MS Linux? Did I miss something?

Post by SINNE » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 19:40:11

http://www.mslinux.org/

It looks real, but it just CANT be....Can it?

Just toying with www.google.com/linux I typed "distro" in the search and
this was the first link!

--
David

http://www.mameworld.net/  MameWorld, The largest MAME resource on the net
http://www.mandrakelinux.com Activation Free since November 1998
http://www.tombstones.org.uk/burners.php - Free CD MAME ROM Offer

Post by SINNE » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 19:44:11

Quote:> http://www.mslinux.org/

> It looks real, but it just CANT be....Can it?

> Just toying with www.google.com/linux I typed "distro" in the search and
> this was the first link!

never mind, after futher investigation, I have Been HAD....Thank God!

Sorry to have bothered :(

--

Post by cybea » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 19:47:54

> http://www.mslinux.org/

> It looks real, but it just CANT be....Can it?

> Just toying with www.google.com/linux I typed "distro" in the search and
> this was the first link!

Ummm, does the word gullable mean anything to you? Did you read the "What
others are saying:"?  I like the "How do I get Linux?"

"How do I get MS Linux?

"We are now offering the MS Linux Introductory CD at a special introductory
price of only $249.99 (plus shipping and handling), if you order before it
ships.

"MS Linux is released under the provisions of the Gates Private License,
which means you can freely use this Software on a single machine without
warranty after having paid the purchase price and annual renewal fees."

MS Linux? Did I miss something?

Post by SINNE » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 19:54:31

Quote:> Ummm, does the word gullable mean anything to you? Did you read the
> "What others are saying:"?  I like the "How do I get Linux?"

Yes and I posted the fact that I was hornswaggeled.

Quote:> "How do I get MS Linux?

> "We are now offering the MS Linux Introductory CD at a special
> introductory price of only $249.99 (plus shipping and handling), if
> you order before it ships.

Now, if it was real how would this be any different than Lindows Charging
$99, certainly not unlike MS to do this. The point is moot but this would
certainly NOT have given it away as fast as the comments did.

Quote:

> "MS Linux is released under the provisions of the Gates Private
> License, which means you can freely use this Software on a single
> machine without warranty after having paid the purchase price and
> annual renewal fees."

Hey, I bet they would try this too, afterall, their distro would be better
and more stable and less susceptable to securty problems right? And in the
back I got this great suspension bridge I can sell ya....

--
David

http://www.mameworld.net/  MameWorld, The largest MAME resource on the net
http://www.mandrakelinux.com Activation Free since November 1998
http://www.tombstones.org.uk/burners.php - Free CD MAME ROM Offer

MS Linux? Did I miss something?

Post by rapska » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 20:35:09

Error log for Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:40:11 +0000, segfault in module
"SINNER": dump details are as follows...

Quote:> http://www.mslinux.org/

> It looks real, but it just CANT be....Can it?

> Just toying with www.google.com/linux I typed "distro" in the search and
> this was the first link!

BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAHAAAAHAAA!!!

That's going in the bookmarks!

--
rapskat -   2:30pm  up 13 days, 15:14,  2 users,  load average: 1.43, 1.52, 1.59
CPU states:  0.1% user,  0.2% system,  0.3% nice,  0.0% idle

"The Soviet Union, which has complained recently about alleged anti-Soviet
themes in American advertising, lodged an official protest this week against
the Ford Motor Company's new campaign: `Hey you stinking fat Russian, get
 off my Ford Escort.'"
-- Dennis Miller, Saturday Night Live

MS Linux? Did I miss something?

Post by paul cook » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 20:46:35

comp.os.linux.advocacy to propose the following:

Quote:> http://www.mslinux.org/

> It looks real, but it just CANT be....Can it?

> Just toying with www.google.com/linux I typed "distro" in the search
> and this was the first link!

nice spoof site... now archived via Konqueror's excellent archiving
feature...

I wonder just how long this spoof site's going to last now it's been
exposed in here???

ISTR other spoof sites have been shut down pretty pronto after receiving
cease and desist orders for breach of the Microsoft (tm) Trademark...

--
Paul Cooke
  Registered Linux user 273897 Machine registration number 156819

MS Linux? Did I miss something?

Post by Matt » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 21:19:21

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 at 18:35 GMT, rapskat
spilled his alphabet soup on the floor, and the letters spelled:

Quote:> Error log for Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:40:11 +0000, segfault in module
> "SINNER": dump details are as follows...

>> http://www.mslinux.org/

>> It looks real, but it just CANT be....Can it?

>> Just toying with www.google.com/linux I typed "distro" in the search and
>> this was the first link!

> BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAHAAAAHAAA!!!

> That's going in the bookmarks!

You think that it funny?  Howz about this one:
   http://www.microsoft.com/security/home/

I would advise you against bookmarking this link though.

--
Matt
  2:21pm  up 9 days, 12:25,  3 users,  load average: 0.30 0.09, 0.03

Post by Jon Portno » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 21:58:33

> On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 at 18:35 GMT, rapskat
> spilled his alphabet soup on the floor, and the letters spelled:
>> Error log for Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:40:11 +0000, segfault in module
>> "SINNER": dump details are as follows...

>>> http://www.mslinux.org/

>>> It looks real, but it just CANT be....Can it?

>>> Just toying with www.google.com/linux I typed "distro" in the search and
>>> this was the first link!

>> BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAHAAAAHAAA!!!

>> That's going in the bookmarks!

> You think that it funny?  Howz about this one:
>    http://www.microsoft.com/security/home/

> I would advise you against bookmarking this link though.

Your box might melt.

--
Jon Portnoy

Post by Joshua Bear » Sat, 12 Oct 2002 22:38:25

> http://www.mslinux.org/

> It looks real, but it just CANT be....Can it?

> Just toying with www.google.com/linux I typed "distro" in the search and
> this was the first link!

This is old.  Really old.  Still funny to see, though.  Scary at the same
time.  I wonder what it'll turn into next month..

MS Linux? Did I miss something?

Post by Bill Bake » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 00:49:48

On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:46:35 -0400, "paul cooke"

> comp.os.linux.advocacy to propose the following:

>> http://www.mslinux.org/

>> It looks real, but it just CANT be....Can it?

>> Just toying with www.google.com/linux I typed "distro" in the search
>> and this was the first link!

> nice spoof site... now archived via Konqueror's excellent archiving
> feature...

> I wonder just how long this spoof site's going to last now it's been
> exposed in here???

> ISTR other spoof sites have been shut down pretty pronto after receiving
> cease and desist orders for breach of the Microsoft (tm) Trademark...

Not to worry, I first saw this site about two years ago, so I don't think
it's going anywhere.  I believe it's covered under fair use.

--
If you spend all of your time arguing with people who are nuts, you'll
be exhausted and the nuts will still be nuts.

Post by cybea » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 03:23:14

> On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 at 18:35 GMT, rapskat
> spilled his alphabet soup on the floor, and the letters spelled:
>> Error log for Fri, 11 Oct 2002 17:40:11 +0000, segfault in module
>> "SINNER": dump details are as follows...

>>> http://www.mslinux.org/

>>> It looks real, but it just CANT be....Can it?

>>> Just toying with www.google.com/linux I typed "distro" in the search and
>>> this was the first link!

>> BWAAAHAAAHAAAHAAHAAAAHAAA!!!

>> That's going in the bookmarks!

> You think that it funny?  Howz about this one:
>    http://www.microsoft.com/security/home/

> I would advise you against bookmarking this link though.

No, This is a web page from the Horror, not comedy, genera.

Post by Dave Leig » Sun, 13 Oct 2002 08:19:48

> On Fri, 11 Oct 2002 14:46:35 -0400, "paul cooke"

>> comp.os.linux.advocacy to propose the following:

>>> http://www.mslinux.org/

>>> It looks real, but it just CANT be....Can it?

>>> Just toying with www.google.com/linux I typed "distro" in the search
>>> and this was the first link!

>> nice spoof site... now archived via Konqueror's excellent archiving
>> feature...

>> I wonder just how long this spoof site's going to last now it's been
>> exposed in here???

>> ISTR other spoof sites have been shut down pretty pronto after receiving
>> cease and desist orders for breach of the Microsoft (tm) Trademark...

> Not to worry, I first saw this site about two years ago, so I don't think
> it's going anywhere.  I believe it's covered under fair use.

It's covered under parody. Fair use is serious.

--
Dave Leigh, Consulting Systems Analyst
Cratchit.org