Top tip

Top tip

Post by cybea » Mon, 28 Oct 2002 01:45:42




> Never have a bath for 2 hours whilst watching match of the
> day. My hands are so shrivelled up I can barely type!

Oh? Stay in the bath 3 hours next time.
 
 
 

Top tip

Post by Peter K?hlman » Mon, 28 Oct 2002 02:06:47




>> Never have a bath for 2 hours whilst watching match of the
>> day. My hands are so shrivelled up I can barely type!

> Oh? Stay in the bath 3 hours next time.

And then someone should throw the hairdryer

Peter
--
Your conscience never stops you from doing anything.  It just stops you
from enjoying it.

 
 
 

Top tip

Post by cybea » Mon, 28 Oct 2002 03:08:08



> On Sat, 26 Oct 2002 23:45:42 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,


>>> Never have a bath for 2 hours whilst watching match of the
>>> day. My hands are so shrivelled up I can barely type!

>>Oh? Stay in the bath 3 hours next time.

> That would only make the problem worse.

Duh. Make it 3 and a half hours.
 
 
 

Top tip

Post by cybea » Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:13:53



> On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 01:08:08 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,


>>>>> Never have a bath for 2 hours whilst watching match of the
>>>>> day. My hands are so shrivelled up I can barely type!

>>>>Oh? Stay in the bath 3 hours next time.

>>> That would only make the problem worse.

>>Duh. Make it 3 and a half hours.

> Even worse.

Worse for you...
 
 
 

Top tip

Post by cybea » Mon, 28 Oct 2002 22:53:12



> On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 19:13:53 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,


>>>>> That would only make the problem worse.

>>>>Duh. Make it 3 and a half hours.

>>> Even worse.

>>Worse for you...

> And in different for everyone else.

Unless it get's bad enough you can't type then it is very good for everyone
else. Try 4 hours.
 
 
 

Top tip

Post by Peter K?hlmann Sucks dick » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 03:35:38


On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 02:06:47 +0200, Peter K?hlmann




>>> Never have a bath for 2 hours whilst watching match of the
>>> day. My hands are so shrivelled up I can barely type!

>> Oh? Stay in the bath 3 hours next time.

>And then someone should throw the hairdryer

Wow, a nazi is dreaming of the old glory days of the gestapo tactics.
You German*sucking asswipe..
 
 
 

Top tip

Post by cybea » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 07:18:31



> On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 20:53:12 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,


>>>>Worse for you...

>>> And in different for everyone else.

>>Unless it get's bad enough you can't type then it is very good for
>>everyone else. Try 4 hours.

> The 10C temperature in my room already makes typing hard
> enough.

You can still type, so it obviously does not make it hard enough.
 
 
 

Top tip

Post by chris » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 17:18:01




>> Never have a bath for 2 hours whilst watching match of the
>> day. My hands are so shrivelled up I can barely type!

>Oh? Stay in the bath 3 hours next time.

Yeah.  Feed the troll.  Good plan.
 
 
 

Top tip

Post by cybea » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 22:20:48


If you don't like it, put me in your kill file.



>>> Never have a bath for 2 hours whilst watching match of the
>>> day. My hands are so shrivelled up I can barely type!

>>Oh? Stay in the bath 3 hours next time.

> Yeah.  Feed the troll.  Good plan.

 
 
 

Top tip

Post by The Ghost In The Machin » Tue, 29 Oct 2002 23:01:08


In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Adolf Torvalds

 wrote
on Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:15:41 +0000

> On Sun, 27 Oct 2002 20:53:12 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,


>>>>Worse for you...

>>> And in different for everyone else.

>>Unless it get's bad enough you can't type then it is very
>>good for everyone else. Try 4 hours.

> The 10C temperature in my room already makes typing hard
> enough.

10C?  That's a tad chilly, ain't it?  20C would be more like room
temperature, unless one takes residence in, say, a meat locker... :-)

(In which case, 0C is more like it.  I'm not sure if meat in a
meat locker is hard-frozen, or merely near-frozen.)

--

converter here
It's still legal to go .sigless.

 
 
 

Top tip

Post by Linonu » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 05:59:49


After takin' a swig o' grog, drsquare belched out this bit o' wisdom:

Quote:> I get used to it. Now it's a nice and warm 15C. Like an
> oven. I will sleep well tonight.

How can you sleep with those damp ankles?

--

 
 
 

Top tip

Post by GreyClou » Wed, 30 Oct 2002 09:38:10



> If you don't like it, put me in your kill file.




> >>> Never have a bath for 2 hours whilst watching match of the
> >>> day. My hands are so shrivelled up I can barely type!

> >>Oh? Stay in the bath 3 hours next time.

> > Yeah.  Feed the troll.  Good plan.

He appears to be a bit crabby lately.
 
 
 

Top tip

Post by The Ghost In The Machin » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 03:02:35


In comp.os.linux.advocacy, drsquare

 wrote
on Tue, 29 Oct 2002 00:35:24 +0000

> On Mon, 28 Oct 2002 21:01:08 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  (The Ghost In The Machine

>>In comp.os.linux.advocacy, Adolf Torvalds

>> wrote
>>on Sun, 27 Oct 2002 21:15:41 +0000

>>>>Unless it get's bad enough you can't type then it is very
>>>>good for everyone else. Try 4 hours.

>>> The 10C temperature in my room already makes typing hard
>>> enough.

>>10C?  That's a tad chilly, ain't it?  

> I get used to it. Now it's a nice and warm 15C. Like an
> oven. I will sleep well tonight.

I may like my condo cool -- but 15C = 59F; never mind that 10C
= 50F.  I can't get my condo *that* cool.  (Why I'd want to is
Yet Another Unanswerable Question. I can get it down to about
59F, if I work at it, but my neighbors might think me slightly
touched were I to use my fans in cold weather.)

ObLinux: Speaking of cool...I'll admit I'm going to have to find
me a good thermometer, but it's extremely noticeable on my one
dualboot machine [PII 400 Mhz] after I've played a good game
of Quake I on FreeDOS -- or even if I've *not* done anything
at all on FreeDOS, just leaving it up awhile.  (Haven't gotten
around to setting up plex86 yet.  Darn those round tuits...)

This is an old argument, to be sure -- but it's clear that Linux
knows how to handle HLT.  (To its credit, so does Win2k.
For what all this is worth, but it suggests Linux may be slightly
less stressful on equipment.)

--

It's still legal to go .sigless.

 
 
 

Top tip

Post by D. C. Session » Thu, 31 Oct 2002 07:02:40



> On Wed, 30 Oct 2002 01:02:35 GMT, in comp.os.linux.advocacy,
>  (The Ghost In The Machine
>>I may like my condo cool -- but 15C = 59F; never mind that 10C
>>= 50F.  I can't get my condo *that* cool.  

> Just open the window and turn the heating off.

What, and let the temp get back up to 30C again?
No thanks.  Keeping it down to 25C this time of year
is still pretty expensive.  I don't even think the
system can go that low; the vent temperatures are
about 15C.

--
|      In the course of every project there comes a time        |
|         when the best de* is a can of gasoline.          |