Apache Steamroller.

Post by Bobby D. Bryan » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

According to the latest Netcraft survey
(http://www.netcraft.com/survey/), Apache has just hit 60% of the
marketshare for servers, gaining nearly 2% last month and (as is often
the case anymore) being the only major player to show any gain at all.

There is other interesting gossip at the site, such as mention of the
alpha version of Apache 2.0 with its performance improvements.

However, the funniest observation, and one that should perhaps be
brought to the attention of Hotmail's management, is this:

"Last month's survey announcement pointed out that compaq.com was
running Solaris. Many people at Compaq noticed this, and compaq.com is
now running Tru64 UNIX."

No, I take that back -- this one is even funnier:

"On a related note, it's notable that the Linux evangelism bandwagon is
bringing in people more prepared to envangelise the operating system
than run it themselves. At the last Linux Expo in London, more of the
exhibitor companies were running Microsoft-IIS than Linux on their own
sites. Recently queried sites on our server query form include;
linux.ora.com which runs Solaris, while linuxbeacon.com is an early
adopter of Windows 2000 along with the shortlived www.linuxanswers.co.uk
and the parody domain names www.slashdot.org.uk and www.freshmeat.org.
However, contrary to what one might expect, www.linuxsucks.org runs
Linux."

Bobby Bryant
Austin, Texas

1. apache module with pthread library linked crashes Apache 1.3.12 on RedHat Linux 6.2

A simple module just by linking pthread library
crashes apache 1.3.12 server,
i.e  httpd doesn't comes up.

This happens on RedHat 6.2 Linux.

any idea on apache module which links pthread library
for apache1.3.12 is appreciated.

steps to reproduc the problem:

downloaded apache_1.3.12.tar.gz on a RedHat 6.2 Linux machine.

compiled and installed with

#configure --enable-shared=max --enable-module=most \
--prefix=/usr/local/apache
#export PATH=/usr/local/apache/bin:$PATH
#apxs -g -i -n testMod
#cd testMod
#make
apxs -c    mod_testMod.c
gcc -DLINUX=2 -DUSE_HSREGEX -DUSE_EXPAT
-I../lib/expat-lite -fpic -DSHARED_MODULE
-I/usr/local/apache/include  -c mod_testMod.c
gcc -shared -o mod_testMod.so mod_testMod.o
#rm mod_testMod.so
#gcc -shared -o mod_testMod.so mod_testMod.o -lpthread
#make install
#/usr/local/apache/sbin/apactrl start

httpd dossn't comes up.

Thanks,
Datta.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

2. how to find what filesystem on device before mounting it?

3. Apache POST (from Apache newbie)

4. Is your computer being bugged???

5. Apache Doc & Startup procedure for Apache NT

6. options syntax for natsemi?

7. apache listen to port 80, another standalone apache+modssl listen port 443, not working..?!

8. Problems with DACOM Netglobal PCMCIA...

9. Can Apache be used as a tunnel to another Apache.

10. Apache: delay after cgi / apache::registry scripts

11. cannot install apache after installed frontpage 2000 patch apache

12. Apache Gurus: Apache virtual server using SSI???

13. Apache: mod_servlet for Apache 1.2?