ACT!, on Linux?, or aything comparable?

Post by Ismet Der » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello all,

anyone knows, will Symantec port ACT! to Linux?
or is there anything comparable on Linux?

I'm sure, many people looking for such an app.

thank you..

Ismet

ACT!, on Linux?, or aything comparable?

Post by Ismet Der » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Hello all,

anyone knows, will Symantec port ACT! to Linux?
or is there anything comparable on Linux?

I'm sure, many people looking for such an app.

thank you..

Ismet

ACT!, on Linux?, or aything comparable?

Post by asche.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:> Hello all,

> anyone knows, will Symantec port ACT! to Linux?
> or is there anything comparable on Linux?

> I'm sure, many people looking for such an app.
> I have been looking for a while with no much luck. But from what i

have been reading i think that in the next 6 months we may see some CRM
perhaps from ORACLE or Applix.
The only software that has stopped me moving my business to linux has
been the luck of  good contact manager.

Quote:> thank you..

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

ACT!, on Linux?, or aything comparable?

Post by Christopher B. Brow » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

posted:
You seem to be multiple-posting this; you might want to check into the
configuration of your system as something may be wrong.

Quote:>anyone knows, will Symantec port ACT! to Linux?

I suspect it'll be a while yet.  ACT! seems to be particularly targeted
at marketing folk that are prepared to pay a premium price for a contact
management system.

Linux hasn't been "tuned in user-friendliness" to be readily accessible
to that category of users, which means that there's probably not a decent
market segment for Symantec to sell to yet.

It may happen, in time, but there are no guarantees.

Quote:>or is there anything comparable on Linux?

>I'm sure, many people looking for such an app.

Many people are looking to get all sorts of things for free.  Whether
that maps meaningfully to there being people that are looking to put
the effort in to *create* an application of equivalent functionality to
ACT! is a whole other question...
--
"If you are not willing to pay a meager $10 to support the development
of your operating system, you are too cheap to even own a computer."