Microsoft drops HTML support!

Post by Mad Fly Th » Fri, 03 May 2002 00:32:31

Since Microsoft no longer distributes front page express that must
mean HTML no longer works on windows right?? Then why do you
constantly claim that windows dose not support Java. They do not have
the crappy 1.1 JDK installed anymore but that was not real Java anyway
they lost the lawsuit remember?

<worthless space inserted to make choads happy>

Windows users have Choice I can install any JDK I want and it works
fine. I am ok with Microsoft being out of the Java business well
almost out if you count J#. WINDOWS SUPPORTS JAVA get over it I
installed 1.4 and all the classes are there the same ones that are on
linux. I can run all the popular servlet engines that are available
for Linux I can even write Beans or get this .... I have XP with IE 6
and I use Applets yes I can go to a site with Applets and they work
better and faster than before. Microsoft no longer writes the plugin
but why is that a bad thing using the real Sun plugin is better.

<worthless space inserted to make choads happy>

Dont say that Microsoft is trying to kill Java by not preinstalling it
and its too big for users to handle please that argument is stale. the
runtime is only about as big as 2 MP3's how many users refuse to
download MP3's becaus of the size?? even most dialup users download
bigger files routinely.

I for one am happy Microsoft is out of Java you know why?? because as
a result Java now works better than it ever has on windows especially
XP. I can now use real Java without a bastard preinstalled car jacked
JRE fudging things up. I admit Microsft sucked at Java so why are you
so mad to see them *out?

Microsoft drops HTML support!

Post by Linon » Fri, 03 May 2002 03:36:50

After takin' a swig o' grog, Mad Fly Thug belched out this bit o' wisdom:

Quote:> Since Microsoft no longer distributes front page express that must
> mean HTML no longer works on windows right?? Then why do you
> constantly claim that windows dose not support Java. They do not have
> the crappy 1.1 JDK installed anymore but that was not real Java anyway
> they lost the lawsuit remember?

> <worthless space inserted to make choads happy>

> Windows users have Choice I can install any JDK I want and it works
> fine. I am ok with Microsoft being out of the Java business well
> almost out if you count J#. WINDOWS SUPPORTS JAVA get over it I
> installed 1.4 and all the classes are there the same ones that are on
> linux. I can run all the popular servlet engines that are available
> for Linux I can even write Beans or get this .... I have XP with IE 6
> and I use Applets yes I can go to a site with Applets and they work
> better and faster than before. Microsoft no longer writes the plugin
> but why is that a bad thing using the real Sun plugin is better.

> <worthless space inserted to make choads happy>

> Dont say that Microsoft is trying to kill Java by not preinstalling it
> and its too big for users to handle please that argument is stale. the
> runtime is only about as big as 2 MP3's how many users refuse to
> download MP3's becaus of the size?? even most dialup users download
> bigger files routinely.

> I for one am happy Microsoft is out of Java you know why?? because as
> a result Java now works better than it ever has on windows especially
> XP. I can now use real Java without a bastard preinstalled car jacked
> JRE fudging things up. I admit Microsft sucked at Java so why are you
> so mad to see them *out?

WTF are you trying to say here?  Do you have a *ing point?
Might as well get some good out of this dumbass post:

http://www.veryComputer.com/

Microsoft drops HTML support!

Post by mjt » Fri, 03 May 2002 04:25:24

Mad Fly Thug wrote a bunch
of senseless diatribe.

--
+==================================
+==================================

Microsoft drops HTML support!

Post by Rusty Shackelfor » Fri, 03 May 2002 04:51:36

Quote:>> I for one am happy Microsoft is out of Java you know why?? because as a
>> result Java now works better than it ever has on windows especially XP.
>> I can now use real Java without a bastard preinstalled car jacked JRE
>> fudging things up. I admit Microsft sucked at Java so why are you so
>> mad to see them *out?

Just goes to show ya that MS can screwup code that was given to them with
their bloated browser.

-RS

Post by Cowboy Bo » Fri, 03 May 2002 10:01:06

> Since Microsoft no longer distributes front page express that must
> mean HTML no longer works on windows right?? Then why do you
> constantly claim that windows dose not support Java. They do not have
> the crappy 1.1 JDK installed anymore but that was not real Java anyway
> they lost the lawsuit remember?

> <worthless space inserted to make choads happy>

> Windows users have Choice I can install any JDK I want and it works
> fine. I am ok with Microsoft being out of the Java business well
> almost out if you count J#. WINDOWS SUPPORTS JAVA get over it I
> installed 1.4 and all the classes are there the same ones that are on
> linux. I can run all the popular servlet engines that are available
> for Linux I can even write Beans or get this .... I have XP with IE 6
> and I use Applets yes I can go to a site with Applets and they work
> better and faster than before. Microsoft no longer writes the plugin
> but why is that a bad thing using the real Sun plugin is better.

> <worthless space inserted to make choads happy>

Speaking as a Java developer, I have to say I (reluctantly) find myself
agreeing with this troll. I'll get my coat...

Bob

--
"All I wanted in the end was world domination and a whole lot of money to
spend" - Justin Sullivan

Registered Linux User #228620

Post by gswo » Fri, 03 May 2002 16:52:44

> Speaking as a Java developer, I have to say I (reluctantly) find myself
> agreeing with this troll. I'll get my coat...

> Bob

Leave your coat* there Bob.  Basically the OP said:

-MS stopped including the JVM
-You can get it for a small MB download*
-So what's the problem?

(the ranty bits were, erm...garbage collected!)

Sure MS is trying it on with .net, but as far as using Java on
Windows, or Applets over IE, you can just go get a JVM.

* Realplayer, Quicktime & the latest Macromedia updates can all be
multi-mb downloads, a JVM is just another one.  If someone is willing
to get one they're usually happy to get another.

1. Microsoft dropping Java support from XP

What do you guys think about Microsoft choosing to drop support for Java in
XP? They claim that most people do not need Java support, so they are now
choosing to not include the virtual machine in the browser. In order to use
Java, consumers will be forced to go to a web site to download the necessary
"plug ins" to support Java applets. This is a gross inconvenience for
average Joe and Jane users... and seems to me like an attempt by Microsoft
to basically say "Hey... your web page will be dead and useless to most
users using XP... so you should drop Java and switch to our ".net"
technologies...".

Additionally, Microsoft has the audacity to support this decision by saying
that Java is a "security risk" just like anything else, like VB macros. Geez
Louise... For one thing, they have not yet fixed the VB problems, and it
seems unlikely they will be able to. Secondly... WHAT Java viruses? This
sounds ridiculous... wouldn't viruses be impossible unless the Microsoft
Java machine was flawed?

Sounds like a blatant attempt to quash Java... and they are being so obvious
about it! Antitrust, here we come!

2. linux good, but needs power

3. How to drop .html?

4. My IP address

5. Microsoft has dropped the gauntlet

6. NEEDED: Printcap for Okidata 820 laser on a sun sparc1

7. HP Drops Microsoft Word in Favor of WordPerfect

8. Learn how to run Windows apps under Linux - Oct. 1st, Davis CA

9. Could Microsoft be pressuring Dell to drop Linux?

10. Dissenting states took Microsoft money to drop antitrust appeal

11. Listen.com drops Microsoft for RealNetworks

12. Microsoft drops in eleventh hour app blocking into WinXP

13. Microsoft drops Java from IE for Mac, Unix