Another One!

Post by Martijn Brun » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Another virus like the recent 'ILOVEYOU' has been detected. Read
about it here:

http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2572454,00.html?chkpt=z...

Windows-users really have to watch their e-mail carefully these
days. I wonder when it'll be our turn.

Another One!

Post by The Ghost In The Machi » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

Quote:>Another virus like the recent 'ILOVEYOU' has been detected. Read
>about it here:

>http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2572454,00.html?chkpt=z...

>Windows-users really have to watch their e-mail carefully these
>days. I wonder when it'll be our turn.

Wasn't Kevin Mitnick's Internet Worm targeted specifically at Sendmail? :-)
Or am I misremembering something?

--

Another One!

Post by Tim Kelle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> >Another virus like the recent 'ILOVEYOU' has been detected. Read
> >about it here:

> >http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2572454,00.html?chkpt=z...

> >Windows-users really have to watch their e-mail carefully these
> >days. I wonder when it'll be our turn.

> Wasn't Kevin Mitnick's Internet Worm targeted specifically at Sendmail? :-)
> Or am I misremembering something?

The internet worm didn't have anything to do with sendmail AFAIK,
I believe it was lower level than that

Kevin Mitnick didn't have anything to do with the internet worm

--

Tim Kelley

Another One!

Post by plasm.. » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

>>Another virus like the recent 'ILOVEYOU' has been detected. Read
>>about it here:

>>http://www.zdnet.com/zdnn/stories/news/0,4586,2572454,00.html?chkpt=z...

>>Windows-users really have to watch their e-mail carefully these
>>days. I wonder when it'll be our turn.

> Wasn't Kevin Mitnick's Internet Worm targeted specifically at Sendmail? :-)
> Or am I misremembering something?

Mitnik didn't write it.  It was Morris.  I just find it funny that everytime someone mentions an Outlook worm that they all point to a sendmail bug in 88.

Another One!

Post by John Sander » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> I remember the days of proper (well written and extermely clever)
> polymorphic viruses. Inserting random gibberish is pathetic. Didn't some
> of the old ones used to encrypt their own code or something, so that
> only about 2 bytes were guarnteed to be the same from one version to
> another?

> -Ed

> --
> Did you know that the reason that windows steam up in cold weather is
> because
> of all the fish in the atmosphere?
>         -The Hackenthorpe Book Of Lies

        Maybe it is time for VisualVirus for the 'would be' and unskilled
internet terrorists.  Could be one of the spin offs from the MS break
up.
--
John W. Sanders
---------------

Another One!

Post by Craig Kelle » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> > I remember the days of proper (well written and extermely clever)
> > polymorphic viruses. Inserting random gibberish is pathetic. Didn't some
> > of the old ones used to encrypt their own code or something, so that
> > only about 2 bytes were guarnteed to be the same from one version to
> > another?

>    Maybe it is time for VisualVirus for the 'would be' and unskilled
> internet terrorists.  Could be one of the spin offs from the MS break
> up.

It'd give Dr. Watson something to do.

Another One!

Post by jbarnt » Sun, 31 Dec 1899 09:00:00

> > > I remember the days of proper (well written and extermely clever)
> > > polymorphic viruses. Inserting random gibberish is pathetic.
Didn't some
> > > of the old ones used to encrypt their own code or something, so
that
> > > only about 2 bytes were guarnteed to be the same from one version
> > > another?

> >       Maybe it is time for VisualVirus for the 'would be' and
unskilled
> > internet terrorists.  Could be one of the spin offs from the MS
break
> > up.

> It'd give Dr. Watson something to do.

The good doctor seems to already have plenty to do. Why make life even
more difficult. NT suffers from a chronic illness that needs more than
one MD.

--
jbarntt

<Chocolate Watchband>

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

1. One easy, one less so, one not quite so.....

Hi !

First the easy one...

All I want is a text string with the time and date in, please.....
I've used sys/time.h, time.h, gettimeofday, time, ctime, asctime,
timeval*, tm* and time_t* which combination do I need ????

The middling one....

I have created a sub process using fork() and now want to use the
sub process to execute "xhost +" I've been using execl("xhost",
"xhost","+") but that don't seem to work. I know that this strictly
ain't a solaris question but the next one is... :-)

The not so easy one...

I have written a couple of xview apps under linux and I now want
to compile them under solaris. I've been using xmkmf with the
same Imakefile but solaris comes up with XView.tmpl and XView.prog
missing. Also it doesn't find ClientXViewLibs or half the libraries.
Is it the set up here or am I missing something ?

Cheers folks....

2. What have I done wrong....

3. apache, day one, hour one, minute one, local write permission !?!?!?!?

4. PORT REUSE

5. point one and one dns at fast hosts server

6. CUPS-webinterface: wrong links?

7. Nawk: can I use more than one input file in one script?

8. Minor PPP/chat problem

9. FS:One Noname, One XL266 --Make me an offer

10. How to setup a secondary mail server in case the first one goes down?

11. one to one user-space thread and lwp

12. Backup: One tape and one floppy disk?!

13. Challenge: 'ln' one liner to merge one directory tree into another?