Help:about booting the linux with UMSDOS filesystem

Help:about booting the linux with UMSDOS filesystem

Post by Byeong Soo Yu » Thu, 19 Mar 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

I have installed the Linux on my PC(pentium100, 16MRAM).
But I have a problem with booting the Linux with UMSDOS filesystem.

My booting environment is as following :
 kernel file name  : vmlinuz.
 graphic adaptor   : VGA/EGA
 driver of linux directory   : D:\

I have run the loadlinx.exe as following :
 d:\loadlin\loadlinx d:\linux\vmlinuz root=d: vga=3;
After executing the command above, my harddisk driver was running
but monitor is out of order.
What is the problem of booting?
Please let me know how to boot the Linux with UMSDOS filesystem.

Your prompt respons will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Byeong-soo Yun

1. Help : about booting the linux with UMSDOS filesystem

Hi,

I have installed the Linux on my PC(pentium100, 16MRAM).
But I have a problem with booting the Linux with UMSDOS filesystem.

My booting environment is as following :
 kernel file name  : vmlinuz.
 graphic adaptor   : VGA/EGA
 driver of linux directory   : D:\

I have run the loadlinx.exe as following :
 d:\loadlin\loadlinx d:\linux\vmlinuz root=d: vga=3;
After executing the command above, my harddisk driver was running
but monitor is out of order.
What is the problem of booting?
Please let me know how to boot the Linux with UMSDOS filesystem.

Your prompt respons will be highly appreciated.

Sincerely,

Byeong-soo Yun

2. Are my disks raid-5 ?

3. Help:about booting the linux with UMSDOS filesystem

4. 'defunct' task deallocation or avoidance

5. Help:"swap -c.."linux partition on umsdos filesystem

6. HUP signal in csh??

7. Help! VFS: mounted root (umsdos filesystem)

8. Installation problems

9. HELP:Diskquota + UMSDOS Filesystem

10. Accessing the DOS partition while using Linux with UMSDOS filesystem

11. Running Linux in DOS fat filesystem: here it is, UMSDOS

12. Perormance of Linux with UMSDOS filesystem

13. Booting from NT boot loader--UMSDOS fs