INFOWORLD article

Post by ------Simon---- » Fri, 03 Feb 1995 03:47:47

In this week's Infoworld magazine, they rated BSDI, Linux, and SCO ODT for
business internet access. BSDI came first, costing about $1000 for a 16 user
license. Linux followed close behind, with a $65 CD and book for unlimited
users. SCO ODT came dead last, WAY below Linux, and almost as expensive as
BSDI. It seems that Linux truly is ready for prime time.

                        Simon

*  flames to /dev/null                    Linux: choice of the GNU generation *
*  #include <disclaimer.h>                            I don't speak for NCSSM *

INFOWORLD article

Post by Software Develope » Fri, 03 Feb 1995 07:28:54

>In this week's Infoworld magazine, they rated BSDI, Linux, and SCO ODT for
>business internet access. BSDI came first, costing about $1000 for a 16 user
>license. Linux followed close behind, with a $65 CD and book for unlimited
>users. SCO ODT came dead last, WAY below Linux, and almost as expensive as
>BSDI. It seems that Linux truly is ready for prime time.

Doesn't surprise me.  I think Linux could even improve its score a little
and beat BSDI with a little polishing on documentation and a few other
aspects.  For price/performance comparisons though, Linux certainly has
big advantages.

Quote:>                    Simon

                                                Lee Heins