Win2k better than other MS OSes, but worse than Unix - report

Win2k better than other MS OSes, but worse than Unix - report

Post by r.. » Sun, 10 Jun 2001 01:56:36

This is one humungous url I'm afraid:

http://www.gigaweb.com/marketing/home1.asp?q1=windows+2000+profession...

'And though Windows 2000 Server closed the reliability gap with all
 versions of Novell, Inc.?s NetWare, the latest Microsoft Corp. server
 operating system is still not as reliable as Unix. According to the
 respondents; Windows 2000 requires 300 percent more unnecessary reboots
 than Unix.'

--
Over 100 security bugs in Microsoft SW last year. An infamous
record. The worst offending piece of SW, by far, IIS. 2001 isn't

Post by Mig » Sun, 10 Jun 2001 06:22:19

> This is one humungous url I'm afraid:

http://www.gigaweb.com/marketing/home1.asp?q1=windows+2000+profession...

Quote:

> 'And though Windows 2000 Server closed the reliability gap with all
>  versions of Novell, Inc.?s NetWare, the latest Microsoft Corp. server
>  operating system is still not as reliable as Unix. According to the
>  respondents; Windows 2000 requires 300 percent more unnecessary reboots
>  than Unix.'

Exactly what i, as a user of Windows 2000, have been claiming for very long
time.
Its actually a joke that some of the people surveyed regard W2K as a
realliable OS and compare how much more stable than Win95 it is.  "83 %
more reliable than Windows 95", "64% more reliable than NT".... This is a
JOKE... how can this OS even compare to ZX81 OS? :-)

Cheers

1. win2k + linux: how to boot from win2k os loader

I successfully installed redhat 7.0 on a system which had win2k. I didn't
get the option of choosing where to install LILO. The installation was ok
and I can now dual boot from LILO. I want to restore control to the WIN2k
OS loader. How do I do that? I am afraid that if I just unistall LILO I
will make the whole system unbootable.

2. Andrew and Remote News?

3. MS paper touts Unix in Hotmail's Win2k switch

4. X server problem- please help!

5. Few differences between SCO and AIX (and others Unix OS)

6. Ftape works! Now what?

7. A better, or worse, spoofing attack?

8. #9 motion 771 and 312D - no better, no worse ;-(

9. swapping to a second HD. Better or worse?

10. Why is elf better/worse than a.out?

11. MS Says Unix better than W2K