7% system,  0.0% nice,  8.7% idle
drop the hot to mail me

From Sharp minds come... pointed heads.
-- Bryan Sparrowhawk

 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by d2002x » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 09:49:22


**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****


> On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 15:27:52 +0800, d2002xx assert()ed:
>> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****


>>> On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 13:29:51 +0800, d2002xx assert()ed:
>>>> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****

>>>> http://www.veryComputer.com/

>>>> Let's see.how those brainless wintrolls reply this. :))))

>>> Even the most staunch Wintroll won't defend an Office bug.

>>> What does this have to do with Linux?

>> Show those wintrolls that what they firmly support is just a crap.

> Which Wintrolls support Office?

They're wintrolls.

Quote:>  Are you implying that a Wintroll must support all Windows software?

No, they support M$.

Quote:

> And quit saying "%s is a crap".  Say, "%s is crap".  *is one of those
> nouns that's never used in the singular, only plural, with the only
> exception of, "I'm going to take a crap", which is unusual, since you're
> not actually taking anything; instead, you're really leaving one or more
> "craps".

Ok, explicitly, I mean what they support is bad.

Quote:

> That's English for you.

ya.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! ***
                      http://www.veryComputer.com/
Unlimited Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by cybea » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 09:51:56



> Error Log for Sat, 14 Sep 2002 06:29:44 +0000: segfault in module "cybear"
> - dump details are as follows...

>> I want to see how many of them try to explain that it is:

>> A) A feature

>> B) A user related problem

>> C) A hardware problem

>> D) Something made up by a Linux user

>> E) Part of a vast plot against Microsoft

>> F) an * on their religious freedome by attacking the Bill Gates
>> Church of Microsoft.

> You forgot the biggest one...

> G) Part of a scheme by M$ to deliberetely embed "unfixable" bugs in their
> software for the purposes of forcing people to upgrade.

Damn, how did I forget that one.
 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by d2002x » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 10:06:56


**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****


Quote:> Error Log for Sat, 14 Sep 2002 06:29:44 +0000: segfault in module "cybear" -
> dump details are as follows...

>> I want to see how many of them try to explain that it is:

>> A) A feature

>> B) A user related problem

>> C) A hardware problem

>> D) Something made up by a Linux user

>> E) Part of a vast plot against Microsoft

>> F) an * on their religious freedome by attacking the Bill Gates
>> Church of Microsoft.

> You forgot the biggest one...

> G) Part of a scheme by M$ to deliberetely embed "unfixable" bugs in their
> software for the purposes of forcing people to upgrade.

Agree. For that, M$ also has to make competitors' products run worse.

Quote:

> If one thing can't be said about M$, it's that they don't plan for the
> future.

> Actually, this is a tactic used by many types of businesses in order to
> ensure repeat customers.  You can go three ways: provide the best and most
> reliable possible product/service and win repeat business, provide half-ass
> shoddy product/service and compel repeat business, or deliberately sabotage
> a product/service and guarantee repeat business.

> Which one do you think M$ would go for?

The last onw. of course.

For the first point, I don't think any softwares that don't provide
all source code are reliable, because I can't know what they're really
doing. (...but I have to use opera...<sigh>...)

Quote:

> --
> rapskat -   3:30am  up  8:57,  2 users,  load average: 1.25, 1.38, 1.54
> 75 processes: 70 sleeping, 5 running, 0 zombie, 0 stopped
> CPU states:  5.4% user,  5.7% system,  0.0% nice,  8.8% idle

Ahh!! 5.4 + 5.7 + 0.0 + 8.8 != 100.0, something wrong in kernel??

Quote:> drop the hot to mail me

> Is this TERMINAL fun?

  3:58pm  up 1 day, 21:28,  1 user,  load average: 0.05, 0.14, 0.16
58 processes: 56 sleeping, 2 running, 0 zombie, 0 stopped
CPU states:  2.9% user,  1.3% system,  0.0% nice, 95.6% idle

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! ***
                      http://www.veryComputer.com/
Unlimited Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by Super Spinne » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 11:44:14



Quote:> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****

> http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/09/13/microsoft.word.bug.ap/index....

> Let's see.how those brainless wintrolls reply this. :))))

It has nothing to do with Linux, unlike this:
http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/linux.slapper...
tml

-----------== Posted via Newsfeed.Com - Uncensored Usenet News ==----------
   http://www.newsfeed.com       The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----= Over 100,000 Newsgroups - Unlimited Fast Downloads - 19 Servers =-----

 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by d2002x » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 14:53:00


**** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****




>> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****

>> http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/09/13/microsoft.word.bug.ap/index....

>> Let's see.how those brainless wintrolls reply this. :))))

> It has nothing to do with Linux,

Yeah, It's used to tell you wintrolls what you support is just a
piece of crap. Want to continue?

Quote:> unlike this:
> http://securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/linux.slapper...
> tml

At least the source code is free, you can know what the softwares
really do on your box. you can be free from spy, you can check if
there is any flow, or patch them by yourself. Though somebody is too
idiotic to do this I guess.

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
 *** Usenet.com - The #1 Usenet Newsgroup Service on The Planet! ***
                      http://www.usenet.com
Unlimited Download - 19 Seperate Servers - 90,000 groups - Uncensored
-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

 
 
 

Microsoft Word Security Flaw

Post by Tsu Dho Nim » Sun, 15 Sep 2002 14:47:39




>> **** Post for FREE via your newsreader at post.usenet.com ****

>> http://www.cnn.com/2002/TECH/ptech/09/13/microsoft.word.bug.ap/index....

>> Let's see.how those brainless wintrolls reply this. :))))

>I want to see how many of them try to explain that it is:

>A) A feature

It's a feature - and with the addition of a couple of auto-macros
you could activate the EMBED command and snaffle the contents of
another file and make the contents invisible until they came back
to you.  

{ EMBED ClassName [Switches] }
Inserts an object created in another application that supports
OLE. Word inserts the EMBED field when you insert objects?
? such as Microsoft Excel worksheet objects?? by using the Object
command (Insert menu), the Paste Special command (Edit menu), or
a toolbar button.

The EMBED field isn't available in the Field dialog box, and you
cannot manually insert the field. However, you can directly
modify switches in an existing EMBED field.

However, it's a feature that can be used

Tsu Dho Nimh

--
Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, when you criticize him, you are a mile away from him and you have his shoes.

 
 
 

1. Microsoft bugs out - Word macro flaw uncovered along with new IIS security breach

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
Hash: SHA1

Just when you thought it was safe to use MS products, here comes:

http://www.idg.net.nz/webhome.nsf/UNID/593A84A901BBBDD9CC256A76002A737
B!opendocument

to brighten up people's day.

Matthew Gardiner
- --
I am the egg man
they are the egg men
And I am the walrus
coo coo ca choo, ca coo coo ca choo

-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: PGPfreeware 6.5.8 for non-commercial use <http://www.pgp.com>

iQA/AwUBOzaHr5Xdno0qgOBEEQJ8gACgsWA1kpdtqmVMjtAa+wazhe8OUToAnjXW
/lzJpl0MhwTZQ38N8mJWxDWn
=T3Y7
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----

2. Apache 2.0.35, building with SSL

3. Microsoft discloses security flaws

4. Need help [Oops; Segmentation Fault at shutdown]

5. Sun, Microsoft tackle security flaws

6. HCTS 2.3 now available on BigAdmin

7. Security Flaws May Be Pitfall for Microsoft

8. Reading is much more interesting than TV (0524/1708)

9. (OT) Microsoft Discloses Software Flaw

10. U.S. To Probe Microsoft Passport Flaw -- NEWSFACTOR.com

11. Microsoft's Java flaws burn Internet Explorer Users

12. Microsoft flaw puts servers at risk

13. Microsoft: SSL flaw is in operating system, not Web browser